September 23, 2014 | 1031 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! I've been searching for a while, and I think I've found my HG highlight. I sweep it across my cheekbones and brow bone to give myself a healthy, glowy look that looks natural and not shimmery and fake looking. I tried MAC's soft and gentle, but it was too shimmery for my taste, it looked quite silver-y and over powering. It would be better for a night out, or when there is very dim lighting. But I can just use Lightscapade for that by just applying a bit more than usual. It really does give me the perfect glowy and dewy look. I was sold on it 100% when I got 3 compliments by friends on the same day saying I looked very glowy and tan (I wasn't wearing any different makeup than usual expect for this highlight, plus I'm quite pale...). It is rather expensive, but there's a ton of product, this will last forever. Most other highlights (like nars albatross) are around the same price but have half as much product. The only problem is that I'm scared that I'll drop it and it will shatter and I'll end up wasting so much product. I wish it was half as big and half the price, it would be more convenient in my opinion, but I won't complain too much, this stuff is the best!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

I really like this product, I just purchased a couple weeks ago.I love the way it looks almost dimensinal on my skin and great on top of my blushes. I love how it is swirled because it looks cool.I also like how it is not to shimmery but provides a glow.I would reccommend this to everyone who likes highlighters, this one will probabaly be purchaased mulitple times by me.And it also looks extra nice when applied with a MAC 168, just for a tip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Right now I love this. Make no mistake, this is subtle shine compared to BB shimmer sticks, LM, Dior, TF, etc. highlighter. It does have veining but maybe not as much as the picture. This is perfect for ender the eye area/upper cheak area and down the nose, on the chin, right on top of blush. It is subtle and that is a good thing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Siongyen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm brand new to MSFs so this is my first one I have ever bought. I got this a couple of weeks ago and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. The one I recieved was via post, as I bought it online from Mac. Initially mine did not have alot a veining going through it, however I find as I am using the product more and more colours are becoming apparent. There are blue and peach threads that were not there when it was new. So from an asthetic point of view its becoming more beautiful to look at it as I use it up. I know all MSF are unique but there must be some others out there that are doing this as well?
The product on my face itself is absolutely beautiful, its so subtle, and makes my skin glow. With some of my other highlighters I have to use a really light hand but with this I know I can just plonk it on my face and I won't look like a glitterbomb. Its also beautiful as an eyeshadow too.
I love this MSF so much I bought a second one from a Mac store and asked the MUA if I could pick one with lots of veining in it. The second one I have is alot more pretty to look at, and as weird as it sounds I just like pulling it out and looking at it, its so beautiful in the pan.
I know this product in the 2011 and 2012 collection has got negative reviews as it is not comparable to the 2006 lightscapade but personally I think if you, like me are new to the MSFs thing then you will love this regardless. For me it was the thing missing from my makeup collection.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by albs

I purchased my Lightscapade with MAC's Reel Sexy collection. I've seen comparison photos between recent Lightscapade releases and the originals, with the originals looking much more veined and colourful. The display sample at the counter was very beige with hardly any veining at all, but I had my heart set on finding a lovely highlight so I asked if they had any with more and I haven't been disappointed with the one I purchased. It's not quite as colourful and marbled as the pictures I've seen of older versions but it is absolutely lovely all the same. It's shimmery without being glittery and gives my cheekbones a beautiful sheen. It's exactly what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by lovinvanilla

I got this a few days ago from the Reel Sexy Collection and it's my first MSF ever. The overall colour is definitely pretty light and not very veined, though I picked out the most coloured one they had. I was a bit surprised at how dusty it is! When I used it with a very soft brush, product dusted up like crazy. :(

The finish looks lovely and not too shimmery on my cheeks, which is good since I have combination skin and by pores can look big. Not with Lightscapade though. NARS Albatross was a lot more glittery and too gold for me. The wear isn't too great, maybe 6 hours. When I apply this in the morning, it has pretty much disappeared by evening. I liked this on my eyes below the browbown as well. I don't think I'd get this again though, the texture is just not that great. Based on all of the rave reviews I was just expecting more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by MSEMR2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this. Lightscapade doesn't wow me, but it works perfectly with cool toned colors I own. I think this will work better on me in the winter when I'm less tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am seriously in love with this.When I heard it was coming out with the Reel Sexy collection I was so excited because I had heard such great things about it, but then I saw Temptalia's review on it and all the comments saying that it wasn't as good as the original and it wasn't really worth getting. So when the collections came out online I didn't get it(I don't have a Mac near so I couldn't swatch it for myself).During two weeks I just kept thinking about it and finally caved in and boy I'm so glad I did.. !! Mine has a lot of colored swirls, way more than the one on Temptalia and it's sooo pretty !! It is the perfect highlighter for me, its a pale beige/gold that gives the most beautiful glow,it's not shimmery or glittery so it doesn't emphasize my huge pores .It's very work appropriate but you can totally build it up to be more of a night look !The staying power is great too, it usually start to fade about the same time my blush does which is after 6-7 hours ! I would buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

Beautiful, subtle highlighter. This is my first MSF, and I'll be honest that I pretty much bought it because it looks pretty in the pan. Those purple/green/beige swirls are just stunning. I thought this would just be eye-candy in my collection since I already have and love a few theBalm Mary Loumanizers, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I like Lightscapade. I find myself reaching for it daily. Swapped next to each other, Lightscapade definitely has a lighter-colored, less golden sheen (more neutral, maybe?) than Mary Lou- and the flashes of green, yellow and purple in Lightscapade are so subtle, but make all the difference. They're very fine shimmer particles, but they blend and complement each other so beautifully. Looks amazing on the skin! I have read some complaints at how 'blech, beige' this MSF is, but I actually find that to be part of its beauty. Mary Lou is much more obvious and golden, and beautiful in its own way, but it has really taken a back-burner to Lightscapade for my everyday office look. I wish it were permanent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

First, based on photos from Lightscapade's last promotion, the product in the compact no longer had the obvious (and very beautiful) blue/peach/pale gold marbling it had the last time it was part of a collection. My compact had very little blue or green or peach. However, when I looked VERY closely upon application in direct sunlight, I could see glints of violet blue, green, etc. It doesn't seem to effect how Lightscapade performs as a highlighter, as the colors combined together make a neutral, pale gold sheen on the cheekbones that is perfect. I found that I had to make multiple swipes from the compact to get to the level of glow I wanted, but some might view that as a plus as it can be very subtle or quite shimmery. You will never get a very obvious shine or glitter effect from this, unless you totally pack it on with a trowel. The glow it does provide is very natural-looking, and you do get a lot of product. The only thing I found to be worth knocking a star off is that it wears off my combination-oily skin within a few hours. But it's so beautiful both in and out of the compact that it makes me very happy! I really love it.