October 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Nazimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So the first week i got it it worked ahhhmazing. A single application would keep me from stinking for a day and a half max which is saying something as i am someone who NEEDS her odour control. Needless to day i was very happy with it. But after a few weeks i broke out into a horrible rash. The creases of my armpit became very very dark. almost black. I felt horrible because one reason i bought this was because conventional deodorants (with their aluminium cholorohydrate) are said to cause armpit blackness, which i suffer from. It also got very itchy and the skin stated peeling. I was surprised because the deo is apparently hypo-allregenic. Perhaps i was a bit overzealous with my applications? I am keeping the crystal in case i feel like giving it a shot later. But definitely not until the horrific black crease-scars clear up. And that will probably take forever by the looks of it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am convinced that regular deodorant/antiperspirants are tools of the devil (figuratively speaking). I am one of those people who easily has issues with cysts forming in the underarm area and my doctor and I both believe that using a regular deodorant and/or antiperspirant, along with shaving, are the big culprits for me in this area. I've been using this Crystal product for a while now and I am so glad that I stopped using traditional underarm products. At first I was self-conscious about switching over to this because I'd been so conditioned to believe that I had to rub something with aluminum chlorohydrate under my arms to prevent any odor. I kept sniffing myself multiple times each day to make sure that the Crystal was working, and it does! I'd never go back to using anything other than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you usually need Clinical strength deo's and antiperspirants - like I do - then this is useless. Thank goodness I tested this on my day off!! No odor protection whatsoever - I was stinky within three hours. But my SO has been using these things for almost 2 years very successfully. One lasted almost a year and half for him. Basically, it's cheap enough to buy one from the dollar store and try it. I split the rating in the middle and gave it a 3.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample one at Whole Foods for under $5, I think it might have even been 2 or 3? Anywho, it worked at first, but after a few weeks it stopped. I was so sad... Be warned that you MUST apply to clean pits, because if not then the crystal will absorb your smelliness and be smelly also until it wears off. Maybe that's when mine stopped working? I had to do a touchup during the day, and though I wiped my pits with a baby wipe, I thought it would be sufficient BUT it wasn't. It lasts a very long time- I used mine for a few months before giving up but it didn't look like I made a dent in it at all. Either way, it still couldn't keep up with my super active lifestyle (dance teacher/performer). I might use it in a rotation since it worked at first, but that's really annoying since why does it have to stop working at all? fufufufu...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for at least a year now, and I absolutely love it. It really does keep me from smelling like BO, and I also use it under my boobs (which are huge), so they don't feel gross, etc. when I sweat. The only issue I have with this is that it's heavy, so it's annoying to travel with. Otherwise -- fantastic product. I do kundalini and vinyasa yoga, and I never smell gross afterward thanks to this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of this deodorant! This keeps me fragrance free for at least 24 hours, and I'm quite an active woman - even after volleyball or the gym I still smell fine! However, word the wise - I have found this product to be ineffective at removing odours. In other words, if you already smell a little then it's too late for this to work effectively. I apply it right out of the shower, wetting it and rubbing it over each armpit for about 30-45 seconds. This keeps me smell-free until my next shower or for at least 24 hours, whichever comes first. I haven't found that it stains any of my clothes, even my vulnerable whites. My fiancée insists that there is a light soapy scent, but I can't smell a thing! He also thinks it's hilarious that I rub a crystal under my arm to keep from smelling - he takes pleasure in calling me a hippy. But hey, at least I'm not a smelly hippy!

Repurchase + recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have been using some variety of non-aluminum deodorant for years and years. I used to use Toms of Maine, but their newly reformulated deodorants just don't work for me anymore. My BF recently bought one of the Crystal deodorants and told me to get one because he thought it was so great. I did, and it works like a charm! It really does keep odor away for at least 12 hours....and there is ZERO residue or substance from the application that can get on to clothes, etc.
I do have one question. Is the ammonium alum ingredient the naughty aluminum that I'm trying to avoid? Many people claim it is not, but I'm not so sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Love this, been using it for years!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does NOT work. I tried this for over a month and had SO many embarrassing moments. There were times I couldn't face people I was so embarrassed. I think I smell worse with this than with nothing on. The other problem - this IS aluminum, and when wet it IS small enough to penetrate your skin --- so why use this? it's no safer than normal antiperspirants. you can check out the facts on the website called Chemical of the Day, where Stephanie, a chemist explains how this breaks down into small alumnium ions.

Also, like the reviewer below me said - the crystal rock itself will absorb your body odor, so then it is like rubbing B.O. on yourself. it is pretty nasty. My husband and I threw it out.

I am now using Jason Tea Tree roll on deodorant, and it works very well (for a natural deodorant that's not an antiperspirant, that is).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read that the body soaks in 80% of what we apply to our skin, so a natural deodorant is really important to me. After trying a few natural deodorants that don't work, or that make me itchy, I'm amazed at this product. In my opinion, it's a step above regular chemical deodorants because it feels like you are wearing nothing, it's not harming your body, and yet there is zero smell for 24+ hours. Deodorants usually make me itchy, and since I've started wearing this, I've had no itching.

If you're having and smell issues, it's most likely that you're not applying it how it needs to go on. Just wet it and rub it on- I usually rub for about 45 seconds on each underarm. I applied this yesterday morning, and it's now afternoon into the next day and I have zero smell. And remember that it's not an anti-persperant, so it's not going to stop the sweat from coming out- but honestly, there is no musky smell on me right now and I haven't showered yet :) .

I'm going to be using this for the rest of my life, and it makes me feel so good that I'm no longer putting harmful chemicals on my body everyday.