December 21, 2014 | 1312 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by muffingrl

Some background info: NC20-25 skin, combo/oily, not sensitive/acne prone.

I bought this foundation at Target for about $13, which is quite expensive for a "drugstore" brand foundation, but it is superior in quality. The packaging is very retro and expensive looking, quite Chanel-esque. The product is housed in a frosted glass jar with a shiny laquered lid and a little plastic spatula to help scrape the product from nooks and crannies. I have the color 15 Buff, which is the 2nd lightest color out of about 7 shades, anyone over NC35 will have trouble finding a match. Also, all the shades are quite yellow-based, therefore, cool-toned ladies are also deprived. Aside from the limited color selection, the actual product is quite good. The mousse texture of this foundation is extremely smooth and blendable, and it leaves behind a very matte finish. I am oily in the t-zone so I appreciate the oil control, however, I find the finish a little TOO matte, it makes my skin look very flat and 2-dimensional, which I don't prefer. I don't even find the need to even set this because it is so matte. Given the texture, it does accentuate dry patches like crazy, so this is better suited for normal-oily skin types, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before application. This product has amazing longevity, it lasts for a full 8-hour shift (I am a barista), which is great. I did apply this with my fingers when I first got it, but I found that I always used too much product and I couldn't get an even coating. It wasn't until I used a dense, flat top brush that I got the perfect amount of coverage with the minimal amount of product. And honestly, you need the tiniest amount to cover your entire face, this is a medium-full coverage foundation and it is very buildable. So if you are warm-toned, combo/oily, and light to medium, give this foundation a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kaypeax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this product and was so disappointed when I saw how it made my face look. I DID like the container and the small spoon it came with and how it felt on my face but the consistency just made my face look weird! Definitely caked around imperfections and it made the area between my eyebrows look nasty!! It caked there and forget it if you have stray hair from not waxing or plucking everyday it will make your face look awful and accentuate your incoming little hairs. If you wax or pluck everyday I guess this is for you. Too bad because I really wanted to love this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by aeg123

This foundation is AMAZING! I've tried so many foundations and I found this at my local target and decided to try it and now I'm hooked! I won't be using anything else.The consistency is very smooth and light and feels like there's nothing on your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromMichigan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this foundation. The consistency is perfect to cover any redness and provide a consistent finish for a truly flawless look. The packaging could be better but for such a great product I will wear for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by beann1210

I like this foundation! A year ago my skin was damaged by a laser "treatment", and ever since, it's been very hard for me to find products that work for me. For starters, I now have this red hue to my face, and the yellow base to this foundation helps even out the reddness in my skin. I also now have large pores, which most foundations just make look worse. This foundation tollerates my skin's orange-peel texture well. It took me a few tries to get the application just right. The first time I put it on, I thought I just spent more money on another another product that did nothing to help me. But I later figured out that this foundation should be applied very sparingly. A little goes a very long way. Another thing I found is that this foundation is not for drier skin. I normally have normal to oily skin, but with the use of Retin A, I often get the flakeys. This foundation makes the dryness just shout out, "Here I am, everyone!" To fix this problem I just use an extra drop of emu oil along with my vitamin c serum and that does the trick. I love using the emu oil because my skin really drinks it up. But before, with other foundations, I couldn't use the oil in the morning because it made my face too slick. It works very well with this mousse. I only reason that I gave this product a 4 is that I really don't like wearing foundation. I much more prefer a tinted moisterized. But, because of the laser damage, it is now a must. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by NashvilleBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful velvet/powder finish - Looks great on the skin and offers medium coverage. Downfalls = not terribly long lasting (but no mousses seem to be) and limited color choices. And a little hard to find (some but not all Targets)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by bingo8093

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is AMAZING. I have tried so many different foundations, from Clinique to Revlon, and I've found that this one provides the best coverage for the longest time. I put this on in the morning with a wedge sponge, then set it with my Sonia Kashuk bronzer, and it gives me flawless skin for the whole day. What makes me really happy about this product is how little you have to use to get full coverage; one jar lasts me at least 3 months. At $13, it's the best money I've ever spent on make-up, and I swear by it. The trick is to use only a little at a time--a little goes a LONG way! I think the reason a lot of people on here say that this foundation looks cakey on them is because they're using far too much. It's a medium to full coverage foundation, so don't go crazy on the amount that you use!

*Update* It's been over a year and I still LOVE this foundation! Seriously, girls, give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation gets rated with an excellent safety rating on EWG.org which is why I first purchased it. I've been using it for a short time and am falling in love with it. Was using Revlon Colorstay for years - my skin is oily and sensitive, have some larger pores - this foundation looks beautiful. Smooth. I'm so far very pleased with it! After a few hours - this foundation looks even better. Wow. Will update -
UPDATE - a week later and still loving this. In fact going to add a star. BUT - I called Boots and they are discontinuing the colors that I use. I mix two colors together to get the perfect shade - New Ivory and Blond. So I've purchased 2 more bottles of each. I'm getting more compliments on my skin then I ever have. A beautiful foundation!
UPDATE #2 -Still love this foundation - hope they never discontinue. The trick is - moisturize first. Then apply a thin layer using a flat foundation brush. If you need more, layer it but start with a little. Great product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by iamsri92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference, I have pretty oily skin and many acne scars. The amount of zits I actually have has gone down, but I still have really dark spots from previous pimples. Also, I consider myself fairly medium toned (I'm usually a shade darker than most brands' "tan" tones) and I have yellow undertones.

PROS:
-Yellow undertone (this fits my shade PERFECTLY)
-Very light-weight
-Very matte
-Fairly opaque (I do have to apply a bit more around the darker scars, but I don't wear concealer, so that might be why.)
-Doesn't cake

CONS:
-Not transfer-resistant (for something this light-weight and non-cakey, you have to expect this). I solve this problem by using L'Oreal's Studio Secret No. 1 Primer which is AMAZING. It makes my foundation last for about 6 hours as opposed to the 3 or 4 it would last otherwise.
-NOT FOR DRY SKIN. I had a dry spot, and this foundation made it look terrible. I repeat, THIS IS NOT FOR DRY SKIN.
-Price. I got mine at Target for $13, which may not be a whole lot, but since Target usually carries drugstore brans, this is pricey.
-Small color range. This isn't really a problem for me, even though I am the darkest shade available because I don't really get darker over the summer, but if you have medium-dark to dark skin you won't find your shade.

All in all, I think this foundation is worth going back to because of it's amazing consistency and lightness (I hate the feeling of make-up on my face), perfect match to my skin tone, and ability to keep my face matte over the day (though I have to contribute some of that to my primer as well).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by dina32

I used like this foundation since i looked at ingredients and i found that 7 of them is cause cancer.My health is No1 to me so far.I found many naturale things around and im enjoying...:)