MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.2

on 1/19/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Worth every penny! I love this product. I use it as a brow highlighter, along the temples in moderation, in my inner eye corners, and on my Cupid's bow - especially when wearing a bold lip. Fantastic for us porcelain skinned gals.

on 1/2/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG highlighter! It is AMAZING! A friend of mine recommended it to me so I bought it straight away, I use this every single day under my eyebrows and under my eyes sometimes on my nose. And it gives an amazing finish! I LOVEEEE LOVE THIS. If you were thinking of buying this. Do it!
PROS
+ AMAZING colour for highlighter
+ A lot of product
+ Will last forever
+ Smells Nice
CONS
- No mirror in the compact :'(

on 12/20/2012 7:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This was the first powder highlighter that I've bought. I've always been skeptical with highlighters because they always look to shimmery or glittery. I quite like it but I don't love it. It looks beautiful on the pan and on the skin. It's a very pale almost white beige that gives a sheen to the skin where applied. You do not need much to get the effect you desire. No crazy discoball face either! I apply this to my cupids bow and cheek bones. Looks lovely in both sunlight and indoor lighting.

I would repurchase, but I don't see myself running out anytime soon.

on 11/4/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have to say I'm not that impressed. This perfectly serves its function, but I feel like so would a sheer shimmery white eyeshadow. I tried using Jordana Snowy White eyeshadow and it looked extremely similar. Highlighters have their nuances like all makeup products, and in this case the biggest difference is that the Jordana eyeshadow's white base is more pigmented and you have to use a light hand with it. With MAC Lightscapade, if you only want a natural looking glow, a light-medium hand is fine. It looks like it gives a dewy glow as opposed to LOOK AT MY SHIMMERY DEWY CHEEKS. However, I find myself needing several swipes or a heavy hand so it can waste a bit of time. Then again, I'd rather look not dewy enough than way too shiny. I sort of bought it so I could resell it for a higher price, then I ended up liking it enough to keep. :P

All the same though - I'd be totally happy using any of my other highlighters like CoverGirl Snow Plum (what an unsung hero! This is slightly iridescent white-champagney pink) , Boots Shimmering Lotion, Wet n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana, Wet 'n' Wild Acapulco Glow etc. In no way is MAC Lightscapade something I'd always repurchase, mostly because there are outstanding cheaper options.

on 11/4/2012 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My HG highlighter. I swear I am in love. It gives a beautiful angelic glow.

on 10/14/2012 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a nice powder highlighter for cheekbones, I wish this was permanent. Use it pretty much everyday with a mac 187 brush

i love this products ,its the perfect highlight color without being to shiny or sparkly it just gives you a healthy glow,will definitely be repurchasing

on 8/25/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product as it was the first MSF I had tried. I was keen to find a highlighter and seeing as this one was raved about after it's first release, I snapped it up when it showed up on shelves again.
I have to say I am all in all disappointed with this product. Firstly, I managed to get a bake with very little marbling in it, there are some blue veins running through mine but hardly any of the coral so if you're buying make sure you're bossy with which one you take home!
Secondly, the product pay off just isn't what I was hoping for and I find it quite difficult to achieve even a subtle highlight. I'm an NC30 so perhaps I am just a touch too dark for this powder? The MUA assured me it would be fine but surprise surprise I think that was all for the sale. It works okay when I use a bit of Mac Fix + on the brush to wet it before applying, but overall that's a lot of hassle and I just don't reach for this often enough to justify the price.

I know a lot of people love this product so don't write it out on my account, but personally I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/25/2012 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Mine is like the third picture- mostly whitish with a little of the colored veining in it. It is pretty on- very natural highlighted look that I really like. This one and perfect topping are my fav highlighters and I alternate between them.

on 7/17/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been trying a lot of highlighters lately. I've had a difficult time getting one that works. Albatross was way too gold. Whisper of gilt too dark and yellow. Nars Copacabana illuminator too thin and greasy looking. Anyway, at first I didn't like this all that much. But after using it for a couple months it's really grown on me. It doesn't seem that special, just a light highlighter that's colorless and not too disco ball but not greasy looking either. I wouldn't pay tons for it on ebay though. I'd try Hard Candy Tiki bronzer or Lorac perfectly lit if you can't get this. They may not be dupes but they are great highlighters.
Edit: 3/23/13 I've seen a lot of "finishing powders" come out like the NARS light reflecting setting powder or guerlain meteorites. I decided to try and use this in a similar fashion. So after I do all my makeup, very last I use a little extremely lightly all over my face. It's a fun change and it helps liven up really matte foundation.