July 29, 2014 | 1824 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 4
Packaging: 2
Would I buy it again? No.

I bought this cleanser for my acne prone skin after seeing a lot of good reviews for it. I don't have major acne just a lot of small white heads and black heads particularly on my forehead and cheeks. Before getting my period I do break out more but hardly ever cystic acne. My main concern was to get rid of all my clogged pores, very oily skin (can probably cook a whole meal with it!), blackheads (bazillions on my nose), small whiteheads, and redness.

I used the Enzyme Cleansing gel for approximately 2 months and at the start my skin was SLIGHTLY getting better and then for some reason it stopped working and does not work any more like it used to. I mean when I first used it I didn't see any miracle improvements just very slight changes such as less redness, smaller whiteheads, less blackheads. So basically I always still had acne. I am on the lookout for something that gets rid of all my facial problems. Obviously I will not be buying this again. But if it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Unfortunately for me though all the try's I had were sadly disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by danigarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this product! Never had any acne up until about a year ago. So I've been struggling to find products to help get my skin back to what it used to be. I have tried many products drugstore to high end and after only trying Mario's products for less than a week I could already see a HUGE difference in my skin (more than any of the more pricey products have helped with me using them for months) overall I'm very happy with this cleanser it gets the job done and removes makeup fairly well too but I would recommend makeup wipes for any eye makeup. This cleanser leaves your face feeling refreshed and smooth.. so clean! I also use some of the acne products but feel the acne cleanser from this line would be too harsh and drying to use along with them. I recommend this product as well as the drying lotion, buffering lotion, and any of his moisturizers! You WILL see results! So happy I came across these! Def my new HG skin care line!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser stays in the closet most of the time. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's big into removing makeup. However, when I have a time I'm breaking out, I I go to this. It just seems to clear out congestion, and make breakouts behave. I actually LOVE the scent of this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ginabina

I am very happy with this cleanser! I have combination-dry skin that changes with the seasons. I had been using a basic drugstore cleanser when noticed i was running out. I stopped at ulta and decided togive this a try. I dont mind the smell and my skin feels noticeably smoother even after the first use. Ive started to leave it on for a minute or so to get the maximum effect from the enzymes. In my opinion its pretty gentle and recommend it for combo skin. Use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER.
Unfortunately, it was too drying for me in the winter, therefore I overdried my skin and it led to break outs which I am still recovering from right now. However, I used this in the summer and it has been wonderful and it healed all my acne and lighten my acne scars.
I used just a tiny bit with my Clarisonic. Brilliant product.
I purchased this for about $18 if i'm not wrong, on Gilt.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually don't spend much money on cleansers. This is rather inexpensive, (it is only a couple more dollars than drug store brands) and is a very gentle yet effective cleaner.
I feel, because it is a gel cleanser, it doesn't leave my skin taunt after using it and my skin feel nice and soft, clean and refreshed after using it.
I am not sure how good it is at removing make up as I always remove my make up with a cleansing oil before hand.
Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by emmaallan

Such a great cleanser. Takes off the days make up so easily and doesnt dry out my combination skin. This non lathering cleansing gel always gives my skin such a good clean and never leaves my skin feeling tight. My skin is so soft after using this gel and its great value too a bottle lasts me about 5 months and i use the product twice everyday. Product has really good packaging the nozzle to dispense is genius! Gives you such control on how much product you need. The gel doesnt irritate my eyes and leaves my skin clean and glowing. Would highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and thought this cleanser would be great for that. I was wrong. It clogged my pores, smells bad, and my skin got worse the more I used it. I am returning this ASAP if Ulta lets me. Also, my skin never felt clean after I washed it. This stuff literally did nothing except clog my pores.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by CabooseHatesBabies

I received a sample of this wonderful product in the mail soon after filling out the questionnaire and I'm thrilled! Being a teenager has caused many people, including my doctor, to dismiss my skin problems as "normal" and I've never been able to get great advice about certain products or brands. That's why I love, love, love the questionnaire and the personalized results. It saves me a lot of time and money trying to figure out what products are right for me; I already know because they tell me!

The Enzyme Cleansing Gel has a very subtle scent and I love it. When I buy products for my face, I don't care how pretty the colors are or how many fragrances they come in - I want the products to work and this one does. It's very smooth and creamy and I like that it doesn't foam; it's wonderful that there are no harsh chemicals and that is why this product works so well. You only need a small amount, which makes the somewhat high price of this product worthwhile. I used this product with Special Cucumber Lotion and Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15. I purchased an 8oz bottle and I'm very excited to continue using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Because of my acne I have tried a lot of products with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it. Turns out those chemicals are too harsh for my skin and only make it worse. I tried the enzyme cleansing gel as a last resort and now I wish I tried it sooner. It didn't clear up my skin on its own, but it didn't irritate my acne or make it worse. It doesn't feel like a face wash, as it doesn't foam or soap up. While you may not feel a big difference after washing, you will definitely notice a difference in your skin after repeated use. Its extremely gentle on the face which is why I highly recommend it for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Definitely use wipes to remove makeup first and then cleanse with the gel. I recommend to follow it with the Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion (toner). I have had my bottle since March and am just now running out. So while it is a bit pricey, the 8oz bottle has lasted me 6 months! You only need a little bit of the product, a little goes a long way. Your face will feel smoth and oil-free. Give it a try!