August 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought these when they were 75% off so got these quads for under $2 each. I ONLY bought them to use as bases for my e/s to stick to but I have to say that even at this price, it was a waste of my money. I have seen them work well on people's arms when they are doing swatches but on my lids, I didn't see much of a difference. Or even a good job adhering the e/s.

I would recommend the NYX jumbo eye pencils as bases over these. Those are $3 ea, so similar to the price I paid. I am NC35 and used Khaki Suede and Skinlights. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this in Black Magic the other day, and I love it. The colors are so beautiful, Out of all of colors the silver seems to work the best for some reason. I actually wore these today, and I haven't noticed any creasing, and it's been about 8 hours, maybe more. So these work great. I'll have to get more if I can find them. It's seems like every store I go to, to for these either don't sell them, or are out. Hopefully I can get more soon! These are awesome, totally worth trying. =}

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Gorgeous color choices. Will last okay if you use a primer first (like Too-Faced's). A lot of people like to use it as a base for powder, and then it lasts great for them without primer. Pretty inexpensive.

CONS: Need a primer to make it last or have to use it as a base. .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by gudruncaffrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought on sale - tried it - hated it - threw it in the bottom of a drawer. In the past few months I have been using them as a base for other shadows and getting some nice effects. Like it as a base -not on its own.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

Why all the hate? I am in love with these creme shadows! Yes, primer is essential but it is for any cream shadow that I use. These last well alone or with a powder shadow on top. You only need a light touch with this and effect is supposed to be subtle, if you want deep pigmentation this is not for you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

In my desperate attempt to become a drugstore girl and give up my Bobbi Brown habit I bought these on a whim last week. What was I thinking? Bobbi Brown cream shadows these are not. Truly, these things are just awful. Revlon should be ashamed to be putting out such an inferior product. There is hardly any pigment and the creasing is just ridiculous. These are going back to the store ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by snarkiest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised by all of the negative reviews of these cream shadows. They are the only "drug store" shadows I purchase and I'm sure to always keep a few of these palettes on hand. I wear them under powder shadows sometimes as bases, but I also wear them alone too. On days when I don't have much time for makeup, I can apply these very quickly and still look well put together!

I don't have any problem at all with creasing. I apply a very light coat of UDPP beneath a light layer of these cream shadows. I find the color even holds up surprisingly well. These do look fresher if reapplied after 4 hours or so, but I find this to be the case with Nars' cream shadows as well. In my opinion, these Revlon shadows perform and look just as nicely, but cost only a fraction of Nars (more color options as well)!

I would recommend you at least give these a try and apply them lightly. If you find you don't like them by themselves, chances are still good that you'll use them as bases for your favorite powder shadows. Revlon has a winner with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rvyoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product!! I bought it with hopes that it would maybe compare to my MAC paintpots...that was a big mistake. I bought the 'Va Va Va Bloom' quad. The colors are absolutely gorgeous. Application was super easy and it looked fantastic when I first put it on. But even with using UDPP before application these things creased and faded like crazy. Just a couple hours after application I needed to reapply - which I couldn't do since I was at work, so I was stuck with an awful mess on my eyelids for the remainder of my work day. Not fun. Definately do NOT recommend these for anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by TiffaniePeet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hoping for more. Like the other reviewers said, this creases like crazy, even with a base. The color does disappear and leave only shimmer, which is weird. I would not repurchase this again because even though it's my first cream shadow, I'm sure there are much better ones out there!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by danielaFC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very rich colours, i like shimmer, but this just has way too much. I have the wild orchid, I am in love with the colours but i feel like its too dramatic for everyday wear. Its also a pain to apply, a brush and sponge didnt work, even when i used my finger, it doesnt come out the way I was hoping it would.