Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 11/8/2011 8:21:00 AM

No odor, no white marks and so much healthier than antiperspire. It's great!!

You can buy it in www.iherb.com and have one $5 discount for your first order if you use the code LOP784 at checkout.

on 9/10/2011 6:36:00 PM

Finally! Since high school I have avoided anti-perspirants (as nice as the Dove ones smell), but it is so difficult to find deodorants without anti-perspirants for women. I really wanted to like Tom's, but it gives me a rash under my arms, no matter which formula I use. I used the Crystal roll-on, Jason, and other natural deodorants, but none of them seemed to do more than if I just didn't wear anything at all. Finally I discovered the Crystal. It is the same brand as the roll-on I had tried, but much more effective. This is the formula that comes in a twist-up tube but it is a rock that you have to wet before application. I was just recovering from another bout of Tom's, and my armpits healed within a few days and there is literally no odor, even when I've been sweating. It just really works! It is also supposed to last a year, and judging by the size of the stick, I bet it will!

on 8/28/2011 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I used it consistently for two months and it worked without leaving those annoying little white marks. Since it also wasn't causing cancer like most other deodorants, I was rather pleased. But it took too much effort to make it wet when I just wanted to throw some on before I left the house (I know, I'm lazy). So, I stopped using it and moved on to the same brand roll on. Which I love!

Admittedly, I don't really mind being smelly during and post work-out, so I don't even put on deodorant during those times...so can't speak to it effectiveness during heavy sweating.

on 8/12/2011 3:21:00 PM

My HG! after trying so many brands, this works the best for me!!! i have already recommended this stuff to my family. I sweat all the time and no deodorant really works very well for me, especially 'natural' types. I've tried 3 aluminum free deodorants from 5-20 dollars each, and this works by far the best, and its the cheapest with the least ingredients. I have found that it works best after you shower since your skin is already moist. I am so ecstatic that i found this stuff!!! TRY IT. I bought it for 4 dollars at swansonvitamins.com

on 8/7/2011 9:17:00 PM

I love this deoderant! No white marks, safe and no odour! I only apply once and it lasts throughout the day. Way longer than traditional deoderants. I have been using crystal form deoderants since I started using deoderant and I will never use gel/powder kinds ever. I did use them for a short period and hated them. They weren't as long lasting or as convenient as this one. For me, this lasts well over a year. You wet this, apply and it quickly dries. Don't have to wait a while like gel deoderants or have to worry about white marks or reapplying. It also isn't too drying either. Though be careful not to drop this as it can crack and break. That was my only motivation to buy a new one, because it shattered when I dropped it on the titled floor. My only other gripe is that this doesn't control perspiration. This was $8 CAD at Shoppers Drugmart. Will repurchase. **For thoes concerned, this is rated low (0) on EWG's cosmetic database in terms of health concern.

on 8/2/2011 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So the first week i got it it worked ahhhmazing. A single application would keep me from stinking for a day and a half max which is saying something as i am someone who NEEDS her odour control. Needless to day i was very happy with it. But after a few weeks i broke out into a horrible rash. The creases of my armpit became very very dark. almost black. I felt horrible because one reason i bought this was because conventional deodorants (with their aluminium cholorohydrate) are said to cause armpit blackness, which i suffer from. It also got very itchy and the skin stated peeling. I was surprised because the deo is apparently hypo-allregenic. Perhaps i was a bit overzealous with my applications? I am keeping the crystal in case i feel like giving it a shot later. But definitely not until the horrific black crease-scars clear up. And that will probably take forever by the looks of it :(

on 7/2/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I am convinced that regular deodorant/antiperspirants are tools of the devil (figuratively speaking). I am one of those people who easily has issues with cysts forming in the underarm area and my doctor and I both believe that using a regular deodorant and/or antiperspirant, along with shaving, are the big culprits for me in this area. I've been using this Crystal product for a while now and I am so glad that I stopped using traditional underarm products. At first I was self-conscious about switching over to this because I'd been so conditioned to believe that I had to rub something with aluminum chlorohydrate under my arms to prevent any odor. I kept sniffing myself multiple times each day to make sure that the Crystal was working, and it does! I'd never go back to using anything other than this.

on 6/27/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you usually need Clinical strength deo's and antiperspirants - like I do - then this is useless. Thank goodness I tested this on my day off!! No odor protection whatsoever - I was stinky within three hours. But my SO has been using these things for almost 2 years very successfully. One lasted almost a year and half for him. Basically, it's cheap enough to buy one from the dollar store and try it. I split the rating in the middle and gave it a 3.

on 5/8/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought a sample one at Whole Foods for under $5, I think it might have even been 2 or 3? Anywho, it worked at first, but after a few weeks it stopped. I was so sad... Be warned that you MUST apply to clean pits, because if not then the crystal will absorb your smelliness and be smelly also until it wears off. Maybe that's when mine stopped working? I had to do a touchup during the day, and though I wiped my pits with a baby wipe, I thought it would be sufficient BUT it wasn't. It lasts a very long time- I used mine for a few months before giving up but it didn't look like I made a dent in it at all. Either way, it still couldn't keep up with my super active lifestyle (dance teacher/performer). I might use it in a rotation since it worked at first, but that's really annoying since why does it have to stop working at all? fufufufu...

on 4/27/2011 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been using this for at least a year now, and I absolutely love it. It really does keep me from smelling like BO, and I also use it under my boobs (which are huge), so they don't feel gross, etc. when I sweat. The only issue I have with this is that it's heavy, so it's annoying to travel with. Otherwise -- fantastic product. I do kundalini and vinyasa yoga, and I never smell gross afterward thanks to this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials