September 21, 2014 | 1983 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Foaming Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2006 8:19:00 PM More reviews by limpylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is nothing extraordinary about this cleanser. The scent is really subtle and seems to clean my skin rather well. Unfortunately it does not foam as much as I would like, but it works. I think I will continue on my quest for the perfect cleanser--for me it's not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 3:21:00 AM More reviews by jmargolin4

I used this product for years and years. My skin now is too old for this face wash, but I really loved it. My skin always felt refreshed, it never made me break out and it gave me a healthy glow. I am now using the Olay mature skin version with the microbeads. Also a good product, yet not as effective as the foaming face wash. I used the non-fragrance version of this for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 1:03:00 PM More reviews by slok87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still trying to decide if I'm just going to go ahead and re-purchase this or if I'm willing to risk trying something potentially worse. This is an okay cleanser in that it doesn't break-out, hurt, or dry my skin; it's bad in that it doesn't really clean my face very well. It's hard for me to get it to lather and it seems like no matter how long I scrub the amount of make-up and dirt that comes off with my toner is scary. I should try something else--if I have to use my toner to clean my face I may as well skip this cleanser altogether. Perhaps it would work better for those who don't wear any make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2005 2:33:00 AM More reviews by lafrancaise

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great drugstore cleanser; in fact, I've bought it at least 5-8 times over the past couple years. It doesn't overly dry my oily skin, it removes makeup like a dream, not too perfumed, and I like the microbeads. If you have normal to oily skin and like a great bargain, this is for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by e_L_L_e

i bought this to use as a gentle makeup remover because it's soap-free. it doesn't irritate my skin and removes even waterproof mascara perfectly. but it's really really really drying. my face screams "moisturize me" immediately after i dry my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sed484

I LOVE this face wash!! I never use the same product twice and this face wash I have been using off and on for like 10 years. I always try other cleansers and they end up irritating, drying out, or breaking out my face and to get my skin back to normal in a hurry, this is my product!! Removes eye makeup so well and never stings your eyes, so gentle and wonderful. I love the sensitive skin foaming face wash too. The so called "film" it seems to leave on your skin is only the aloe that this product contains. It is oil-free and this will NOT break you out but it will leave your skin super soft and glowing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 8:09:00 AM More reviews by avamarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought 2 of these because they were on sale for 2.00 each. I love this. It is so gentle on my skin. I usually use Dove foaming wash but this I like better. I will be going back to the store to see if I can find the rest that they are clearancing out. Great product...Plus didn't dry my face out like most washes do.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ohsosweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*This barely foamed up, and it left my skin feeling unclean.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2005 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Laramia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this cleanser. I used it when I broke out terribly last winter....
I used it in conjunction with some glycolic/salycid pads given to me by my derm.It cleaned my skin better than cetaphil and it didn't make me break out. I don't think it did much to help w existing pimples, but it didn't cause any future breakouts either. It could be a little drying though.
I have just upgraded to Sage Facial Shampoo ( I hope I dont regret it)....
IF Sage breaks me out, I will def. come back to oil of olay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore cleanser. I have a few favorites, but I'm always on the hunt for a good, gentle cleanser for my oily skin, so I decided to try this out. I got the regular version and not the sensitive skin version because I wear a lot of makeup and I wanted something that removes makeup completely. This cleanser is a pearly liquid that foams into a good lather, and it has a light scent. It left my face feeling very clean. This is oil-free, soap-free, and dye-free which is a plus. Plus it's very reasonably priced. Supposedly this is discontinued though, and they replaced it with a tube version. However, I can still find this in stores near my city all the time.