August 21, 2014 | 1847 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love this product. This is a dry product so it can make a mess but works great as a gentle wash or scrub depending on how moist you make it.

I only use a little at a time because it can have some grit to it. If it is too harsh for you, add more water. It keeps my skin clear and really cleanses it well without causing over drying.

If you use this sparingly, it can last up to 4-6 months. Highly recommend as this is a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hands down the most skin-changing product I've ever used, and I've used lots. My skin is dehydrated but very congested and acne-prone, and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and some shallow but extensive acne scarring. I've been using this product for about two months now, and people have been commenting on how good my skin looks! This has never ever happened to me. I use it every two or three days, not every day, as my skin is also very sensitive. My skin looks bright, healthy, and clean, my hyperpigmentation has lightened significantly, I get less acne and the acne I do get clears up faster. Yes, it's an expensive product, but a little goes a very long way--I got a travel-sized container and it is still about 1/3 to half full. I just bought a large size as I got a discount at Dermalogica, and I would recommend it to everyone. Amazing, amazing product.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by lovetheweb

I don't have many holy grail products, but this is one of them. And to those scared off by the info on the bottle from Dermalogica that those using medical exfoliants shouldn't use this product -- I do and I do. In fact, this gentle scrub takes off the dead cells that it seems my retinoids loosen, but do not remove. Without Daily Microfoliant, my skin is rough and has more issues like comedones. I couldn't use a Clarisonic even every other day, but I use this scrub every 1-2 days with very good results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by chuppachups8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
-MUCH smoother skin, reduced pores, lines faded, slight glow. At first I really couldn't feel the difference, it just felt like rubbing nothing onto the face but I was so surprised, I could see really noticeable results in less than a week. I haven't noticed such a dramatic change with any other product.
-a bottle will last you ages
-super duper gentle it feels like soap
-fragrant free
-I've been told it reduces the chances of milia, which is hard to prevent and/or get rid of without pain.
UPDATE: I have gotten rid of one big milia (out of ten) using dermalogica, it just popped one day after a while of exfoliating that area (it doesn't work for milia that isn't bulging out )

Cons:
- It is super expensive here in Australia though but the price is reasonable if you get it off Amazon
-The packing is a bit of a bummer since I can never tap out a small amount.
- I developed a few pimples right when I started using it

I will definitely repurchase since the results are so great just after a week of use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Quite simply the best daily exfoliator there is out there. This is gentle enough to use daily. A little bit on clean hands foam it up with water in your hands to make a creamy soapy bubbly creation and buff over your skin - afterwards my skin feels so soft and no little flaky patches! It also lasts forever - I've had a big bottle for 1 year and use it 3 times a week - there's still product in it! It's totally worth the money and is dermalogica at its best.

The only con for me would be the smell as with all DL products is a bit non descript & unpleasant - this is a very minor criticism. I also find the top of the bottle can get claggy and clogged up if the bottle has come into contact with water. These are so minor though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I got a very generous sample size of this product. It is a nice scrub and I like that it is a dry powder that you add water to and make a paste out of. Other than that, I am not wowed. I suppose it serves it purpose as an exfoliator but I still like Philosophy's Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash better. So, I will not be purchasing. Not to mention, it's expensive!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Superangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be a great product, gentle exfoliation without harshness. The formulation has been changed and now its just another harsh cleanser. Made my skin terribly dry and red - it took me a while to realise what it was. Disappointed to see key ingredient of sodium laurel sulphate - aka factory floor cleaner. Back to the drawing board - gentle exfoliation anyone?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Handwritten

Am not happy to give Dermalogica a poor review, as I've loved and repurchased many of their other products (especially the Special Cleansing Gel). I received a sample of the Microfoliant which I was excited to use as I have combination/oily skin and am always on the look out for a good exfoliator to unclog my skin.
I was VERY surprised with my skin's reaction to this stuff! Immediately after use my skin was burning and turned BRIGHT red. I don't have sensitive skin at all, so I was very surprised. My skin settled and returned to normal after about 20 minutes, but I would certainly not ever use this again and am happy that this was only a sample.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by 000Natalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I have been using a generous sample size that I was given when I purchased my moisturiser for around 2 months, 2 - 3 times a week.
I have drier skin and suffer with some redness on my cheeks, so I don't use it every day. But my skin feels smoother, more refined and glowing. I also have definitely seen a difference when applying my make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by GoldenBee12

Have already gone thorough one bottle. Usually don't use exfoliate find the beads to harsh in the cheaper brands. Really enjoying this - using it once every morning more so in my congested areas such as my chin and around the nose. Has made a difference smoother skin less blackheads and blemishes. Just purchased my second bottle :)