MAC Viva Glam VI

4.3

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I love this. I went in looking for a pink with a bit of warmth and this fit the bill perfectly. It goes with plums, browns and greens - perfect. However, I don't get any of the brown or nude in the lipstick that a lot of gals are seeing, at least not on my NC/W 15 skin. On me this is a semi-bright, neutral gardenia pink that fades to an "I've been eating Mr. Freezie's" pink stain on my lips. It may sound childish, but it looks lovely.

I love the look of it on my lips, think it is smoothing and provides fullness. I don't get much staying power with this one, but it's better than most lustres. I think it's great and I wear it quite a lot this spring.

I'm actually going back in tomorrow to see if there are any left because I'm afraid of running out!

edit April 27/09. I Bought more than one back up because I wear this all the time! Love it!!!! I keep one in my purse always. Fabulous shade. I think they should break the rules just this once and make this LE a regular item.

Edit: Oct. 09. If you are looking for a fantastic, pigmented gloss in the same shade as this lipstick, see Bloom's Cutie Pie. Pricey, but gorgeous. Now that Viva Glam VI is a regular item I have relaxed and can comfortably wear it as much as I want, which is often, instead of sparingly as I was for fear my stash (4) would run out. It's on of my top 5 all time favourite lippies.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite of all Viva Glam lipsticks. It looks plummy brown on my lips. I find it neutral enough to wear during the day. It's also very moisturizing. I love it enough that I'd probably get another one soon. For reference, I have olive skintone with yellow undertones and this looks natural on me.

Very nice YLBB, darker and a bit more intense than Viva Glam V. I like it but it doesn't last and tends to "bleed" outside the lips. The formula is a bit too soft IMO but not drying. I would probably re-purchase. In general, I like MAC's lipsticks very much. My only criticism is they don't seem to have much staying power.

I looove this color--it's the perfect shade for me. I told the MUA that I was looking for a nice neutral shade that I could wear as kind of a basic nude lip--I have pretty pigmented lips and normal nudes make me look like I have no lips at all! She pulled out Viva Glam VI and it was love at first sight! The only reason I have taken off a lippie is because it is slightly drying. I definitely will have to wear it over a balm or put some gloss on top. Otherwise, I love it and it'll be a must-repurchase for me!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I don't know why I was so averse to this shade for so long. I think initially when I tried it on it did not show up on my lips...maybe it was just a bad tube or something, but the second time I tried this I was hooked. It is the perfect MLBB or everyday lippie for me and looks great with just about any gloss on top to alter its look. My face looks completely washed out without lipstick or gloss and this is my new no fail option for everyday. It's not an exciting color by any means, but it brightens me up right away. On my nc40-42 skin it's a shade of pinky brown/rose

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not normally go for dark berry lipsticks, but this surprised me. It looks super dark in the tube, but is a nice berry YLBB shade on me. It looks really nice in the winter time with paler skin.

It does wear off quickly though, so that is my only problem. I have the same problem with VGV though and other lustre lipsticks. They don't last but I like the colors so I will keep buying them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of my favs from the Viva Glam lipstick collection. It looks more of a nice berry on myself yet if I apply sheerly then it looks more of a nice nude shade which is 'your lips but better' kind of look. Very versatile colour and great for fall/winter months. Will purchase this again when finished.

This is my everyday go-to lipstick. It's natural looking without being boring or too pale. It's slightly darker than my natural lipcolor. I wear this with MAC Half Red lip pencil and top the lipstick with Viva Glam VI gloss to give me a nude-ish lip with oomph.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Once again, another disappointing MAC product. I was in love with this color in the store, but since then, everytime I wear it I end up removing it and replacing it with something else. I did love the vanilla scent, and the texture is nice, but that's not enough to keep wearing a lipstick that does nothing for me. This color just doesn't work for me. This seems to happen a lot with MAC products. The MUAs suggest something, I buy it, and it ends up gathering dust in my train case. I think this color would flatter cooler-toned gals with medium to dark skin tones.

Love the color. I especially love that I can just apply freely, like I would a lip balm, and it looks great w/o blotting. I haven't worn lipstick in years, and usually go for a gloss. When I wear lipstick, it is usually to stain my lips and wipe most of it off and top with gloss. This lipstick is completely different, I apply freely and don't feel the need to wipe or add anything else. It is very moisturizing, and while it doesn't stay super long, neither does gloss. In fact this stays longer than gloss.

This is so flattering. I bought this, and wear, with Sumptuous Olive eye shawdow. They are both great fall/winter colors..

Recommended for Medium Skin