April 19, 2014 | 1611 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty, lightly tinted shine as many have commented. This does not work well as a lip balm. It lasted less than 20 minutes, soaked right in and did not improve the condition of my lips at all. Still just as dry and flaky. If I were to apply it constantly, then it might work. There sure is enough of it in the tin to be able to! Another thing is, this stuff melts really easily and the tin is a pain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ellenicole16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great lip balm. It makes my lips really glossy with a very sheer tint. The smell kind of reminds me of a York Peppermint Patty; not amazing but not horrible either. I love lip products with peppermint because they tingle my lips and feel really refreshing. This is also very moisturizing and fairly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this at Anthropologie. It's GREAT! I have been looking for a new good lipbalm and this fits the bill. It's basically like the original Rosebud Salve, but with peppermint oil. The peppermint makes your lips all tingly when you put it on. It's great! But the peppermint also helps to tint your lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by hllm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic lip balm. I use this every night before I go to bed and find that it helps to moisturize my lips. The smell is great too, rosey and minty, gives your lips a nice tingle. If you like minty lip balms, give this one a try, you may be surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it a few months ago and still have tons of products left! Initially i hated the scent, its like your grandmother's cupboard scent? But i got over it thou, love the tingly sensation.
It has alot product, and i think it'd last for ages.
Overall, i love this product regardless of the scent, but i wna try the strawberry one next!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Cnieto79

I bought this at the Sephora counter when I was checking out (those sneaky people lay out a bunch of cute products for you to spend more money at their store) and I am so glad I did! I have long since suffered from very chapped lips, to the point that they'll bleed if I laugh or smile. I picked this up because the tin it comes in caught my eye (very cute) and then I read that it was minted rose . The rose part freaked me out since i'm not a big fan of the scent but I love mint glosses. The first time I put it on, I was surprised by how so little can cover so much. I immediately felt the moisture smoothing out my lips. It also leaves them feeling tingly. The tin smells like roses but you can't taste it, which I like and it is not over powering. I have to agree that it does kind of remind me of petrolium jelly but this blam has a very subtle taste mixed in with mint and it leaves my lips glossy with a pink/red tint. I love this product, never leave home with out it. Maybe when this one runs out i'll try a different flavor but I love the minty feel!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Softens well and leaves a natural flush and tingle on the lips. However, it feels inedible and slightly heavy on the lips. Although it's a decent multipurpose product, I don't feel I'll be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite Rosebud salve. I like the slight mintiness and the tingle it leaves on your lips. It keeps my lips soft in this arrid climate that I am at. Also love that it makes my lips look glossy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought several scents at the same time from Ebay. This one, the mocha rose, the strawberry, and the brambelberry. I think the minted rose is my favorite for my lips, the brambelberry one is my favorite scent because it's so unique and as I use it as a perfume, I really like the mocha rose, and I just find the strawberry average.

The tingle this gives is nice although I still prefer my Burt's Bee's, which I find more moisturizing and more tingly. I do think though that BB has recently reformatted their formula and find it more waxy and less tingle, so my opinion has been changing as BB being my HG.

I do keep this on my desk at work and grab it a few times a day. The scent is refreshing. The zing of mint with just an undertone of rose. I would probably buy this again if I ever ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by thebarngoddess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing, best feeling balm - and majorly moisturizing. Minus one for the cost, but I am obsessed with this!!