September 3, 2014 | 1051 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite lip balm ever in the entire world! I love the tingle, how it's very smooth and slick, it has a very subtle glossiness that makes my lips look oh so plump, and it's absolutely wonderful. The product does tend to shift as it was sitting in my pocket and when I opened it it all shifted to one side. It does last a while as you don't need to much. I LOVE THIS STUFF! I highly recommend this. It's also a great base for lip glosses and lipsticks because I like mine to be a bit sheer and to glide on and this helps them glide on and give a nice, plump look. It keeps them moisturized with even lipsticks that dry my lips. GET IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hudrat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a blistex girl but I had heard so many great things about this product that I picked it up while in Sephora in April. I love it! It has the hint of mint that I was used to getting with the blistex without the medicated smell. It leaves my lips feeling hydrated and soft. I love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite product from Smith's. I didn't really like the original Rosebud Salve because it had no color, and I really only use this on my lips.

This gives my lips a light, glossy red wash. It isn't extremely noticeable, so it's good for a light makeup day, and can be applied easily without a mirror with no worries. I like to put this on top of Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry in order to make my mouth look even more red, but not like I have lipstick on.

The scent I'm not too crazy about. Sometimes I like it, but most of the time it makes me nauseous. The mint and the rose are a very heavy combination. (My one friend thinks that this smells like ass.) However, the scent fades after a while of being on lips. This is also not very moisturizing.

I must also add that I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

I also noticed that they changed packaging a while back--not by design, but how it opens. I have the old version, where both sides must be squeezed/squished and the top turned side to side until it comes off. In this packaging, the balm is thinner and more liquid-like. In the new packaging, the lid just lifts right off easily, and the balm is definitely thicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by MissBaseball

I have 2 of these - 1 for me and one for my 11 year old step-daughter. We both really like it. The consistency is a bit thin, so I have to reapply more often than I do with a thicker balm but I just don't mind. It does a great job keeping my lips moisturized, it has a nice amount of shine without being sticky, has a great scent, and is very lightly tinted. Be careful, though - this stuff melts easily. As for my 11 year old, she absolutely loves it! Great for tweens, as it makes her feel like she is wearing makeup but is barely tinted and not sticky or drying like most girls' lip products.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by ericaspinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This balm is very thin in consistency, imparts a lovely, bright reddish tint and smells like candy canes. However, it's mediocre as a lip treatment. It moisturizes better than the original Rosebud salve and is effective on slightly dry lips but I found that the Strawberry version performs much better. I love how it looks on my lips but due to the slippery texture, the lasting power is next to none. Personally, I don't mind the jar form; I use this at home and rub the remainder left on my fingers into my cuticles.

Here's how it compares to the other Smith's salves that I've tried:

Tint: Minted Rose>Original Rose>Strawberry
Consistency (from heavy to thin): Strawberry>Original Rose>Minted Rose
Moisturizing ability: Strawberry>>>Minted Rose>>>>>Original Rose

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty, lightly tinted shine as many have commented. This does not work well as a lip balm. It lasted less than 20 minutes, soaked right in and did not improve the condition of my lips at all. Still just as dry and flaky. If I were to apply it constantly, then it might work. There sure is enough of it in the tin to be able to! Another thing is, this stuff melts really easily and the tin is a pain to open.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ellenicole16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great lip balm. It makes my lips really glossy with a very sheer tint. The smell kind of reminds me of a York Peppermint Patty; not amazing but not horrible either. I love lip products with peppermint because they tingle my lips and feel really refreshing. This is also very moisturizing and fairly long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Fuuka1209

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this at Anthropologie. It's GREAT! I have been looking for a new good lipbalm and this fits the bill. It's basically like the original Rosebud Salve, but with peppermint oil. The peppermint makes your lips all tingly when you put it on. It's great! But the peppermint also helps to tint your lips as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by hllm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic lip balm. I use this every night before I go to bed and find that it helps to moisturize my lips. The smell is great too, rosey and minty, gives your lips a nice tingle. If you like minty lip balms, give this one a try, you may be surprised!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by happy011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it a few months ago and still have tons of products left! Initially i hated the scent, its like your grandmother's cupboard scent? But i got over it thou, love the tingly sensation.
It has alot product, and i think it'd last for ages.
Overall, i love this product regardless of the scent, but i wna try the strawberry one next!