November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful light easily absorbing oil that is very good to my combination sensitive skin especially during the daytime as its absorbs so well and really gives you a luminous glow. No breakouts no irritation, softens wrinkles- brightens my face. I have thrown away all store brand face moisturizers in favor of this totally natural gem along with several other oils I like. Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone with oily or combo skin as it is moisturizing and still has slight astringent properties to it. With continued use I have found that I like it best for my nose, cheeks and chin,and as a night time eyelid treatment as it has firming properties that are quite obvious in the morning. Under the eyes and on my forehead I prefer other oils as I am no youngster and need more moisture there. Buy amber glass bottles with droppers as the oil holds up better and is easier to use that way.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edited: mix in some emulsifer to make a great cleansing oil (I use cromollient from GoW). Maybe it's due to the vitamin e, but I do not find this grapeseed oil to be drying at all, in fact when mixed w/emulsifier it's less drying than most commercially prepared cleansing oils I've tried.
This review is for the Auria Cacia Grapeseed Oil (which also contains vitamin E). I use this all around my eyes to remove sunscreen and/or concealer. Cleansing oils were making my undereye area too dehydrated and this stuff has been great, leaving the area moisturized rather than dehydrated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AMAZING...
I miss it with Jajoba Oil sometimes and sometimes I just use it alone as a cleanser and moiturizer. I cant tell you enough how much my skin loves the oil and in the morning I have a glowing suple face.. and I wish that I could use the oil as a day moisturizer also.. but I dont think it will work.

I mix the two oils before getting into the shower and let the steam do its magic.. then I use a light scrub to exfoliate and wash off.. my skin is loving it. I have been using the oils together for about 4 months now and it has honestly made such a difference in my (used to be oily skin) now normal skin! I will always have a bottle on hand!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

im using grapeseed oil that i grabbed on supermarket shelf. i use this as a mkup remover and it doesnt cause me breakouts like olive oil or DHC cleansing oil (which will occur if i continue using them for a few days). it does a good job removing everything. however, i like baby oil better. this is greasier somehow & i can see this will cause break out on some skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by lifedespitegodtwopointoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a godsend for me. When I apply it before bed, my skin feels firm, smooth, and moisturized. It never stings my face like creamy moisturizers often do, and it doesn't make my face dry and flaky like jojoba oil did. It's also noncomedogenic, and contains a lot of antioxidants. I've even been able to start using a strong retinoid -- differin always left my face a flaky, oversensitive mess in the past, but I recently started using it again and applying a bit of this oil under the Differin cream. Somehow the grapeseed oil reduces the irritation so I've had almost no irritation from the Differin! (In the past I've buffered with moisturizer and with jojoba oil, and still had too much irritation with both). I was worried that it wouldn't work well as a cleanser because it feels a lot thicker than jojoba or olive oils, but it seems to dissolve my waterproof (and cleanser-proof) makeup and sunscreen and my face is left completely clean when I use this as a pre-cleanse and then a foaming cleanser. My only complaint is that it's hard to get just a little oil out of the bottle, though the design does prevent leakage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

I like this as a makeup remover and also a moisturizer. It's light, not too greasy, plus it soaks into your skin instead of sitting on top. I apply it all over my face, lay a warm washcloth over for a minute and rinse off. I don't use a soap cleanser afterwards if my skin has dry patches but I will in the summertime when my skin is oilier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nailbunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is for any Grapeseed Oil (cold-pressed is impossible to find and I've read on more than one aromatherapy website that it's actually impossible to cold press the seed as it is too small, so don't waste your money)
I get this in jug size at Culpepers, online at Quinessence or Absolute Aromas at my local health food store. I mix it 1:1 with Macadamia Nut oil for an wonderful all over moisturiser. It's amazing when I get out of the shower! I also mix Grapeseed with Macadamia Nut oil and Jojoba for use in the shower to mix with liquid soap to make it gentler and makes a great shave cream.

