Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 4/19/2009 12:12:00 PM

I purchased the compact in fair. It applies sheer and does a great job setting my foundation without adding too much colour. The powder isn't the best in terms of being finely milled, but not the worst. I particularly didn't care for the smell, it has that typical noxema/cover girl smell, and the powder puff provided I found useless. For the price it does a decent job.

on 4/18/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

this is one of the few things i've ever needed to repurchase - i used the whole compact up! its really great for touch ups and it settles into my skin really nicely. the only bad thing is that it can sometimes make my skin look dry but that can be solved pretty easily. and it matches my super pale skin perfectly! the only problem i had with it was that it broke when i dropped it on a hard floor, but thats probably more my fault anyway.

on 4/5/2009 9:22:00 PM

Love this powder! Never cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines.

on 3/18/2009 12:53:00 AM

I really want to like this product but failed... It does not work for me at all...
I only tried once and will never touch it again. the powder does not blend into my skin, & it gives me a strange look--as if I just cleaned a bakery store, floury & dirty. I never have this trouble before...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a pretty good powder. I like the compact. I bought this in a shade darker than my normal foundation because I heard it can wash you out easily. Great for setting over my liquid foundation (TRUblend), I would just reccomend not putting any around your nose area if you have dry skin or need to blow your nose frequently because it gets very irritated. Makes my skin quite smooth and I am overall very pleased.

on 1/22/2009 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using this for over 2 years, and it's a great powder for me. My skin is acne-prone, and this does not cause breakouts. Best powder I've found that comes close to HG-status.

on 1/16/2009 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Probably my favorite of all the CG pressed powders. I didn't realize when I bought it that it was designed to be worn over foundation, so I was really disappointed when it gave me NO coverage. Also, be sure to get the right shade, too light will def. make you look washed out.

on 10/29/2008 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first powder I've ever purchased. I wanted something to set concealer, or control just a little bit of shine, so I didn't want to go with a heavy colored powder. This translucent powder seemed like just the thing.

The first time I put it on it didn't look good at all. It made my face look dry and flaky even though I had just moisturized, and I could see the powder against my skin. I was not impressed. But then I tried it again and instead of wiping it all over my face like I did before, I carefully pat the powder on, and voila - huge difference. It was even better after the powder had a few moments to "settle in" - after that, my face just looked smooth, soft, and glowing, and perfectly natural. I wear it all the time now, and even from up close, the powder is not noticeable. I love feeling my cheeks afterward because the powder gives them the smoothest softest texture. It feels light and stays on pretty well.

The smell is not the nicest, but I can overlook that considering how cheap this stuff is and how long a compact lasts. I would definitely repurchase this powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this powder. I use it to set my foundation. It's smooth, and does the job without getting cakey. The color blends well, doesn't make me look ghostly. Lasts all day, looks natural.
I'm not a fan of Covergirl. But I always come back to this powder. I've a tried products that cost more, but nothing works better for me.
I like the clean smell, and the compact.

I love this product! :)

on 9/19/2008 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this powder. Seriously, I always stray and then I come back and swear I'll never use anything else. I was using dior, chanel, stilla, etc...this is the ONLY one that not only doesn't change my skin color, but doesn't make me break out. Also, I have large pores and some how this just makes them disappear. I find because my skin is so oily and because I use a sunscreen, that I need to reapply almost every hour. No problem for me really, as long as it keeps my makeup from sliding off. Which it does. My other powders looked like crap if I kept reapplying. Also, I like that it's translucent, and cheap. No frills.
But really, it doesn't clog my pores, that's all that matters. I've tried the other CG powders, and I find this one is the best for me.