September 17, 2014 | 1761 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not happy with this product. The two-step, which was discontinued was much better, IMO.
I saw no results with this one at all - which did surprise me because I'd read the acid in this one is stronger than in the 2-step?
It's certainly simple enough to use and a decent value. However, for me, it doesn't yield any useful results. It just simply made no difference to my skin at all.
I'm so disappointed that this replaced the 2-step, since that was HG material for me..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product I was using this product for almost a year (stopped to try new cheaper products) and started back 3 months ago. Eventhough I am 34 I still get constant break outs and this product clears up my stubborn acne. If I do get a pimple this product makes it heal fast. My pores look smaller and skin tone more even. I don't have any wrinkles yet so I can't comment on that. The only thing I don't like is that my face is a little oiler when I use this but it is not a big deal. I even have my mom using it and she likes its too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was a bit sceptical when I bought these because it just looks to me like a quickie face wipe. But the reviews on MUA were good so I thought I would give it a go. I'm glad I did because this is an excellent product that I'm sure I'll be using for a long while to come. Right from day 1 I could see an improvement in the blackheads and open pores over my nose. It does also claim to reduce wrinkles and a lot more. I'm not a believer in miracle products and I can't say I have found any improvement in this direction yet. But I am content with it as it is.

I think they are quite powerful as you get a tingling, almost stinging sensation when you use them. It recommends you use them every other day and I have stuck to this as my skin can be a bit sensitive. It is extremely easy to use, being a pad you just wipe it over your face, with the rough side on the skin. It instructs you to avoid the eye area.

I thought these were cheap when I first got them but it turns out they were on special offer - 6 for 30 pads. So, at every other day they last me about 2 months. When I went back to the site they had shot up to 18! I waited for another special offer and have now found them at 11. So it's worth hanging on for a special offer! But even at 18 I think I would continue to buy them. really pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by christinex392

I absolutely love this product. I have used this for about 3 weeks now and it has significantly reduced the amount of breakouts, in fact I haven't had a pimple since I started using it until this morning when i got one tiny pimple because I have been stressing for finals :(, but thats only one tiny pimple! If I didn't use this pimple I'd usually have a whole breakout from so much stress. Oh, and btw this is great at clearing up blemishes extremely quickly, once I put on this tonight, I know my pimple will be either gone or almost gone by the morning. This is an amazing product that is used once every other day, but I think that once I finish up this tube (which lasts forever) I will cut down to once or twice a week, so my skin doesn't get too used to the product and stop responding. Yes there is a tingle sensation when you put it on, I find it burns slightly when applied on my whiteheads or blemishes, it stings for a couple of seconds, but once I put my Clinique dramatically moisturizing lotion, it stops immediately. But please DON'T be put off by the slight tingle, trust me, it is worth it for the great results. I can't stop raving about this :P

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lewheir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm, still trying to decide if I like this. I've been using it for nearly a month, every other day, without noticeable results. I can't say my pores look more refined or my skin is breaking out less. The pimples I have had don't really disappear more quickly than usual either. On the other hand, it seems very gentle on skin. No major redness, overdrying, etc. According to my dermatologist, glycolic products are great to start using at my age (27) to help skin age well over time, so maybe I'll keep using this as a preventative treatment. The nice thing about this product is that it lasts for a while. 30 pads and I use 2-3 times a week, so it is taking me a while to get through it, which is great considering the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Asani74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product.
I bought it because so many people were raving about it on here. :o)
I am still in debate about this product. I have been using it for 2 weeks now ... and there is a slight change. I have noticed that certain blemishes I had are some what fading away. And, if you have a break out just swipe it with the little round pad and the next day it will either disappear or make it less noticable.

The only negative aspect would be that it some what tingles when I apply it and the tingling does last a few minutes afterwards. The jar does say that there will be tingling. Another negative would be that if I use this product I will NOT apply my night/eye creams. I noticed that my Origins creams do not mix with this product.

Overall it is some what okay ... but I do not think I would buy it again because of that tingling sensation. I have uber sensative skin so that could be why it seems to tingle a little to much for my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If there was any way that Avon would make this without alcohol I'd give it five lippies. I find it just a tad harsh even though it's effective. I've cut down my usage from 3x a week down to 2 and that's helped. PLEASE use your sunblock with this, just a reminder. I use a thick moisturizer after this with some Clarins Santal oil mixed in and that combats the dryness pretty well. It will make your skin look more radiant, that's true. For some people once a week will be enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ranianed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The is my 2nd favorite exfoliant ever. 1) you can buy them at $15 each and just buy 2 at a time. Avon has it on sale often enough that IVE NEVER paid more than $15 for this product. 2) avon packaging is not known for its anti contamination properties so im SUPER careful removing each pad. 3) Do not use immediately after any waxing or hair removal as may cause redness even with my SO NOT SENSITIVE skin. any questions just ask.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by abjhogan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are great! I can't use manual scrubs on my face because my skin is too sensitive. I've tried other peels and so far I'd say these have worked the best. They definitely make my skin feel smoother and have helped with break outs. If I see a pimple forming and I use these it's gone the next morning. They can be drying though so I use them every third night and follow with a heavier moisturizer. Also, the product can take a while to dry so I just rub it in and that seems to do the trick. I don't think the price is that bad for these but I've been buying them off of ebay for a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by vishs78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using these pads for a month now (every other day as directed on the box)...and i can see considerable improvement in my skin texture....and my face has a nice healthy glow. i feel like it keeps my acne under control as well....will definitely repurchase..in fact am planning to stock up on this one!!!
EDIT 07/27:-....my skin has gotten used to this after a couple of months....no more improvement in skin texture:(:(....but am planning on giving it a break and getting back.
EDIT 03/25/2010: ...have just started on MUAC's 40% glycolic peel....will do a review soon.