September 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I received a sample of this at an event I recently attended. I used it as directed and liked it well enough. Good for everyday use- oatmeal is soothing and the texture provides gentle exfoliation. This is GREAT for absorbing excess oil, too. But $52 for 2.5 ounces? HahahahaNOPE. Not for what the main ingredients are. I prefer to save the big bucks for things that make a huge impact, like IPL or Botox. Dermalogica may want to lynch me after saying this but...
I decided to do an experiment. I looked at the ingredients in this product and decided to try to make my own. I put non-instant oatmeal in a coffee grinder and blended until it was a powdery consistency, then I added brown rice flour and 4 drops of tea tree oil. I don't see the point in adding the other things, such as ginkgo, essential oils, and random things added for consistency purposes; but I guess I could if I wanted to feel fancy. So I prepared my concoction as it says to on the package. Put a teaspoon in the palm and add some water to make a paste, massage into face and leave on a few minutes. The texture isn't as smooth as the Dermalogica, but it feels the same on the face and I got the same results. I keep the product I make in a glass storage container and can use as much as I want. I don't have to be frugal with the amount either. I can make a darn close replica this (even with Ginkgo and essential oils) for less than a tenth of the price.
Edit: If you hesitate to make it yourself because you don't have the "papain enzyme and salicylic acid" to add- be reminded this is a product you wash off after a few minutes- do the ingredients really have a lot of time to sink in to do any good anyway? Take your money and invest in a good face cream.

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I use Dermalogica's Daily microfoliant is a scrub a few times a week rather than an everyday cleanser. So far i have noticed a great improvement in my skin complexion. My skin feels smoother, it is very gentle, and has reduced pore size. When i first started using it i noticed a few pimples forming along my cheek area. I think this was from the exfoliating process removing dead skin cells and bacteria that is deep down in the pores. After the first week i did not experience and other breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this and i love how its a rice based forumla, it smells really great and takes the dead cells off the skin without drying it out, the only con to this is that its quite messy and even though you think youve out enough powder in your hands it turns more into a face wash than a scrub, you really have to get a nice palm full for a good scrub, over all a great product and it cleared my skin nicely, it is a bit pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this product. This is a dry product so it can make a mess but works great as a gentle wash or scrub depending on how moist you make it.

I only use a little at a time because it can have some grit to it. If it is too harsh for you, add more water. It keeps my skin clear and really cleanses it well without causing over drying.

If you use this sparingly, it can last up to 4-6 months. Highly recommend as this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the most skin-changing product I've ever used, and I've used lots. My skin is dehydrated but very congested and acne-prone, and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and some shallow but extensive acne scarring. I've been using this product for about two months now, and people have been commenting on how good my skin looks! This has never ever happened to me. I use it every two or three days, not every day, as my skin is also very sensitive. My skin looks bright, healthy, and clean, my hyperpigmentation has lightened significantly, I get less acne and the acne I do get clears up faster. Yes, it's an expensive product, but a little goes a very long way--I got a travel-sized container and it is still about 1/3 to half full. I just bought a large size as I got a discount at Dermalogica, and I would recommend it to everyone. Amazing, amazing product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lovetheweb

I don't have many holy grail products, but this is one of them. And to those scared off by the info on the bottle from Dermalogica that those using medical exfoliants shouldn't use this product -- I do and I do. In fact, this gentle scrub takes off the dead cells that it seems my retinoids loosen, but do not remove. Without Daily Microfoliant, my skin is rough and has more issues like comedones. I couldn't use a Clarisonic even every other day, but I use this scrub every 1-2 days with very good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-MUCH smoother skin, reduced pores, lines faded, slight glow. At first I really couldn't feel the difference, it just felt like rubbing nothing onto the face but I was so surprised, I could see really noticeable results in less than a week. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change with any other product.
-a bottle will last you ages
-super duper gentle it feels like soap
-fragrant free
-I've been told it reduces the chances of milia, which is hard to prevent and/or get rid of without pain.
UPDATE: I have gotten rid of one big milia (out of ten) using dermalogica, it just popped one day after a while of exfoliating that area (it doesn't work for milia that isn't bulging out )

Cons:
- It is super expensive here in Australia though but the price is reasonable if you get it off Amazon
-The packing is a bit of a bummer since I can never tap out a small amount.
- I developed a few pimples right when I started using it

I will definitely repurchase since the results are so great just after a week of use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best daily exfoliator there is out there. This is gentle enough to use daily. A little bit on clean hands foam it up with water in your hands to make a creamy soapy bubbly creation and buff over your skin - afterwards my skin feels so soft and no little flaky patches! It also lasts forever - I've had a big bottle for 1 year and use it 3 times a week - there's still product in it! It's totally worth the money and is dermalogica at its best.

The only con for me would be the smell as with all DL products is a bit non descript & unpleasant - this is a very minor criticism. I also find the top of the bottle can get claggy and clogged up if the bottle has come into contact with water. These are so minor though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I got a very generous sample size of this product. It is a nice scrub and I like that it is a dry powder that you add water to and make a paste out of. Other than that, I am not wowed. I suppose it serves it purpose as an exfoliator but I still like Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash better. So, I will not be purchasing. Not to mention, it's expensive!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be a great product, gentle exfoliation without harshness. The formulation has been changed and now its just another harsh cleanser. Made my skin terribly dry and red - it took me a while to realise what it was. Disappointed to see key ingredient of sodium laurel sulphate - aka factory floor cleaner. Back to the drawing board - gentle exfoliation anyone?