October 31, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I was so averse to this shade for so long. I think initially when I tried it on it did not show up on my lips...maybe it was just a bad tube or something, but the second time I tried this I was hooked. It is the perfect MLBB or everyday lippie for me and looks great with just about any gloss on top to alter its look. My face looks completely washed out without lipstick or gloss and this is my new no fail option for everyday. It's not an exciting color by any means, but it brightens me up right away. On my nc40-42 skin it's a shade of pinky brown/rose

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by havanadaydreamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do not normally go for dark berry lipsticks, but this surprised me. It looks super dark in the tube, but is a nice berry YLBB shade on me. It looks really nice in the winter time with paler skin.

It does wear off quickly though, so that is my only problem. I have the same problem with VGV though and other lustre lipsticks. They don't last but I like the colors so I will keep buying them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 11:28:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is one of my favs from the Viva Glam lipstick collection. It looks more of a nice berry on myself yet if I apply sheerly then it looks more of a nice nude shade which is 'your lips but better' kind of look. Very versatile colour and great for fall/winter months. Will purchase this again when finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This is my everyday go-to lipstick. It's natural looking without being boring or too pale. It's slightly darker than my natural lipcolor. I wear this with MAC Half Red lip pencil and top the lipstick with Viva Glam VI gloss to give me a nude-ish lip with oomph.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Tigrou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Once again, another disappointing MAC product. I was in love with this color in the store, but since then, everytime I wear it I end up removing it and replacing it with something else. I did love the vanilla scent, and the texture is nice, but that's not enough to keep wearing a lipstick that does nothing for me. This color just doesn't work for me. This seems to happen a lot with MAC products. The MUAs suggest something, I buy it, and it ends up gathering dust in my train case. I think this color would flatter cooler-toned gals with medium to dark skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color. I especially love that I can just apply freely, like I would a lip balm, and it looks great w/o blotting. I haven't worn lipstick in years, and usually go for a gloss. When I wear lipstick, it is usually to stain my lips and wipe most of it off and top with gloss. This lipstick is completely different, I apply freely and don't feel the need to wipe or add anything else. It is very moisturizing, and while it doesn't stay super long, neither does gloss. In fact this stays longer than gloss.

This is so flattering. I bought this, and wear, with Sumptuous Olive eye shawdow. They are both great fall/winter colors..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by shung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a pale lip gal(my fav is blankety) so I've never give this color a second look before. This year MAC has so many dark lipsticks came out and I thought I am gonna give dark lip a try... After trying so many from the collections I just can't find one that I feel comfortable enough wearing. Finally a MA show me this one and WOW... I can never imagine this lipstick can look this good and I've been ignoring it for so long. I even love it more than VGV. This is my winter dark lip this year :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by UTgirl

I LOVE this shade! I was looking for a lipstick to just enhance my natural lipcolor. I found a couple of the other Viva Glam shades to be either too pale or too dark/bright. But this one is perfect. You can put it on lightly to just enhance your own lipcolor, or put it on a little heavier for a darker shade. I didn't even know it had shimmer in it until I read it on here. So don't let the "lustre" or talk of shimmer scare you away. Oh, another plus is that it doesn't dry out my lips. The staying power isn't fabulous, but I'm still very pleased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 12:30:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

THIS, along with my Viva Glam V, is my NEW HG LIP STICK!! I am so thankful for my MAC MA who told me that V & VI were great natural lip stick colors, and I loved how they looked on her hand (she swatched it on the back of her hand), so I bought both of them.

This lip stick goes on so smoothly, more so than the VG V, and while it looks very dark in the box, it goes on nicely with a lip brush. It is not sticky, unlike MAC's Lip Glasses, and stays on for a good amount of time. The color is just a tad darker than my normal lip color and I look so sophisticated with no eye make up and only this lip stick! I am overjoyed with helping out those with HIV/AIDS while enjoying this lip stick all the same!

EDIT: Moved from 5 to 4 lippies. This lip stick makes me look like I'm wearing red lip stick. Granted that this was the effect it had on me when I was in a party and where there was a lot of flash in a rather dark background. I don't like wearing red lippies, so I won't repurchase this again, sad to say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by banana_008

This is exactly what I wanted MAC 'O' to be like. Viva Glam VI is a sheer warm berry that can be made more red or more plum or rose depending on how you wear it. It looks great on it's own, with liner and with gloss. It's definately warm though, so I do have to be careful what blush I pair it with. Plumfoolery is a good match but so are NARS Outlaw, Oasis, and Lovejoy. This lustre lipstick also has a much smoother texture than most. This is now my favourite product out of the Viva Glam line.