La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

i'm in love with it. This is a great foundation for oily skin that needs coverage. excellent oil control, beautiful smooth finish, buildable coverage, easy to blend, like a dream comes true. it is expensive, but well worth the price.

But the shades are too limited, too pinkish for my light to medium yellow skin tone. Moreover, it does flatten the complexion due to the matte finish. Make sure to use blush or contouring color as well.

~~~~~

Update: I have been using it for 2 months, and still in love with it. It does not break me out or anything. Great for touch-ups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: Now my new HG is the compact foundation from Chantecaille. Over the past 6 months my skin has got a lot better, most of acne scars have faded and my face itself is glowy without any makeup( thanks to Affirm!) . Now this cellular powder foundation has become a bit too heavy for me, while Chantecaille's compact provides a sheer coverage that looks totally natural yet polished. I still like La Prairie's compact, especially for special events or for a bad skin day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: It has been two years, i still have this in my closet and go to it from time to time when I am in those horrible skin days. I love to pair it with the Becca shimmering skin perfection, which is a beautiful natural looking highlighter. When combined they give me a polished, smooth and glowy finish despite the huge pores, breakouts, scars that I have underneath.

Nice texture. Kind of waterproof. OK for oil-control.
It's not heavy, but coverage is strong. Unfortunately, the color I got doesn't match my skin tone that well. So it looks kind of fake.
The sponge that comes with the compact is weird. And the compact is too huge, with a crooked miror. Got mine from Neiman Marcus.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

OMG..can you say HG??!! This stuff is HEAVEN! And I join the ranks of those who have tried a million powders, liquids, minerals....you name it. I love barefaced minerals but this stuff...good gracious! First, let me say very sadly, that this foundation is not geared towards African American women...I guess there aren't many women of color in Switzerland. Also, this took some doing to get. The Nordstrom stores in my area don't carry it. It was shipped to me from California (I'm in DC).. All that said, I am African American and luckily for me, I'm extremely fair skinned. I can..BARELY wear the darkest color. But THANK GOD I can because this stuff is flawless. And more than that it keeps my OFF THE CHARTS oil at bay ALL DAY. This stuff is wicked expensive but I'm not sorry I invested. The next time I get my hands on $75 I'll be buying it again. It's THAT GOOD. And the compact is FABULOUS. SO ELEGANT..and rightfully so: If you're going to pay that much for makeup, doggone it, it should look like you paid that much! I'm totally in love! Thanks for the other reviews! I would never have heard of this foundation had it not been for this site!
UPDATE: Well, this is more of a tip than an update. The second day I used it, it wasn't as smooth. And I had to do a few things to it since it was a tad too light. But here it is: I put the powder on first and put a (darker) liquid foundation over it. It's sort of the equivalent of putting it on wet but for me it made the color perfect. I've NEVER looked so perfect! The HG statement stands!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow.. this is so great. that's all i gotta say. everything about the powder has been said below but this is the 'best' powder foundation i've used in my life of wearing makeup. i got the ivoire and in the new package(rentangular) it's so luxurious looking outside with big mirror and makes me feel luxurious when i put the powder on my face. it's so velvety smooth and soft. i thought GA was good but this is wow!!!

i got it (the old version - round compact) on strawberrynet.com and with my loyalty discount + local customer discount, it was a pretty good deal :)

after reading so much rave reviews here my i expected so much from this powder. i expected it to be my holy grail, even before i saw the powder in flesh. and it didn't let me down. i've tried almost every powder out there and this is one of the BEST i've ever tried. it goes on like my second skin. and this is great for acne-prone skin. the powder is SO finely milled it's such a delight to use. it gives you that picture perfect look that one can only dream of having. now i look forward to putting on my makeup every morning :)

I have it in Ivoire, the lightest shade in the line i think? it's a pretty neutral color without a lot of pink or yellow in it. not that i could detect anyway. all in all, this powder is right up there with my other favorite Cle de Peau :D

This is hands down the best pressed powder I have ever tried and I've tried a lot. I found this 4 years ago, don't know what took me so long to review it. I just applied it over my nose and I got the urge to review it and here I am. I never would have found this if it wasn't for the reviews here. I wear it mainly in the summer because I am normal to dry skinned. I have tried so many others and always come back to this one which patiently sits in my drawer smirking, knowing full well that I will be back after trying the latest thing raved about here. What I do is, I apply my heavy sun screen and my caron loose foundation powder to start. Then, as the day wears on, this powder comes into play. I apply it with a retractable brush I keep in my bag. One application is enough, it lasts the rest of the day, even on my nose! It's not at all drying and I normally prefer a dewier more luminous look but this powder has a really lovely, velvety look that just melts right into my skin. I am an NW15 and the lightest shade Ivoire is perfect. It is easy to over do it with this stuff for me personally. I only need a very light dusting but it covers remarkably for a powder. I sometimes have to buff in into my pores about my nose a bit but you cannot tell it's there once it's buffed into my pores. You cannot see any of my broken capillaries around my nose or even a few age/sun spots on my face. I use it in the winter when I am extra made up for special occasions and I need to dust over my nose. This is the powder I use to feel complete just at my nose area, the rest of my skin is dry-ish and doesn't need any powder. Hear me now LaPrairie, if this powder is discontinued there will be a shreik heard 'round the world and I will be buying about 10 compacts to keep me in this powder till I die.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my #1 powder. I've used so-so many powders over the YEARS since I knew what make-up was; my search was never ending till I came across this LP Found Powd about (5) months ago but I have the 1st generation which is "round" NOT rectangle. Till date, I think this prod is absolutely flawless...from the look of the compact (elegant) to the powder finish on my face. This is the ONLY found. powder that does not upset my pimples (when i do get it). I bought "cameo", thought it was too light but it seems the longer the powder sits on my face the better it looks. The light color "cameo" tends to blend right into my skin making me look like i found the perfect color; even my sister complimented and she TOO went out and bought LP herself. It never made me feel cakey, very light-airy and doesn't make me look like an oil slick either and i have oily skin. This works with my skin not against. This is very expen$ive but when you find something that works great on your skin...why change?!!? I already bought 2nd compact just to 'stock up' :o)~
Overall fantastic product...LP PLEEEES do no't discontinue this!!!!
