August 30, 2014 | 1743 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mizzlarabee

I just started using this foundation and I love it! The texture is amazing, it smells lovely (lavender oil), and the finish is really natural and dewy. My skin is acne-prone and I do usually have a few spots present but it does not seem to aggravate my skin in any way. It works well with my combination skin since I don't get very oily and I'm not sure that it would be suitable if I was oily. I have a lot of redness in my skin and the yellow base helps to even it out and just look very natural. For people who are complaining about the coverage, it's best to use a lighter coverage foundation with a separate concealer anyway to avoid looking like you are wearing a mask :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by whazzam

So yellow!! I also should have realized before buying this that it does not suit oily skin!!! I got pimples, and it bugged me.

However, It makes you look tanned, and great in pictures. Glowy factor.

I think it's also supposed to be used with a sponge, but i use it with a foundation brush. It also has great coverage.

would not buy again for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Really loving this. I had been using Guerlain and loved that too but wanted a change. I bought this in Sand. Applied with a sponge and get great coverage, perfect colour for me and great staying power. Even after running at the gym it looks great. No irritation. I'd definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by beangu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely not for those who have oily/acne prone skin. It's great for dry skin. the price was very expensive approx $50 but I use this for special occasions because I don't like to use foundations with spf, my skin looks weird when pictures are taken. Also, you need very little with this because the coverage is very good so it last a long time. I'm a firm believer in making the skin perfect above everything else. The color match for me is perfect because I have yellow undertones and the coverage is amazing without looking cakey. For a day time look, you can mix this with your spf moisturizer and apply it on like face lotion. Overall, the colour match, the moisturizing properties make this a definite rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by shelly4519

Broke me out like no other! Huge white heads that Im still fading scars on! My skin hated this! It has the mositure that my skin like but the breakouts were horrible! The bottle for the price you pay for this should have a pump....no reason not to! Too bad I really wanted to like this and the color match was good!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Thessie

Is too yellow. Consistencey is great. I mix it with my spf 30 lotion in the palm of my hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I would buy again because the shade match of BB foundations is almost unbeatable. I wear in sand or warm sand and its a seamless blend.
I like the fact that this foundation has no spf therefore no acne causing or so i thought. I must say i think this foundation was flaring my acne up a little and it wasnt until i swopped over to Lancome that i realised how oily my skin was at the ned of the day after wearing the foundation and i dont have an oliy skin type. Still, great coverage, super natural finish and shade match bang on. I will keep waiting for BB to bring out a foundation which is the same shade but is delivered in a better bottle with a more hygenic and sensible method of dispensing - and possibly has more light reflective / dewy properties.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: I know "moisturizing" is in the name, but I didn't expect quite this much moisture. Well, if you want a very moist finish, this is luminous in the sense of very dewy.

CONS: Unless you're yellow-toned, the colors are all too yellow. (I'm N15, leaning to NC.) The company says all skin is yellow-based and that's why their foundations all have a yellow base. I disagree. This was a little too wet (almost oily) looking and feeling for me. Not great for my big pores.

ALTERNATES: D/S - L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup is pretty good for wrinkles. For H/E and dewy, I absolutely adore MAC's tinted moisturizer, which is the best thing for not making my wrinkles look worse, out of 35 foundations I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're concerned about this settling in pores, you can pat L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base into pores first (and make sure to let it "set" for at least a minute).

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by ethnicdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this foundation 30 minutes ago and the lady suggested i buy this over Moisture Rich and realised it was anti-aging and I'm only 21.
It made my skin feel tight and the color doesn't look quite right either.
I went from MAC to this thinking it was going to be more hydrating and more natural, it turns out I can already feel my face starting to break just after 5 mins after application. I will be returning this and swapping it for moisture rich. Worst Decision ever!
BIGGEST CON: NO SPF!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by deviousisland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have had a lot of problems recently with skin flare ups due to stress. My skin has been very dry, sensitive and inflamed. My sister recommended this foundation to me as it is supposed to be a super hydrating formula, as well as providing great coverage. Wrong. This foundation does not set, meaning you have to use a powder over the top, thereby emphasising dry skin. Completely defeats the object of a moisturising foundation, surely?
It has a tendency to settle into dry patches on the skin - not attractive.
It is what I call a 'volatile' foundation - it's very temperamental. It would not blend properly with a brush or a sponge, so I've found it must be patted onto the skin with your fingers, which takes forever.
Definitely NOT worth the £28 I paid for it, especially as it doesn't even have a pump.
The only thing it's good for is as an under-eye concealer, and even then, it doesn't last very long.
Thanks for nothing, Bobbi.