July 22, 2014 | 1436 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 9:12:00 AM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for at least a year now, and I absolutely love it. It really does keep me from smelling like BO, and I also use it under my boobs (which are huge), so they don't feel gross, etc. when I sweat. The only issue I have with this is that it's heavy, so it's annoying to travel with. Otherwise -- fantastic product. I do kundalini and vinyasa yoga, and I never smell gross afterward thanks to this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of this deodorant! This keeps me fragrance free for at least 24 hours, and I'm quite an active woman - even after volleyball or the gym I still smell fine! However, word the wise - I have found this product to be ineffective at removing odours. In other words, if you already smell a little then it's too late for this to work effectively. I apply it right out of the shower, wetting it and rubbing it over each armpit for about 30-45 seconds. This keeps me smell-free until my next shower or for at least 24 hours, whichever comes first. I haven't found that it stains any of my clothes, even my vulnerable whites. My fiancée insists that there is a light soapy scent, but I can't smell a thing! He also thinks it's hilarious that I rub a crystal under my arm to keep from smelling - he takes pleasure in calling me a hippy. But hey, at least I'm not a smelly hippy!

Repurchase + recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I have been using some variety of non-aluminum deodorant for years and years. I used to use Toms of Maine, but their newly reformulated deodorants just don't work for me anymore. My BF recently bought one of the Crystal deodorants and told me to get one because he thought it was so great. I did, and it works like a charm! It really does keep odor away for at least 12 hours....and there is ZERO residue or substance from the application that can get on to clothes, etc.
I do have one question. Is the ammonium alum ingredient the naughty aluminum that I'm trying to avoid? Many people claim it is not, but I'm not so sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by mkeddie

Love this, been using it for years!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This does NOT work. I tried this for over a month and had SO many embarrassing moments. There were times I couldn't face people I was so embarrassed. I think I smell worse with this than with nothing on. The other problem - this IS aluminum, and when wet it IS small enough to penetrate your skin --- so why use this? it's no safer than normal antiperspirants. you can check out the facts on the website called Chemical of the Day, where Stephanie, a chemist explains how this breaks down into small alumnium ions.

Also, like the reviewer below me said - the crystal rock itself will absorb your body odor, so then it is like rubbing B.O. on yourself. it is pretty nasty. My husband and I threw it out.

I am now using Jason Tea Tree roll on deodorant, and it works very well (for a natural deodorant that's not an antiperspirant, that is).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by AllTheTrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read that the body soaks in 80% of what we apply to our skin, so a natural deodorant is really important to me. After trying a few natural deodorants that don't work, or that make me itchy, I'm amazed at this product. In my opinion, it's a step above regular chemical deodorants because it feels like you are wearing nothing, it's not harming your body, and yet there is zero smell for 24+ hours. Deodorants usually make me itchy, and since I've started wearing this, I've had no itching.

If you're having and smell issues, it's most likely that you're not applying it how it needs to go on. Just wet it and rub it on- I usually rub for about 45 seconds on each underarm. I applied this yesterday morning, and it's now afternoon into the next day and I have zero smell. And remember that it's not an anti-persperant, so it's not going to stop the sweat from coming out- but honestly, there is no musky smell on me right now and I haven't showered yet :) .

I'm going to be using this for the rest of my life, and it makes me feel so good that I'm no longer putting harmful chemicals on my body everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by waldsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works well. My sweat smells pretty gross naturally and this gives me odour free armpits.

Also great for under the boobs as it's non-irritating.

Pro Tips: Wet enough for the crystal to glide on, and purchase from Iherb (much cheaper and there's a discount for new customers). Also, consider buying a trial size first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Lyaana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG!!! Works great and last forever! Just remember to wet it when you are ready to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't you just love finding holy grail products? This is one of those off beat things that I really could smack myself for not purchasing earlier. While it seems rather pricey from the get go don't let that dissuade you, this stick lasts and lasts! Other natural deodorants gave me rashes or just didn't seem to have much staying power. If you are a profuse sweater, this won't keep you dry, but you won't smell either. I sweat quite a bit, yet find myself sweating less after using the stone or the liquid roll on. This is a great and simple alternative for those wanting to "go green" with their grooming products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by boomtownrat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've found that if I do about 80 strokes per armpit, this will keep me BO-free for 24+ hours. Wednesday night, I bathed and applied this to freshly cleaned, damp armpits. I woke up intending to wash my armpits and reapply the Crystal, but I didn't smell anything. I decided to see how long this would last. After a day of Thanksgiving visits AND a night out, there was STILL no stink! I woke up this morning and incredibly I had only just begun to smell as I was getting into the shower.

If I apply it less than 50 strokes on each underarm, there might be a slight odor by the late afternoon. Putting on 80 strokes per armpit takes less than a minute and the product goes a long way. It's extremely worth it to take those extra seconds to put on more, making sure to cover a wide area.

My armpits feel much better than they have with any antiperspirant or natural deodorant. I love not having to deal with nasty chemical perfumes. I have a skin condition that affects the armpits, but after coconut oil deodorant and now the Crystal Stick, it has calmed down considerably.

I've been using the Crystal Stick for over a week. If it keeps working so well, I'll remain loyal!