Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush

4.4

on 9/12/2006 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Chanel Joues Contraste has the silkiest texture and most wonderfully pigmented powder blush. The color and shimmer blend beautifully and create glowy radiance to complexion. The black square packaging and velvet pouch gives very chic and elegant Chanel signature look. Very beautiful! ♥
(31.50/4g)
Brume d'Or: Shimmery caramel
Orchid Rose: Shimmery pale beige pink
Reflex: Shimmery golden peach

on 8/7/2006 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

About six months ago, I developed a big lemming for anything chanel. I have since given away all of my chanel products, except for the reflex blush (I'm addicted to anything peachy). As for the blushes, I could not get over the fragrance. Fantasia and rose bronze were too pigmented, leaving my cheeks unusually flushed. I think that Chanel offers great shades, but if you're into the natural look (like me), try BB or Mercier. The domes of the blushes cracked after just one application and the texture is not nearly as soft as MAC sheertone blushes.

on 5/15/2006 7:54:00 PM

Oh, Chanel, how I love thee? Let me count the ways! Your blush and lipstick are unlike anything on this Earth! Whereas other high-end rouges only give beautiful pigment that sit on top of the cheek, your blush melts into the skin and and delivers a glow that seems to come from within. And your lipstick-- words. cannot. describe! the velvety rich creme that envelops my lips as I apply you. Oh, and how I love your packaging! So smart, so sophisticated! It is mesmerizing to stare into the dark shine of your blush compact and to feel the slight beveled edge. The gleam of the interlocking CC insignia may appear showy and pretentious to some-- and it can be. But for the girl like me who buys you only as a rare treat, that gleam is magical.

Chanel, you are worth every penny.

on 3/13/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I'm currently using 98 Fantasia and i'm pretty neutral about it - while the color is very sheer and glowing and the blush itself lasts a decent while - the brush sucks and is practically useless.

on 12/9/2005 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought number 50 DESERT in Europa, it is an excellent shimmery color, all summer I use Guerlain terracotta in winter when I have lighter skin I use this one and each time I put this on my skin I see a huge difference..very very nice colour and texture.

on 9/2/2005 6:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used "Tempting Beige" for the last 15 years and I guess I always will. The color itself doesnt really look exciting in the compact but it gives me just a hint of sheer blush on my cheeks and it stays on for hours. Chanel "probably" makes the world best blushes. I like other blushes from brands like Guerlain, YSL, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, MAC, Sisley, Christian Dior and Bourjois but Chanel blushes are the best. Of all the Chanel blushes, I think Tempting Beige compliments all skin tones. My cousin, who has fair skin, looks great with it too. (I am NC 25). Reflex, Rose de File, Candy, Orchid Rose, and Rose Cache look very nice on me as well. For those who are new to these blushes, I highly recommend trying Tempting Beige or Candy. These 2 blushes may look matte in the pan but they are not. Those shimmers are very fine and subtle. There is no true matte blushes from Chanel.

on 8/17/2005 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

These blushes are so weird. They are different to anything on market. I dont think they feel exlusively silky and smooth to touch. They feel rather rough to touch and look at the surface too! It does not look smooth at all! Is this supposed to stay on? The feeling here is so dry. But once I apply I am amazed how it looks. I have never come across a blush that looks so natural and not makeupey. All the colors I have gives you that inner glow thing that blush is supposed to give you and even the peachyer shades Reflex and Fantasia work for me. Reflex gives you peachy pink cheeks whick and Fantasia makes me look like have been at the beach resulting that rosy tan glow. Both come with that glow thing. I am very pale skinned and I guess I get naturally pink cheeks but I dont want to look all pink all the time. I might try the Caprice next tho. I dont mind the rose scent at all because all other blushes look like makeup I can live with the smell.

on 5/13/2005 5:35:00 PM

I have had 4 of these blushes. I have had Crepitant (swapped away), Reflex, Fantasia and Golden Sun. Fantasia, Reflex and Golden Sun are all sheer. I dont think they are silky as Lancome blushes and many lower end blushes. But they look more beautiful and natural on as you need to layer the color. The sheerer textures are also foolproof. I have experienced that many blushes that are very smooth and silky look unnatural on. These are all glowy and last long time on me. I think Clinique blushes have similar texture. I love Clinique blushes too. There is also this one shade that had and obviously different texture to these other three. The shade Crepitant was more finely milled, very pigmented and silky than the sheer versions of blush. It was sure very pigmened but shade was just a little too much for my PPP skin. Would I buy again? Yes.

on 3/26/2005 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this in #12 Souffle. Looks dark in the compact but on cheeks it is a beautiful warm yet irridescent tawny-rose hue. Stunning for Winter/Fall. Makes your complexion really glow which is rare for blushes to do! Goes on smoothly with just the right amount of pigment. Looks great when I have less of a tan. It has made me a die-hard fan of Chanel blush!

on 3/25/2005 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in cocoa, and it's a very pretty pink-brown-tiny bit of orange color with no shimmer, very matte. Beautiful.