October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a cleanser I find myself returning to pretty often. It doesn't remove makeup, but its a great basic cleanser to use after using a makeup remover. I like this product because it doesn't strip the skin. Like many people with oily skin, drying cleansers can aggravate my skin problems. It helps keep the skin balanced and cleanses well. It has a strange texture thats kind of slimy, but the smell is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the most part, my skin is pretty healthy and glowy. Breakouts are rare and typically during that time of the month, and aside from a little oiliness on my forehead, I think I'm pretty blessed. Not perfect, but I'm proud of my skin.

After removing my makeup at the end of the day, however, I can't just wash my face with water, moisturize, and go to bed. I need a mild cleanser just to avoid those breakouts, something that does the job, but gently, and this is what I go for. It's the best cleanser I've used so far. I don't use it religiously. I usually don't use it more than once a day, and probably not every day, but I'm pleased with the results. It's good for the skin, sensitive, pleasant scent, and tons of product - a dime-sized drop of the stuff is typically more than enough for me. You can get little bottles at Ulta if you don't want a huge one. I see them in the sample racks often.

edit: OH HELLO AHA BURN ON MY FACE. Ugh, seriously? This product was perfect at first, but now I'm scared to use it. Even though I used only the tiniest amount and rinsed it off throughly, it burned my skin. I wear SPF 55 sunscreen every day. Minor amounts of AHA aren't terrible for your skin, but since Papaya and Grapefruit extract are the third and fourth ingredients (both are AHAs) I'm pretty sure this has way too much for my skin to handle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Before purchasing this product I would recommend that you smell it first. I can't stand the over bearing scent. Overall I think it works well, and I like the gel consistency, but the overly floral fragrance almost makes me sick to my stomach. I am trying to get used to it, but I doubt I will get through the whole bottle before purchasing something else that isn't so stinky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jamboreeo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is gentle and can be used daily. I don't believe it irritates my skin much but I do alternate with other cleansers depending on the current weather. I have been using this cleaner for years and it works and removes dirt yet is gentle on my sensitive combination skin. It is a gel and spreads on easily and does not foam. It smells great as well like fresh cucumber.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by ameskin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works great on my sensitive, freckled skin.
Lasts a long time and smells great. Works wonders for my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination-dry skin with flaky/dry patches (poor cell turnover rate) and moderately severe bouts of hormonal acne. This cleanser has swiftly become an integral part in my routine, revealing smoother, clearer skin in days without being overly harsh. Love it!

Nope, this cleanser does NOT foam or lather. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 4
Packaging: 2
Would I buy it again? No.

I bought this cleanser for my acne prone skin after seeing a lot of good reviews for it. I don't have major acne just a lot of small white heads and black heads particularly on my forehead and cheeks. Before getting my period I do break out more but hardly ever cystic acne. My main concern was to get rid of all my clogged pores, very oily skin (can probably cook a whole meal with it!), blackheads (bazillions on my nose), small whiteheads, and redness.

I used the Enzyme Cleansing gel for approximately 2 months and at the start my skin was SLIGHTLY getting better and then for some reason it stopped working and does not work any more like it used to. I mean when I first used it I didn't see any miracle improvements just very slight changes such as less redness, smaller whiteheads, less blackheads. So basically I always still had acne. I am on the lookout for something that gets rid of all my facial problems. Obviously I will not be buying this again. But if it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. I guess it doesn't hurt to try. Unfortunately for me though all the try's I had were sadly disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by danigarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this product! Never had any acne up until about a year ago. So I've been struggling to find products to help get my skin back to what it used to be. I have tried many products drugstore to high end and after only trying Mario's products for less than a week I could already see a HUGE difference in my skin (more than any of the more pricey products have helped with me using them for months) overall I'm very happy with this cleanser it gets the job done and removes makeup fairly well too but I would recommend makeup wipes for any eye makeup. This cleanser leaves your face feeling refreshed and smooth.. so clean! I also use some of the acne products but feel the acne cleanser from this line would be too harsh and drying to use along with them. I recommend this product as well as the drying lotion, buffering lotion, and any of his moisturizers! You WILL see results! So happy I came across these! Def my new HG skin care line!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by EstheticianJen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser stays in the closet most of the time. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's big into removing makeup. However, when I have a time I'm breaking out, I I go to this. It just seems to clear out congestion, and make breakouts behave. I actually LOVE the scent of this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ginabina

I am very happy with this cleanser! I have combination-dry skin that changes with the seasons. I had been using a basic drugstore cleanser when noticed i was running out. I stopped at ulta and decided togive this a try. I dont mind the smell and my skin feels noticeably smoother even after the first use. Ive started to leave it on for a minute or so to get the maximum effect from the enzymes. In my opinion its pretty gentle and recommend it for combo skin. Use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand!