December 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh em gee!!!! Can you say Golden Goddess in a handy dandy black compact? I have had my eye on this product for awhile, in fact probably a couple years but I never got around to purchasing it. I went to Sephora and I went to the NARS section for the first time ever lol. I always seem to forget about it for some reason, but I wanted to try the blushes. I was very impressed with the texture and pigmentation of all the blushes and had a very hard time finding the perfect one. I decided to go with "Sin". I saw Albatross and immediately wanted to swatch it. I tried it on my hand and I wasn't impressed at all. I could hardly even tell it was there! I tried to layer it on and still wasn't happy with it. I decided to buy it anyways and when I got home I put on 2-3 layers on my cheekbones and sort of blended it down slightly into my blush n apples of my cheeks. Holy batman! I have never looked so flawless! I have warm/yellow undertones and Albatross most def has yellow/golden undertones to it, and I am tan right now so it really looks phenomenal! The best way I can describe this is a candlelit glow. I truly looked like a golden summer goddess!! This powder is also very finely milled so it's not chunky at all - it's veryy smooth. It also has very tiny sparkles but I think it's very natural looking esp for these hot summer days! Don't get me wrong I still love my MAC's Soft N Gentle but Albatross is much different. I love wearing it! I feel so pretty. I also love to pop it right above my upper lip and my nose n chin, lights my whole face up! This is most def expensive but so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

NARS "Albatross" - Perfect Highlighter... No glitters, no pink tones, a sheen healthy glow in powder form. Beautiful and this compact will last me a very long time since I'm only using it as a highlight.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
It gives the perfect amount of shimmer on my face. But not shimmer in a crazy party night way, but more in a subtle golden shimmer way that compliments my medium skin tone in a perfect way.
Yes, I'm in love and it's worth every penny spent. Everyone - go buy it now!
(And I like it better than M.A.C. - Soft & Gentle, but they are in the same category!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would buy this product but I wont be going nuts if I ran out or something. It is a gorgeous highlighters and works really well.. but for my neutral undertones kinda leaning more towards warmer side I guess golden highlighter would be more flattering.. bt it does stays put in oily skin and hot weather!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this highlighter. It's simply beautiful, and personally one of my favorite Nars products. When applied to the skin it leaves a lovely golden sheen which makes the face glow. The reason I like this over other highlighters I own is because it is finely milled, where as some have flecks of glitter in them.

Also, this product is very versatile. It can be used for inner corner and brow bone highlight. Gorgeous for everyone, but especially if you have warm undertones in your skin and are slightly tan. It'll leave you looking like a summer goddess :)

All in all, this is a fantastic product. Yes, $29 is a little much for a highlighter but you get your moneys worth. I've been using this daily for almost a year and have yet to even make a noticeable dent in it. Wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm very very pale skinned, blue eyes with red cheeks, and this is a yellowish toned shimmer. It looks so natural! This was near 30$ which I don't think was THAT worth it, because it doesn't stay THAT long. But it's way better than my Physicians Formula one I got, and I don't think I'll run out soon, because you don't have to dig in the pan for color, but I'll buy another if I do! Also, the packaging is okay, good for touch-ups if you carry it with you. I never touch anything up though, so I don't use the mirror.

I have noticed that this is waaaaay to gold/yellow on me. It looks really unnatural. I am a little lighter than an NC15, and it just looks really weird on me. I'm not sure what skin tone it would look good on, but it doesn't look good on mine. Also, be sure to not apply this in a place you are trying to conceal something. It makes the pores look horrible and stand out. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a lovely highlight color, but it does have obvious glitters in it, so you dont want to overdo it with this product. It gives the skin a dewy finish, you can use it anywhere you want to have the light hit. It is a shimmery sheer white with gold reflects in it, and it looks great as an eyeshadow actually(I love gold eyeshadows). You should get it, its a great highlighting powder .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I picked this up a year ago and I kind of neglected it for a while (sorry albatross). BUT now I use it almost daily just for a hint of glow. My foundation is very matte and I need a little bit of shine to make me look alive! I use this on the tops of my cheekbones, on my brow bones and sometimes a light dab right in the centre above my upper lip.
This is a great highlighter for warmer skin tones as it has a warmer undertone in it (kind of a creamy white with a hint of yellow).
It is kind of expensive (about $40 in canada), but it lasts a very long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely highlighter but not for me. I thought the warm undertones on this product would balance my very ruddy complexion (I rival Santa Claus). Sadly, twas not the case and even a light wash gave me an unnatural, yellow finish. It also emphasized my pores. Needless to say, that is not what I was looking for. I will stick with The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer; its undertones are champagne which do not compete with the cool tones in my skin. Albatross did compete, and Albatross won the battle of making me look sallow but it did not win the war and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Crinklesinthecar

As a MAC lover I felt utterly disloyal buying from another brand but I'm so glad I did I'd been looking for the perfect highlighter for contouring and didn't want anything too glittery. This is amazing! I wore it yesterday an several people commented in how healthy my skin looked and one said I looked dewy! The packaging os compact and i really like the rubbery texture of the case. It's absolutely fantastic I will definitely repurchase and three friends have ordered it since seeing it.