September 1, 2014 | 2082 users online

Foundations - Yves Saint Laurent - Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I wouldn't purchase this because 1) it doesn't last the day (disappears after 4-5 hrs) hence I have to put powder on top and even then it becomes blotchy as the day goes on, 2) the pricetag (@ $65 Cdn (before taxes), and 3) it looks like I'm wearing makeup because it has a tendency to look cakey and unnatural. I really liked the feel of this makeup though - as its name suggests it does make the skin very nice and soft to the touch. I also like the packaging (on/off control tube) minus the built-in brush (which is useless and unhygenic). The good part is it didn't break me out even though it is not oil-free, but it is non-comedogenic which is what matters. This is going back though due to the high price and low endurance/blotchiness. By the way, I wore #5 Peach which is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by sarahbia

I feel compelled to review this product because it is so bad. I bought this foundation in shade 3 yesterday. When the counter assistant put the foundation on me it looked a little chalky but I thought that this probably down to the fact that she didn't remove my make up properly before applying it and because she used way too much product on my face.

I bought it despite her terrible sales technique because a friend recommended it and the range of shades is quite good for pale skin such as mine. Big mistake. I applied it this morning and despite being far more sparing with my application the foundation appears heavy and powdery looking, does not cover spots and looks cakey around my nose. I just removed it and reapplied again and it still looks equally terrible.

The brush is probably very unhygenic particularly if the foundation does last for 7 months (?!) as the YSL assistant dubiously claimed. It is also difficult to control the amount of product released as the brush obstructs your view somewhat.

All in all a complete waste of money. I wish I had bought the Chanel which was too dark for my skin rather than this chalky, cakey stuff. Maybe if you already have perfect skin it wouldn't be so bad but if you have any dry patches at all I would avoid this like the plague.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by LornaRestall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product three times, and in between tried other brands but i have always come back to ysl's perfect touch foundation.

It gives great coverage, when first applied it gives you a very 'air brushed' looked, skin looks luminous,radiant and flawless!! but after a few hours this finish sorta fades plus it may be a bit too heavy for those who like a natural glow look.

The packaging could be better as its just a plastic container, but i guess it has to be like this because it has an applicator brush on it. I do find the applicator brush useful because it allows me to apply my foundation quickly and you don't have to mess around with separate foundation brushes or fill your fingers with foundation. But if you already own a nice foundation brush, you may prefer to continue using that instead because its probably better quality!

It lasts longer than other foundations in this price range (£30 - £35) because its a 40ml bottle whereas most others are only 30ml!

Even thought this is the best foundation I've found so far, i think some days it can look a bit too dark on me or it doesn't quite go on right.....although this is probably when I'm having a bad skin day, as i have sensitive dry skin!

I tried a NARS foundation and a Chanel foundation in between using YSL's but i found i much preferred YSL's. It can get expensive and frustrating trying to find a better foundation and then realizing you were happier with the previous brand, so i haven't bothered trying another brand yet as I'm pretty sure this is the best i will ever find for this price range!

I've recently gone back to this review and thought i should add this bit at the end!

I decided to try MACs studio sculpt because as i said sometimes i thought i could still find a better foundation, and i was actually pleased!
(read mac studio sculpt review) I will probably continue to buy MACs foundation because its £10 cheaper than perfect touch and gives pretty much the same or maybe even better results.

After i bought another bottle of YSL i found that when first applied it would give you an amazing look, but after a few hours this finish would start to fade...and would need a lot of tocuhing up from their touche eclat concealer/highlighter, to keep it looking good. The brush made the foundation sometimes hard to blend, sometimes i would notice patches of orange across my jaw line if i hadnt quite blended it in properly.

But the main reason i wanted to try another foundation was because of how long it lasted on my skin, it would be fine for about 6 hours in the day time if i didnt touch my face atall...but if i was watching tv and had my face on a pillow...for example...it would then wear off and look crap!! (altho this might be the same for all foundations??) but aswell when i applied it before going out on the nights, even after i applied 2 coats of it, it really wouldnt last in hot clubs, my face would because shiny and red..especially my nose..which looked awful! this also tended to happen if it was a really hot day outside...so really i wanted to find a foundation that would stay put better than this!

So far i think MAC does last longer because its thicker...the finish isnt quite so nice but when its £10 cheaper i dont really mind, especially as this radiant effect didnt last long with perfect touch...I've only been using MAC for a week, so i may come back to edit again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by meerabel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is so fussy so I've always stuck to safe, tried-and-tested products by Laura Mercier, Clarins and Revlon. This is the first time I've used a foundation by Yves Saint Laurent, and I'll definitely be going back.
This is a beautiful foundation for a number of reasons:
1) The finish. This was the first reason I was dying to buy this foundation as soon as I saw it. Like the Touche Éclat, it gives a sort of dreamy, soft-focus finish that is dewy and radiant. I'm a fan of this look over matte, so I was sold immediately. It evens out my skin tone so I have an all-over satin-y finish.
2) The packaging. I'm totally mystified as to the complaints about the brush head! Granted, the gimmick was a primary selling-point for this lazy consumer - that said, I was wary about the brush after reading all these negative reviews. But as it turned out, I love it! It's silky and blends so easily, never streaky. I guess it depends on the user's skin, so do give it a test-run in the store before buying.
*note* Hygiene is an issue here, especially as the closed bottle provides a lovely breeding ground for germs, so I wash it after every use. Very simple - switch it to 'OFF' (another great feature), work in some mild shampoo, rinse clear, and leave to dry overnight.
3) The formula. My combination skin is very prone to breakouts, but this product is non-comedogenic so I hoped for the best (I'd rather it was oil-free too, but you can't have it all). I've been using it for a few weeks and not had any problems - if anything, I love how it makes my skin feel. The foundation contains a "baby-skin" complex which is supposed to improve the condition of skin, and my skin does feel surprisingly baby-soft when I wear it.
4) The shades. The foundation is available in 14 different shades, in both pink and yellow tones, so I think there is one for everyone. The MUA initially tried #5 Peach on me, which did blend in naturally with my "winter" olive complexion. My face generally tends to be lighter than the rest of me though and I do tan very easily, so I went for the next shade up - #6 Gold Beige - which blended in even better and didn't leave me with a white face. It looks like my skin, only better!