******************************************************************
UPDATE 5/14/09: It's been over a yr now that I've been using this LP pwdr. LUV-LUV-LUV it!!!! And wouldn't change it for anything!!!! This is the one! Sorry that this prod does not work on some gals; but for the gals that does...you know exactly what i'm talking about...! OH...if you like to touch up but afraid to use this (b/c it's super $$)...try Maybeline Dream Matte Pressed Pwdr. I found that to work nicely too. No cheap chalky look and it's very affordable ($7-$8). OK...that's all. LP is #1 still...=)
*******************************************************************************
UPDATE 6/10/10: I'm still using this. still works very good. but i might look for alternative (MAYBE)...and that's only b/c of the high price of this LP. We'll see once i'm done. this last long time!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is THE proof of how unique and individual every skin is and that s why:1 year ago my friend and I were in the market for a new powder foundation.We both have oily skin my friend is nw20 and I m nc 25-30 and we normaly most of the time(99%) wear and like the same skin care and make up product.So we both end up with the Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder.The defference was that when we went home I was crying and my friend was super happy LOL :)))))) first of all the shade (natural beige) was too dark for me.I like full coverage foundations and this was hardy medium coverage and how odd is that?this powder was too dry for my oily skin(and that never happens to me) had a dusty too much powder finish,sat on my pores and in in general I was not looking my best with this product .My friend on the other she is in love with this product is the only foundation she wears 1 year now.To tell the truth this didn t break me out(big plus for me) and my complexion was completely shine free through the day

Update: Deducted a lippie because this contributed to breakouts and the colour is way too pink.

This is the best foundation for controlling oilies so far. Beats Shiseido and Chanel hands down for coverage and oil-control. However, the shades are super limited. I'm using Ivoire and I find that it's a too light but Cameo is too pink and I haven't tried Beige Dore yet but it looks rather pinky too, so I'm not sure what I can use for summer.

Texture is really fine and smooth, due to oil that's added into the powder. I was really suspicious of the amount of oil in the ingredients (no mineral oil of course) but oddly, this foundation controls much better than oil-free formulations. It hasn't broken me out so far but I usually get some breakouts regardless of what I use.

I have the rectangular compact which I am sad to say that there is only 10g of product in it. I want to repurchase this but the lack of colour selection is looking rather unattractive for summer at the moment.

I think they modified the ingredients slightly too (I got the old ingredients from someone):

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact):
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate、Polymethyl Methacrylate、Squalane、Methicone、Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben、Propylparaben、Fragrance (Parfum)、Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.
May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Old Ingredients:
Talc、Dimethicone、Nylon-12、Zinc Stearate、Sodium Myristate、Polymethyl Methacrylate、Squalane、Methicone、Methylparaben、Sodium Dehydroacetate、Propylparaben、Vitamin E 、Ascorbyl Palmitate、Silk Powder、Kaolin、Fragrance、Sunflower Oil 、Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract、Beta-Glucan、Glycoproteins、Water、Propylene Glycol、Rosa Canina Fruit Extract、Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract、Calluna Vulgaris Extract、Panax Ginseng Root Extract、Equisetum Arvense Extract、Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract、(+/-)Titanium Dioxide、Mica、Iron Oxides、Ultramarines

I went through lots of high end powder foundations and nothing is better than this one for me yet. The coverage is perfect. It really is matt, so use something brightening under it if you care about that issue. Applied with kabuki it doesn't look as good as with the sponge included. It does control oily patches really well. I took 1 lippie off because of the outrageous price, the fact that I didn't see any improvement in my skin condition due to cellular complex in the powder (although it's pretty good by itself) and the fact that after falling down it broke apart. Too much for just 1 lippie, I know, but the powder is sooooo good. Will repurchase.