I used to describe my facial skin as dehydrated yet oily, clog-prone, ultra-sensitive Rosacea/Dermatitis-prone. Now, it's just soft and normal. So, I've essentially fixed my skin. There are other factors such as diet and vitamin supplements, but how I cleanse my face is an extremely important aspect:

I slather Grapeseed oil on my face and neck before getting in the shower. It keeps the tap water off my face but the heat of the steam opens my pores. When I get out, I gently wipe the oil and moisture off my face with the soft side of a cotton wool pad. I then massage a tablespoon of Grapeseed oil on my face and neck. Then I spritz Spring drinking water (Volvic) on 3 cotton wool pads until they are not drenched but quite moist (12 sprays from a small spray bottle on each) and wipe the oil off my face and neck. I spritz with the water and pat around with my fingers to tone and then moisturise with Bee Yummy Skin Food.

At night, I remove my eye makeup then slather Grapeseed oil on my face and neck; alternate between holding my hands on my face to just warm the oil and gently massaging for about 1-2 minutes. Then remove the oil with cotton wool pads as in the morning. Tone with water and then moisturise with Bee Yummy Skin Food.

For 3 months my skin has been getting better and better until now. I'm very happy with my skin now, so much so that I can walk across the street to the grocery store without makeup if I'm out of something for breakfast. It's been ages since I could do that! Grapeseed in an amazing cleanser.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Electrogirl

This review is for the Whole Foods brand grapeseed oil.

I recently started using Shiseido sunscreen, and learned that one must either use a cleansing oil or pre-cleanse with oil to get that stuff off. Well, I had a couple bottles of oil around for when I get the urge to play with aromatherapy, grapeseed and apricot kernel. I chose grapeseed as my pre-cleanse since it's lighter and has natural antioxidants.

Rubbing oil onto your face definitely feels weird. Grapeseed oil has a distinct nutty scent that I find very comforting, but I suggest you sniff before you buy. Scents are a very personal preference. Not only does it get my Shiseido off, this stuff melts off even stubborn makeup and doesn't irritate my contact-wearing eyes at all! Hasn't broken me out yet, and there's just enough left after using my foaming cleanser to make my face feel soft and moisturized. I haven't noticed any drying effect, but then my skin is quite oily to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Grapeseed oil acts like a toner plus light moisturizer for combo-oily skin which is why some below have experienced drying effects. I have been using this for two weeks already and my skin seems to have no negative effects. I have yet to see any breakouts. The only problem is the packaging. I think I need to get a dropper to pick up the perfect amount of oil. Other than that, it has a very light smell and I use this at night so that it has time to absorb until morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by chenjingyi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I am very careful about my reviews because I don't like sending out wrong informations. So, I try not write any reviews until I have been using the products at least for few weeks. I honest gave this product 5 stars because it saved my very very dry skin. Before I use this product, I have the very very dry skin. I wash my face twice by the most gentle cleanser following tons of moistures designed for dry skin. But still, it was not enough. My skin was still tight, dry and itchy. Nothing seems work on me. Then I discovered this oil on drugstore.com and decided to buy because the positive reviews. And I am so glad that I did. I use it on my damp face right after washing it. (Persoanlly, I find it works better when you apply it as the first layer of your skin care rountin rather than the last layer.) At first, it is a little greasy. Then it got absorbed into my skin and suddenly my skin is beaming with radiant that I couldn't have for years. People with true dry skin know what I am talking about. After applying this oil, I also apply alpha hydroxy acid gel, serum and sunscreen. Everything after applying the oil seems working 10 times better than before. Now I don't have itchy and tight skin anymore. Sometimes when I look at face, I even find a little oil on my face, which I love. Plus, I love the fact that I am getting more antioxidnet from this oil.
This oil is very cheap and you only need to use a little. So, try it if you are battling with dry skin.
By the way, this is not a cleanser. I don't know why it shows under the cleanser category.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No