MAC Fleshpot

3.8

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Not the nude for an nc35 olive/beige. you think that if Myth worked lovely for you, this would work as well...well it doesnt. made me look kind of dead, i was actually very suprise, because (not to sound vain) but i always thought my skintone could pull off any lip and blush color...

i'll mix it with another lippie to see if i get something more flattering, i suppose.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this wanting to try out the nude lip, but the pinkish undertones in this kind of washed me out, and this didn't have the staying power my other MAC lipsticks do, maybe because of it's creamy texture and I'm more used to the matte formula.

Fleshpot is my HG nude lipstick! Everytime I go to the MAC store, I'm always drawn to Myth, but it turned out to be a tad too orangey for me. Fleshpot has a bit of pink in it, so it doesn't wash me out or make me look like a corpse. It's also a Satin, which I love. Will keep repurchasing!

I'm Asian NC35 for reference.

HG for sure! I absolutely LOVE this lipstick. I was never really a lipstick girl, more like lipgloss. Then i discovered Fleshpot!!! It smells amazing, it is so soft and moisturizing, i seriously am in love with this lipstick! I couldnt ever be without it now! I wear it with concealer, Subculture LipLiner, then top it with C-Thru Lipglass. the PERFECT nude lip!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this along with bonus beat. i really wanted this lippie to work on my nc42 skin, but i couldnt. washes me out and dries my lips really bad.

I love this lipstick and I'm happy I purchased it (although I paid too much for it). Although I can wear it on its own (lightly, and usually enhanced with gloss) it is also terrific as a base layer for making the true tones of a gloss stand out. You cannot bear down in applying it, or it will definitely look like concealer -- it's all in the application. With the correct application, its retro Brigitte Bardot. I think it probably looks best on fair skin and lighter toned hair. I tried on Myth first, and wasn't so sure about the peachy tones in that one, although they are similar. I prefer the pinker tones of Fleshpot. I have the Pro version (not Heatherette).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

All this really is is a concealer. If you can wear this lippie, power to you! I'm an NW15 and looked ridiculous with this on. I tried it tons of ways before I swapped it. It shows every crack/crinkle/peel etc. in your lips and applying balm,gloss,liner etc. doesn't make it look any better. It just isn't a very wearable lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is *almost* my HG nude. My lips are fairly pigmented and my skin is pale, so I have a nearly impossible time finding lipsticks that are both opaque enough and light enough to wear as a nude on me. This one is opaque, and light, but unless I blot it to tone it down some, it's just a bit too much of that concealer-lips look. I've realized that a super, super pale lip can look as dramatic as a really dark lip, not necessarily a good thing if you're looking for daytime friendly. I do like the mod, colorless lips look sometimes, and this is a good color for my skintone when I do want that look, so I would repurchase. I also think this would be great to tone down my lip color under other lipsticks, though I haven't tried it yet. But in general, it's still not exactly the nude I wanted.

melandie (below) sums it up perfectly:
IF you have the time for the 4 step process, this colour can give you a very sexy "Bridgette Bardot the morning after" look (with the help of creme d' le nude and gloss). A unique light beige matte colour.
It's a FABULOUS colour but boy does it take some work!
PS I have the original packaging (not the heatherette limited edition)

I waited a while before I reviewed this lipstick because I really wanted to love it. The name is sexy, the packaging (I have Heatherette) is stunning and the color in the tube is very sassy. However, I just can't get this to look right on my lips. It's too light. It is quite opaque and for me requires a bit too much work to get it to look right. I can imagine on a blonde this color would look really hot with some gloss. I'm red headed and have more of a 'sophisticated' look and this is a bit too light for my look. Would probably be fun for a summer look or going out. If you wanted to play up your eyes, this could really be a great lipstick to pair with it. I'm not saying it's a bad color, but for me, it's too light and looks like concealer on my lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin