April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love! I bought this at Sephora a while back, looking for a natural-looking, luminous highlighter (think "glowing from within" rather than "bright light glitter bomb"). The sales associate recommended NARS Albatross, saying it's hands down his favorite, most flattering highlighter. I have NC 35 skin (medium-ish, yellow undertone) and this works beautifully for me. It looks bright white in the pan, but has a subtle, golden luminous finish. I use this over blush, to highlight my cheekbones, and on the inner corner of my eyes (makes them pop!). It's very finely milled, so it does not look fake/obvious on. The price is a bit steep, but this lasts forever, as you only need to use a tiny bit each time. I recommend NARS Albatross for those with warm/yellow undertones, while those with pink undertones may want to try another NARS highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by JillianMoore528

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is definitely my holy grail highlighter. It looks amazing on my yellow toned skinned and even pink undertones skin, which is great considering most highlighters have a pinky undertone . And it lasts forever. Definitely repurchasing once I hit pan .

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by hazelblackolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When it comes to any makeup for my complexion I am all about the radiance. Think of 'supermodel on a diet of water and more water'. I try to make my face look lit up like a goddamn Christmas tree. I'm talking the works - highlighters (YES to YSL Touche Eclat, by the way), luminescent foundations and powders, etc etc. And I must say that this right here is the ticket. It looks like a frosty white in the pan but swipe this beauty across those cheek bones and say hello to a stunning golden glow. Buy now and thank me later.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is nice but not for me. i prefer pink tones for my highlight but this is too yellow and glittery for my liking. i still use it often but it's not what i reach for most of the time. if you're going to use a powder highlighter, might as well try mary loumanizer from theBalm. it's much better for a lower price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Avyola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this highlighter so much! It gives me this healthy glow which just makes me look so bright and awake. When you apply it very lightly it's gorgeous for a normal day to work/ school, but if applied a little bit heavier it is still so beautiful. For me it wins from mac's soft and gentle, although I love that one too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful highlighter, best I have ever used.
Stays on all day, I can still see it when I remove my make-up, normally blusher is entirely gone.
Highly recommend, worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Concord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally found a dupe of my beloved Poudre Blanc Neige, discontinue by Lancome some years ago. Albatross looks slighty whiter in the pan than PBN but the white-gold irridescence is spot on. I apply it with a skunk brush as an homage to Lancome who created the first duo-fibre brush to go with PBN. I use it when my blush looks too matte, I swipe it over lids and my temples blendind down and towards the nose. This is what the Snow Queen would use for bronzer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know a lot of people compare this to ELF's gotta glow, however after having and using both religiously there really is no comparison.

Og course the concepts are very similar. They are both stark goldish-white powders that when swatched and applied to the skin leave an ivory gold glow behind.

The BIGGEST difference is the texture and the way they sit on the skin and even the way the powders look in the pan.

Albatross is an extremely creamy, iridescent, satiny powder to the touch and in the pan. The texture is extremely refined and I've never ever experience fallout or powderiness with this product. Swept on the cheek it leaves a gold glow and it's looks amazing! If you apply a liquid highlighter of the same vain first and then sweep this on it intensifies the look.

ELF is very powdery and chalky. When you apply a brush in the pan powder will literally fall out and fly everywhere!!!!! and the worst thing is the finish it leaves on the cheek.

From 5 feet away it looks alright. Upon closer inspection it literally just leaves you with pieces of gold glitter all over where you applied. Even when looking at it in the pan you can see the difference between the two. ELF sparkles, and glitters, and shimmers and NARS just looks buttery and satiny.

To me the biggest difference is the glitter in the elf one. It looks extremely juvenile and like you just rubbed gold shimmer all over your cheeks.

Not a fan! Get the Nars one!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite products, I use it everyday!

Gives a nice luminous glow!

It gives a subtle white-goldish sheen with just the right amount of smoothness!

Usually I don't do well with yellow products as I am very pale with pink undertones, but with a bronzer (I use Laguna) and a peach/pink blush it looks super nice!

At first I only used it on my cheekbones, then I started using it on my lips, now I also use it on my brow bone, the corners of my eyes and my nose bone - and now pretty much all the bone in my face is covered in this sparkly godness!

The only people I would advice not to use it are people with wrinkly/flakey/acne covered skin, as it will make it even more noticeable! Or maybe advice them just to use it on their smooth features :)

I would also advice people with pink undertones to combine it with another "warm" product (like I do) to make it blend better! Otherwise go for a highlighter with pink undertones (I recommend benefits)

But for me as far as highlighters go, I dont think it gets any better than this <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Pinkqt

This is a lovely gold highlighter even though it looks white in the pan. I contoured my face with MAC harmony and used this to highlight for a fall wedding and I got tons of compliments! Gives your face a gold sheen which looks beautiful on olive skin. It has gold shimmer but it's only visible if you look really closely at the cheeks. I wouldn't use this as an all over face highlighter because of the shimmer but it's beautiful on the cheeks and inner corner of the eye. It looks a lot like my Oyster eyeshadow by Smashbox. I wouldn't buy this again just because I want to try Lorac Spotlight next!