Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.7

on 6/6/2009 6:17:00 PM

This is my new favorite "everyday" fragrance. I tried this on once at Sephora and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist all day! Amazing Grace is the perfect combination of sweetness and clean freshness (like soap) with a touch of musk? And I normally hate musk, but here it just makes it a bit more grown-up and less sugary. It's almost hard to even call it a "perfume," it's so natural-seeming.
I've gotten several compliments from strangers (mostly men!) saying I smell wonderful, so that's a success. My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long compared to other perfumes.

on 5/18/2009 11:13:00 AM

I didn't think this lived up to my expectations after reading all the rave reviews on it. I liked it but not as good as I thought.

on 4/26/2009 11:47:00 PM

Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum is my signature scent. It is a very soft pretty perfume.
I get comments from both men and women "You smell so nice"
I love to wear this fragrance everyday.

on 4/24/2009 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Amazing Grace EDP is light, floral, and clean. Nice for the young
ladies as a first fragrance. Unfortunately the drydown was very
mediocre and not worth the expense.

on 3/4/2009 4:08:00 PM

I fell in love with this after swapping for the Amazing Grace hair conditioner. I loved the way my hair smelled after using, and I finally took the plunge and bought the fragrance. It is soft, feminine and clean smelling without being too powdery. It also has fantastic staying power - more so than any fragrance I have ever come across before. I love the simplicity of the bottle, although the price is a little high for my liking. I will certainly continue to buy this in the future.

on 2/28/2009 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The first few times I smelled this it was definitely not something that I could see myself liking. I normally go for lush white florals, and while this does have a floral element in it I feel like it is overwhelmingly more of a clean "soapy" scent. In order to give it a fair chance I bought the purse spray just to see. I ended up falling in love with it. I love it because I can wear it to work and it doesn't seem to bother anyone. The staying power is great on me as well. Also, I find it to be very soothing- if I am ever sick or have a headache this stuff always seems to make me feel better- I don't know why but I am not going to argue!

on 2/10/2009 1:43:00 AM

The more I wear this the more I love it. It has a very light and dreamy quality about it. On me it's just a very light feminine soft floral and a very youthful scent. It doesn't smell like any fragrance I have ever tried before and think that's a GOOD thing as it's just quietly unique and smells so heavenly. May not be strong enough for some but it's perfect for me. The eau de parfum has more lasting power than the spray fragrance. Just love this!

on 1/29/2009 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Sadly, I have to agree with Bubblysteph below; this is just not the scent for me. The top note was, "oh, wow, I love this!" But after just a moment, it went all powdery-musk on me and I ran screaming for some suds to wash it off. It was one of those evil fragrances, however, that continue to haunt long past all reason. As I walked the mall, I was actually embarassed by the lingering scent of a badly managed nursing home. Don't want to be politically incorrect here with the imagery, but honestly, y'all, it was awful. Please note that I completely recognize that not all perfumes coordinate with every individual body chemistry; this was one that went south immediately for me. Ick.

on 1/8/2009 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells the same as the spray fragrance version though still not quite same as my lotion. Anyway, this EDP still provides a clean, comfortable and feminine floral scent. I love the scent but still, the staying power is not as good as my other perfumes in EDP. This becomes undetectable after 4 hours on me unless I layer this with my lotion... Honestly, the lotion scent stays on much longer than this EDP on me but well... I don't need the lotion on my neck! I guess I will still repurchase but I will prepare a small atomizer to touch-up in the mid-day.

This is my favorite perfume ever! Clean, softly floral, with a hint of muskiness underneath. I'm not a perfume lover because most are either too strong, too foody, too musky or just artificial. This smells clean and natural and I've been told on more than one occasion, "You smell so good" "It's so clean" and I feel pretty wearing it...isn't that what perfume is all about?
I have the AG firming body emulsion to layer which is also lovely. The EDP lasts longer (6 hours on me) than the spray fragrance (2 or 3 hours). I do spray a bit on my hair and that seems to last, too, and I've just preordered the parfum, which is only available on QVC until "09. Hope to use less with the new version. Love it!! EDIT: I tried the pure parfum, but it was too "musty, smoky" according to my daughter...I think she meant musky, but it definitely wasn't the same on me as the EDP. I'm trying the suds and light version next, 'cuz I heard it's spot on and lasts all day...Will update later!

Popular Fragrances