Avon Smooth Mineral Make-up

3.3

MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE SILICA CALCIUM PCA ZINC PCA SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT KAOLIN LAURYL PCA SODIUM PCA LECITHIN RETINYL PALMITATE SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE TOCOPHEROL SODIUM HYALURONATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE ATELOCOLLAGEN BETA-CAROTENE TREHALOSE POLYQUATERNIUM-51 PHENYL TRIMETHICONE UREA C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE METHYLPARABEN IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA PROPYLPARABEN MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 7/21/2009 12:14:00 PM

I think this mineral makeup is just too heavy. The point of mineral powder is that it kinda melts in to your skin for a flawless look and you can tell I have this on. I don't particularly like the packaging but it is typical for mineral powder. The lid, however, does not close well and I had a dump-out in my makeup bag.

on 6/19/2009 5:19:00 AM

I generally love Avon products and have used them since I was a teenager.

I was really disappointed with this product.

I found it made my skin burn, sting, itch and break out ( a 43 year old woman with pimples is not pretty) I couldn't wait to wash it off.
I have used several brands of mineral makeup but this is the only one I have reacted to this way.

It was very cakey on my skin and reminded me of badly applied pan makeup that my Gran used to wear. Sigh........

It wasn't a total waste though, I gave it to my Mum and she loves it!!

on 6/13/2009 3:25:00 PM

I love love love this foundation! I have tried them all..Every drugstore & department store brand plus MK mineral foundation & this one covers & blends better than all. I was shocked at the other reviews & wonder if they are using it correctly. I use sand beige & find that even when I tan I can stil use the same shade for quite some time.
My face looks flawless & airbrushed with this product. It literally takes seconds to do & lasts all day. It does not settle in wrinkles/lines like some foundations do. The only disadvantage to this makeup is it can be messy, but I think that is more a characteristic of mineral makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

a good thing about this product is, a little really does go a long way. i've had this foundation for over a year, i use it everyday, and i still have a lot of powder left. but really, the only thing this is good for is evening out my skin tone. other than that, it hardly has any coverage and does not cover up any of my problem spots. it does not last very long either. when i come back from school, there's absolutely no coverage left at all.

on 4/24/2009 2:43:00 PM

This product is pretty good, but not great. It has good shades, lasts all day while still looking natural, evens skin tone, and has no odor. The only problem for me is that it does'nt spread really well. So i put it on, smooth it out as much as possible, and then spray a spritz of water on my face and spread it out, smooth it, and blend it, with a foundation sponge. And it works great!

on 4/21/2009 9:02:00 PM

I got this in the lightest shade and it was orange..
tested it on my hand and there was no coverage.. plus it was ORANGE!
I threw it out.

on 3/30/2009 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

i had high hopes for this product, but i was very disappointed with it. this mineral makeup did not look natural and clogged my pores. it also made my normal skin oily, which was very strange. i would not be buying this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I've never used another mineral foundation, so I don't have anything to compare it too. But I really like this one. It goes on flawlessly. Makes my skin super soft, blends well, does not have a strong odour.

on 3/3/2009 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The texture is better than Bare minerals in my opinion... and I also own that mineral makeup in medium beige. I cannot stand BE during the winter.. it's made for oily skin and better for the summer. BE is a much drier powder mineral. Despite what they say on tv.... I expected it to be like Avon, but it isn't. This is for dry skin, it's ultra smooth. You can tell the difference between the two instantly. BE does not cover anything compared to this... and I have to wonder if people are blending it well enough? Or are they just not liking it because it's Avon? I will use BE, but only because I paid $25 for the small amount they give.
If you want the makeup look of professionals, get some MAC Fix + and spray your face after you powder. Or take a tissue and place it over your face for a few seconds afterwards. Rose water spray does the same thing as Fix + and is much cheaper.

on 3/1/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I was a little scared off by the reviews of this, but I had already ordered so ... too bad for me. But I am glad I didn't listen to the not-so-hot reviews, because I really like this product. I lucked out and ordered the PERFECT shade so the coverage is great.
Unfortunately, although it looks good it's also the type of makeup that is noticeable (which I don't like). This might be because it's a mineral foundation - I wouldn't know because this is the first one I've tried.
That would be my one complaint, that you can really tell you're wearing it. Again, not in a bad way, but it's not as natural as, say, a liquid foundation might be.
I think I will most likely re-purchase, depending on how it works during the summer.