Here are the cons:
*The coverage is going to be lacking for some of you. If you have blemishes, note that this probably will not hide them. When I tried it in the store, the MUA applied a thick layer and I hated it - it covered more that way sure, but you could tell I was wearing a lot. I don't like a heavy coverage so I use foundation for an even finish, and use concealer on individual blemishes. This way, my skin looks flawless and natural.
*It's on the pricey side. I paid £30, although I'm told if you're lucky you can pick up your shade on eBay for half that.
*Other reviewers have commented on the smell. I don't hate it, as a lot of people seem to, as I don't mind melon scents. This is quite strong though, and I imagine particularly off-putting because it throws you off-guard - "why does my foundation smell of melon??" It's a far-fetched theory, but I wonder if the smell was added to represent the "baby skin" complex - as in, that's not melon, that's breast milk. I've probably put you all off buying it now. Really, it's not so bad.
*It's not oil-free, as I've mentioned. It's fine now in the winter, when my skin is a little drier, but I can see it being a problem in the summer. If it is, I'll probably switch to the brand's oil-free Matt Touch foundation - YSL have made me a believer!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I treated myself to a few YSL products before my wedding this year.

The counter girl give me a shade alot darker than i would usually pick so i did freak out the first time i used it myself, i have to say though she was right i always pick the lightest shade and it was a shock at first but i look much better with the darker peachy shade.

The foundation goes on very light but is easy to build up coverage as you need it - i'm a sheer girl myself but on occasion like to vamp it up so it's suits me great.

The brush is totally useless, i have my own foundation brush which works much better than the one provided. I like many other here cut the bristles off to make accessing the foundation easier.

I have said i would not repurchase as i feel it's expensive and teh brush is a gimmick; i would certainly reconsider this if they got rid of the brush and dropped the price a little accordingly as i do really like the glow i get when i wear this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I tried this product
this is so Light but cover , look very natural it has a beautful smooth texture to it,this brighten your skin and it last all day , my husband has commented on how gorgeous I look ,well it got to be worth it hehehe I bought mine on ebay in number 6 which is a perfect colour for me I paid £12.00 which was a bargin worth every penny this could be my HG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in #1, which is an ivory with a touch of pink (#1 in YSL Teint Resist is the perfect ivory, not yellow or pink). The color is a nice match for my NC15 skin. The product is very nice. On me, the coverage is definitely better that Teint Resist. The reason that I write the review is because I have tried Teint Resist with high expectations and I didn't like it, and I found out that Perfect Touch, compared to Teint Resist, deserves a positive review! Well, the foundation is lightweight, coverage is light (not too light) but definitely buildable, it doesn't look cakey or oily and at this time it would be maybe the best choice to wear under powder foundations (I can't stand the feel of the powder directly over moisturizer, so I need a very light layer of liquid foundation which doesn't feel or look cakey, and this product does this well), I said it would be the best choice if it wasn't for the packaging... I really hate it! I can feel that it is not at all hygienic, it causes the liquid after a while to smell like a slightly rotten melon, instead of the fresh watermelon scent that it has at first.Too bad, due to the packaging I will not buy it again (I don't want to use a scissor or anything, I find this brush disgusting), and this is unfair for the actual product, which is really nice and, in my opinion, MUCH better than the newer Teint Resist!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fleurage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just bought it and I'm in between 3 and 4 shades, 4, which is Sand is a little too yellow on me and 3-Opal a little too pale, so I blend them together, I will write about my results later, so far it is really nice, better than by Terry Fluid Foundation and Color Skin Enhancer I used the last two years.
I also got the Top Secrets Pore Refining Skincare Brush, will write about it later as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hadn't bought a foundation in agesssss as I was using By Terry Touch Expert concealer in #2 as a foundation. The SA at Sephora tried this on me (after freaking out that they don't stock By Terry anymore and he tried to calm me down) and I really really liked it!!! I bought #5 and it is EXACTLY the same colour as my skin which makes it look sooooo natural. It is not heavy at all, however I suppose one could layer it on for more coverage. My nightmare is if a foundation seeps into fine lines and cakes, but this doesn't at all and it looks so natural.
I apply the product on my skin, smooth it out with a foundation brush by MAC and then blot and pat with a sponge.
I rarely use powder with this as it is also matte, but does not dry out my dehydrated skin in the least. I am very very happy with it.
Retails in Greece for: 39.64 euros (about 57.00 US$)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 3:42:00 AM More reviews by Juicy_TNA

Got a sample of this in #5 and it matched my skin flawlessly! This evens out my complexion and takes away red-tones without looking overdone and cakey. It gives a good medium coverage which can be built up. I wore this out on NYE and I looked awesome in the photos. This foundation is worth the hype - SANS the built-in brush which I'd rip off as soon as I get it. Not only would it be more sanitary, you'd also be saving on a lot of product for use. Make sure you shake before you use as the properties in the foundation tends to separate. PArtied from till 4am and found some oilies in the t-zone but a lil powder would take care of it.