April 19, 2014 | 888 users online

- nice slick packaging
- wide range of tones both NC & NW

Cons:-

- the NC is too yellow
- it WILL make you look dry if your skin is anything but flawless.
- thick thick and THICK texture. gross!!!
- coverage is light to medium which is surprising with such a thick texture...

I'm going back to my bare minerals, what a waste of good money. also DO NOT depend on the MU in the MAC counter to match your foundations, mine gave me an NW six months back even though I'm a crystal clear cool toned person -which is why I only wear silver jewelry- anyway most of the Tech line is either too yellow or too pink that you need to mix it which I never had to do with my other foundations including studio sculpt.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by kelzlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm really unsure about this makeup...I want to like it! It has great coverage and looks amazing on. But it doesn't last! I blend it in a lot with a stippling brush and put powder on but whenever I touch my face throughout the day it ends up on my finger and takes it off my face completely... :S Can anyone offer a solution? Otherwise I'll just keep trying other stuff til I find my best powder. I use Revlon Colourstay Liquid and I love it but want to find a great powder/creme (I don't mind).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Boricua333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was tempted to buy this foundation because it seemed like smooth yet durable with it's claims of "applying like a cream and drying like a powder." I liked my studio fix fluid but I wanted something more durable with more coverage. One of the sales people at MAC recommended that I change to an NW20 since the color selection is different and it would've been way too light in my usual NC15. Well, guess what happened? I HATED it. The color of the foundation matched the redness of my face perfectly. It was so thick it was gross, but the strangest thing was that it didn't cover anything no matter how or how much I applied. Instead, it would emphasize every zit, pimple, pore imaginable. I was a fifteen year old girl when I tried this and whenever I put this is on I looked like a cakey fifty year old woman. It gave me wrinkles I didn't even know I had! I don't know if I was just applying it wrong, I tried doing it with a brush similar to the one recommended for Studio Tech and with some others. I'm usually not one to return things because I love to experiment, but once I put this on, I knew there was never going to be an application that would make me like this foundation. I returned it to the MAC store and got a refund (they have a great return policy and even offered to find me a different foundation). I gave this 3 lippies because my friend applies it and it looks great on her and because of the packaging. However, this is probably one of the worst foundations I've ever put on. If you really want a MAC foundation stick with the studio fix fluid. Don't bother wasting your time on the studio sculpt or the studio tech. If you want drugstore and you're oily like me I recommend: Revlon Colorstay. If you want a department store brand and you're oily I recommend going for: ELDW and I've also heard great things Shiseido sun protection foundation though I would have to try that one out myself to really be able to recommend it. I really hate leaving bad reviews but I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the first MAC foundation I had bought. I don't normally use much makeup, only on special occassions and evenings out. And I wanted somthing that would give me a very natural, matte, no makeup look. I'm so glad I bought this one. It super smooth while applying, blends easily, gives a matte but not dry flaky look and the coverage is buildable too. My acne scars get covered really well with this as do most of my sun spots. I don't need to use a concealer at all! I was matched as NC42 and its spot on. Every time I wear it, my skin looks naturally flawless. Oh this foundation is great for photographs too. Only one grouse is that after a couple of hours, it settles in the fine lines under my eyes and makes them more noticable. Maybe I should try a primer and a concealer there instead of studio tech? But studio tech is definitely one of my fave foundations and I will surely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by arkindt

ive been using this foundation for awhile. i am acne-prone n it doesnt break me out at all. its full coverage but it still doesnt completely cover my acne/reddness. it does a pretty good job, though. the powder causes it to have a matte finish which i love! the staying power is better than alot of foundations ive tried but it doesnt always stay put. especially on my nose for some reason. i use nc20 which is a little dark for me but i like how it looks and im afraid nc15 would make me look too pale. im going to try studio fix fluid since it is supposed to also have a matte finish and good staying power. plus i love that it has spf. we'll see if i stick to that one or come back to studio tech like i so often do. oh but as a con, i go through one of these monthly n thats pricey for me. also, it dries up pretty easily and become difficult to blend n apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by KUALA

The colour match is fantastic, easy application for light or full coverage. I actually like the way it smells too. But, and its a big but, IT BREAKS ME OUT!! It makes my face itch and then causes cystic acne on my chin.
Its a shame, if it doesn't break you out then your lucky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love Studio tech. It's my favorite foundation. Great coverage. I'm NW45.
I haven't bought it in a while because on a budget and it's easy to use up pretty quickly. Also trying to use up all the other foundations I have.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am about an NC37 but then again, the colour isn't a perfect match. I first bought it when a Christian Dior compact foundation (can't remember the name but it was hands down THE best foundation I have ever used) was discontinued, thinking the mac product would be a good dupe. Boy was I wrong. The mac product was good to begin with, but as soon as it started to dry (which happened quite quickly), it became difficult to apply. But the reason I really disliked it was that it made my skin break out horrendously. So for short term applications, it did the job. For long term use, it was certainly not compatible with my skin type.

A few years ago I repurchased this product. I wanted to figure out if the dislike that I had gathered for the product over a decade ago was just my imagination or not. Again, the second time around, the foundation disappointed me for the same reasons. Made my skin look horrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Jellyfeather

I bought this foundation in the shade NC 15 and have found that it's too dark and a bit orange for my skin tone which is the problem I always have with MAC foundations. Their lightest shade is never light enough for me in their liquid and creme foundations. Now with that said, I still think this product is pretty good. I found it provides a light to medium buildable coverage and would probably look good if they had my shade. The only problem I have with this product is the fact that you have to pull at the skin to apply it. I try to avoid doing that at all times especially around the eye area.

Anyway, I personally would never buy this product again for two reasons: they didn't have a shade suitable for my skin tone and I don't like pulling at my skin when applying anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by mzmaheen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay
so this foundation is PERFECT for a REALLLLLLLLY full coverage seeking gals, but this is too heavy for me. It makes you look almost Plastic

Pros
- Full Coverage
- Long Lasting (without powder or primer)
- Smooth Formula

Cons
- I wasn't matched to the right color
- Oxidizes a bit (orangey)
- Made me break out (nothing breaks me out)

MAC counter people SUCK at matching sometimes, so please ask more then one person.

* Use a wet beauty blender*
* Wet Brushes*
* Primer for best results*