November 25, 2014 | 1904 users online

Lip Treatments - BeneFit Cosmetics - Lip Plump

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by danipoops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really WANTED to like this but I just didnt :(

Disappointed - no plumping involved! Was just like a horrible dry lipgloss or whatever, horrible colour - didnt do anything for me!

x

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by MissLindseyTay

I was SO disappointed with this product. I was really excited to try this plumper not only because of the plumping- but because believe it or not- the color! I have really red lips naturally that I really don't like [I don't know why!] and I like to tone them down a bit. I put this on my lips and first noticed how it creased on my lips... then it became flaky, and I never once felt a tiny bit of tingle and it didn't make a difference to my lip size what-so-ever. I will not re purchase and I don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Did absolutely zilch for me except make me look uber ill. I have no idea why they call this a plumper...I think the idea is to make lips appear fuller by eliminating colour but the texture is thick and awful.

The Lip injection stuff (can't remember brand name) which is pinky coloured gloss DOES plump - if that is what you require.

Bad form BeneFit, get to making some products that don't actually suck!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like Marmite, some loathe it, some crave it. I'm sitting on the fence.....
If you're looking for that finish: smooth and moisturised, even and matt, bloodless lips, this does it, and at a reasonable price. Plump, no, blank, yes.
In fact, annoyingly, I have excessively plump lips (no haters, pretty please), more would border on the surgical marshmallow look. For beauties seeking to plump, it did nothing - zilch. Leave it, there are better on the market for that buxom Jolie look....
My idea for the thing was for the comments had so far, for its 'weird colour' (true, 'tis a true beige). So, to reject foundation and concealer - a no no, so drying - on my sahara lips, thus prepping and blanking out their rosiness for a smooth and hydrated base for fashionable lippie, not for layering with nudes and 'perfect matches', but for radical lipsticks in bold hues - think corals, fuschias, the palest of pinks....oh la la!
Hence my generous 4 stars, although it hardly lives up to its name. Lip Blank would be more befitting, and this it does in spectacular fashion. How neat.
Another fabulous aspect actually, is for that nude look with smokey eye - God forbid I go against the cosmetic grain and bolden both features - so its a true wonder layered with Mac Blankety and Myth, glorious beige pigments with the slightest hint of skin blush. Although they're thumbs up winners for colour, Mac's texture is a problem when used alone. With Lip Plump as a canvas though, my nudes are the nudest of nudes without telltale natural lipcolour on show. Too easy.
Also, it has that typical (read: horrid), minty zing(!) effect due to its ingredients. Mint, unless served with lamb, does nothing for me in cosmetics, even toothpaste, nonetheless, you may like. 'Tis an easy cream in a handy bottle with sponge applicator. No design faults there for me. Tops.
Play around. With Lip Plump any colour change is achievable, now that's useful if using cheaper, sheerer lipsticks. Who hasn't?

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I did not like this product at all. I was so excited - after reading about it in the Ulta buyers guide (should have been a clue) - when I bought this product. Did not apply well, was cakey, and flakey. Will never buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by 1210hotchocolat

i hated this stuff.. it doesn't do what it says it's suppose to do in terms of plumping my lips.Overall it was overpriced for smthg that just neutralizes my lips

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by julesberrys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

cakes lips like thick foundation.
This does not sink in well at all, and clusterd on my lips looks terrable. made no diffrence to my lip size. Dissapointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Pinupsundae

Everyone's said it and I'll say it again: Not a damn plumper! What a stupid name. Looks like liquid foundation, dries kind of badly and doesn't give my lips a particularly smooth base. Might work for some as a decent base, definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by artistculture

Good product. It really helps lipstick / lipgloss adhere to the lip for a longer period of time. It has a nude tone to it, and sometimes I just use that and a bit of clear gloss and voila... a nude lip look! It is also great for making the color of your lipstick or lipgloss to stay true. For example, I have highly pigmented lips, and sometimes I'll swatch a lipstick on the back of my hand, love it, buy it, use it, only to discover that it looks different on top of my very pink lips! The Benefit primer will neutralize the redness in the lip so this doesn't happen. It comes with a sponge-tip applicator, but I wouldn't use it directly on the lips!!! First of all, you don't to contaminate the product by putting the wand on your lips and then back into the tube. Second, the product has such a strong pigment that using the applicator to apply would be nude-pigment overload, and will definitely feel heavy, and foundation-like on the lips!! I put a very little amount of product on the back of my clean hands, or a sanitized palette, and apply the product on my lips with my fingers in a patting motion.
I have extremely dry lips that often peel and crack (gross, i know!)... and this primer is the only one that does dry my lips, or accentuate the dryness. I love this stuff... way better than MAC Lip Erase! Now... it doesn't have a "plumping" effect as the name suggests.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by kaaatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't get this product at all. In theory I could possibly understand how smoothing out your lips with a skin-toned primer could create a base on which to apply your lipstick for a fuller, line-free effect. However, after applying this pale yellowy-beige paint, I look ill and my lips don't look any fuller. When I try to apply lip pencil, lipstick or even pigmented gloss to mask the deathly beige colour, my applicator/lipstick gets covered in Lip Plump and very little pigment adheres to my lips. I have never had a successful application of Lip Plump after numerous attempts. This product was a complete waste of money.