October 20, 2014 | 945 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This eyeliner really, really doesn't go anywhere. I've swam in chlorinated water wearing it, been in a sauna wearing it, had showers wearing it, and worked long days wearing it. It doesn't smudge or run or come off at all.

The catch is that if you don't use an oil-based cleanser or remover it's extremely difficult to remove. With Shu Uemura's Skin Purifier oil cleansers it comes off like a dream with just your fingertips, however.

The brush in the tube is really easy to use while the product is fresh, and just the right length to do thick or thin lines with relative ease.

My main gripe with this liner, however, is that if you don't use it all quickly it becomes very thick and stretchy like glue, and this makes it extremely hard to apply. I've had a couple of tubes of this (I always repurchased because it stayed on so well) but every time the same thing happened and I ended up throwing it away before I'd used it all up.

I recently discovered Estée Lauder's Double Wear Zero Smudge eyeliner and it's wetter when you apply it so it's much easier to do wings and fine lines. It doesn't stay on the inner corners of my eyes quite as well, though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by LilBubLea

I love this product! Best staying eyeliner that I have ever used. I have monolids and it's been hard to find a good eyeliner that doesn't rub and this is just fantastic.

It is sure to last all day. I can rub my eyes and even sleep in it and it won't come off. Some people say its hard to take off but after about 10-12 hours wear it comes off easy using wipes or make up remover, it's just hard to take off if you have only been wearing it for a couple of hours.

The brush could be better, I prefer to use a fine tipped brush but I don't ever really have any problems with it. If anything it just requires and extra minute to apply. It's a shame I only discovered it after the variation of colours were discontinued.

Overall, it's worth every penny :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by wildswan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*** UPDATED ***
MAC has changed this product slightly, and although I will continue to use it, the quality has definitely gone down. The product does not last as long as it used to and becomes crumbly by the end of the day. The applicator brush is HORRIBLE now.. really cheap, the brush is bristly and pokes my skin. So disappointing.

==========================
This is my HG. My cousin who used to be a model recommended it to me and I've been so happy ever since!! Eyeliners always smudge and give me raccoon eyes, even the waterproof ones, all except this one! I wish the brush was easier to use, but it's worth it for me. I can wear this all day and night and it doesn't fade. If I sleep with it on, it will start to wear off by the 2nd day, but it sure does go a long way if you want it to.

You have to use a really good eye make up remover though, I currently use Almay Moisturizing pads.. they leave an oily residue, but they clean it off really well and are gentle on my eyes. I'm still looking for a better waterproof eye makeup remover though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:24:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is being discontinued. I have it in black and a dark forest green color (forget name) i bought a few years ago. The brush is not my favorite with liquid liner, but i do not have a problem using it, i use liquid often so its not a problem. You can always use a separate eyeliner brush and swipe off the brush to line eyes. No eyeliner will ever last as long as this eyeliner, its insane, as if freshly applied 10 + hours later. Will definitely take you through a work day or a wedding. In stores, they only have black left , on ebay, other colors are going for more than double the normal price $19 U.S

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by cassilovesmac

I love this eyeliner! Even after its been on for 12 hours and i have washed my face my eyeliner is still perfect! I have had mine for a week and its getting all goopy so that sucks, and also the brush makes it hard to apply.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This. Does. Not. Budge. Unless you use an oil based makeup remover. Also don't use the applicator it comes with. It's very difficuly to apply with it, use a slanted eyeliner brush. This is the best eyeliner that won't move for nothing. Great for making cat eyes. I hope they don't discontinue it! It's the best waterproof eyeliner for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by sayakhansa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh dear. I can't believe I just fell in love with MAC liquidlast.
First of all, I'm (was) a total makeup virgin until last week I randomly picked up this liner just for fun. I wanted to start using makeup but I wanted something subtle. Obviously, this stuff is no subtle but it's amazing. I don't have shaky hands (thank god) and I get along with the flimsy brush well, it's just slightly hard to create a nice flick with the brush. But the best part is, it stays on ALL DAY LONG. I mean it. I usually get out of the house at 5.30 am and return back home at 8/9 pm, and yet without touch-ups, my liner still looks as if it were freshly applied. It flakes a little bit but it only happens if I put too much on. Pricey, but so worth it. if you have the cash to splash, I totally recommend this liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

When I went to purchase my second tube I almost had a heart attack when the lady at the MAC counter told me she'd never heard of this before. She sold me this awful, runny eyeliner that I returned. As far as I know this is only available on the MAC website now. It's amazing. It stays in place for 8+ hours, and has never come off on me. The only thing that's a bit annoying is the brush. It's like a mini paintbrush that can make a mess if you're not careful. But overall, I love it! It's the only liner I found that will stay on my Asian eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by zoegirly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Extremly waterproof liner.... This is the best liquid liner I´ve tried. Intens color. Lasting all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by beauanderos

A great waterproof, all day lasting eyeliner!
I use this on my lid that is primed and i also apply powder on my eyelids too, for extra lasting power! my lids get pretty oily during the day so this ensures a long wear, and no transfer to my upper eye lid area.
You do need some time for it to dry, and i like to use an extra liner brush to perfect the cat eye and get an even, thin application. kinda like how i use layers to paint my nails and let each coat dry. anyways, it does last all day, and i will continue to buy! this is something you can definitely swim with! I had a pool party and swam with this and all my chick friends were really asking me what eyeliner i was using, cuz they were too scared to get their head wet underwater. Def something to try if your looking for all day wear. Also, invest in a good oil based waterproof eye makeup remover! this stuff doesnt budge :)