MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased my Lightscapade during the Hayley Williams limited edition collection after having read so many good reviews. Plus Hayley herself loved it so it must be good.
In my opinion it is a lovely candlelight highlight. The shimmers are subtle and it feels velvety soft.
It does not last an awful long time like most highlighters.
Also a little goes a long way. I have used it quiet a fair bit and I have barely made a dent in the pan.
However, it is nothing amazing. It is just nice.
I was however disappointed that my Lightscapade did not have as much veining as others did. Though, I doubt that would really affect its performance.
In conclusion, it's nice, nothing that will wow you, though do check it out if you have the money to spare.

on 6/29/2013 3:21:00 AM

I have very pale skin and this is the perfect highlight for me. It gives a nice subtle glow to the face and looks amazing.

on 6/25/2013 4:27:00 PM

I love this as a highlighter on my NW10 skin. It gives just the right amount of highlight without looking over the top or too glittery. Nothing negative to say... it's a great product, and I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 6/19/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am fair skinned girl (Illamasqua Skin Base 6, Bourjois 52). I wanted to buy Soft and Gentle but it was out of stock so I settled down with the Lightscapade. I expected more from it. It is a nice everyday highlighter, champagne color, hard to overdo. It doesn't do much; I try layering it (Inglot 4SS, Bdellium Tools 945) but it still doesn't show. I thought it'll be like: put the highlighter and - bam! - diva luminous. I use it for the inner corners of the eye ans an eye shadow - very subtle finish. I don't know why, but I don't find it too pigmented.

on 5/15/2013 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If you are pale skinned, this is an amazing highlighter!! Its my HG! I apply it with a Sigma F05 brush. It creates a dewy sheen where its applied, but not glittery. I can't say enough good things about it! I wish I would've looked at the CCO before I bought it on MACs website. Its about 10 bucks cheaper. Pale skinned people shall rejoice!

HG. Also try using a damp brush on this and it gives the most amazing finish.

on 4/21/2013 4:02:00 PM

This is one of my top 2 powder highlighters of all time. The product is expensive but it will LAST FOREVER. It takes so little to give you the perfect glint of shimmer on your cheekbones. It has no scent, it is pretty fool proof...you cant really scrape off too much product with your brush and make yourself look instantly like a disco ball like some highlighters will.

I can only say how perfect it is on pale skin like mine (NC15 ish for reference)....it might look ashy on a darker tone but I couldn't really say. This is a must have for all you pale people out there though!!!!!!!!!

on 4/19/2013 6:44:00 PM

I really love this product. The shade is perfect for a highlighter and sometimes I use it as a shadow or on my brow bone. It has some shine to it but it doesn't look like you applied glitter all over your face. It is definitely good value for money and you get quite a lot of product. If I ever run out of it I would re purchase for sure!!!

on 4/17/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite products from MAC. It is a little pricey, but it goes a long way. Goes great over foundation or even just over moisturizer to make your skin glowy and alive. The shimmer is very subtle, almost like a sheen rather than individual shimmers. Be careful with how much you do apply though as it can get too heavy and look strange, especially on paler girls, like myself. Although I will say it looks great on paler skin and makes us look less washed out.

Worth the money, long lasting, and high quality.

on 4/7/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this recently at the CCO outlet by my house for $20. In the past I have only used liquid highlighters but I never fell in love, so ended up skipping this step. I have really fallen for this product. It is very natural on my skin (NW15 leaning neutral) and doesn't look over the top but adds a nice sheen. I feel that using this is fool proof and so quick to use.

Top Rated MAC Products