October 31, 2014 | 933 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ChloeNagaer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst foundation ever! i bought this just for a light coverage and it felt like grease was on my face! i made my face look oily, overall it was not a good foundation at all. They didnt really give you much for what you pay for!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by bubblegumdayz

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cindynkd

I'm surprised at all the poor reviews on this product but I think it's because a lot of women haven't explored the foundation enough in their trial. Also, this foundation is best on even textured skin.. it may get caught and cakey on any blemishes.

I will say this, this foundation WILL make you look CAKEY if you don't moisturize before putting on or if you apply it with the sponge it comes with. I highly suggest you wear lotion or moisturizer before applying and use a duo-fibre stippling brush! :)

The sponge is a waste of product seeing as many complain of the lack of product. I think this is a marketing scheme for most brands to make you re-buy the product sooner. The truth is that there isn't much product because you don't need it!

It will also look OILY on areas where you develop oil if you don't set the foundation with the slightest bit of powder. You only need a little powder for this foundation to make it last all day long. It's supposed to have a dewey finish on its own but I noticed that it tends to budge if you don't set it. The finish is still satiny though after I set with powder.

I moisturize just before stippling this foundation on, then blending in big circles all over this face. I've worn it once without moisturizing and I will admit it looked pretty cakey/powdery and terrible. If I layer moisturizer before, it looks flawless and extremely natural. I've never been a fan of foundation.. I actually haven't been able to find one I could stand until this one! It covers up all redness and looks like I have naturally flawless and even skin. Then I usually set it with a powder brush and Sally hansen's face powder or MAC's Prep and Prime powder.

I am finishing up my sample size but I really do love it! I use so little product each time to cover up my entire face (literally use barely any product!.. with the brush that is. I never use a sponge!) that I may either invest in a full size version to last for a looong time or buy the $10 because it's affordable. I don't think the price is too bad for a little amount of product I need but it is hefty for a foundation in general. I think it'd be more reasonable if it was more like $20 for the foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by sasflynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible, horrible stuff. I don't understand how anyone can wear this, ok so the packaging is cute but that's where the positives end for me I'm afraid. The colour range is absolutely appalling and it is so cakey. Reminds me of the stuff theatre actors use for on stage under the spot lights, just absolute crap, sorry benefit. Do not use if you value your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Awful stuff. I wanted to like it but it was cakey for me also and they don't make a color close enough to my skin tone. Will never repurchase. I took it back to Sephora, just bought the $10 size to try it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by mauvellous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. It's very greasy, made me look cakey on the normal parts of my skin, and accentuated the dry areas. Not to mention, the medium shade is a tad too orange for my NC25 skintone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by brightsonrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS: You can get even, full coverage from just a small amount of the product. A little goes a long way with this one! Additionally, the unique formula goes from a cream to a silky powder in no time at all.

CONS: It made my face look greasy, oily, shiny -- whatever you want to call it, that's what this product did to me. There was a strange smell to it as well, and it managed to look makeup-y on my skin, even though the packaging promised something more natural.

I'm so glad that I received this as a sample instead of buying it. I'm not a foundation girl to begin with, and Some Kind-A Gorgeous really cemented that for me (even though it's a "foundation faker"). None of the colors seem to meet the requirements of my skin tone and the greasiness was a huge turn-off. While I really wanted to like it, I just didn't, but maybe this will work for others.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not really a huge fan of this product ! I have a few friends who swear by it and find that it is the perfect foundation ! I beg to differ. I found it made my oily parts ridiculously oily and made the bits of dry skin I have really stand out. This product hade my skin break out slightly so I discontinued use of it and it now takes place at the back of my foundation drawer. I don't like that they only carry 3 shades, I got medium as it was purchased in the summer and I had a bit of colour to my skin. I don't think I would reccomend this product to anyone, unless they already had perfect/flawless skin !

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Sesed

I registered just to review this product as I am very disappointed. I paid 34 euro for this and two weeks later it's almost gone and I haven't used it every day. It is too light you would need to have perfect skin already for it to work. I have tried using it as per some tip I've read in other reviews such as layering it and I still think it's rubbish.

The colour is very light (I bought thelightest shade as I am quite pale) and I had to use it with another foundation to make it work and look halfway decent. Would not buy it again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

i got a sample size of this in a benefit set and im glad i didnt buy the full size. i wasnt even interested in the product but since it came in a kit i decided to try just because. its supposbly a cream to powder foundation so i thought thered be at least some coverage... nope. no coverage at all. it has a weird texture and i hated how it felt on my fingers and face. i believe theres only three shades. the packaging is super cute though.