October 30, 2014 | 1547 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jennclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light concealer with a very watery, liquidy consistency. The coverage is comparable to a high coverage foundation. It is water based so it does not last long and It has a very "classic makeup" scent to it. Its also really hard to keep this from slipping, fading and CREASING underneath the eyes so you have to powder it, and even then, good luck keeping it from creasing. I much prefer MAC's mineralize concealer to this. Although this one does come with A LOT of product. I had a nice run with this product, but I've found better concealers and with not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by materialface

This is a good concealer for a few reasons. This isn't my favorite because I've tried other concealers that are much better (bobbi brown, maybelline dream lumi, revlon photoready, .the balm, laura mercier).

pros:
- good price point for the amount of product in the tube. I've had my current tube for a year now and i have 3/4 left.
- packaging is nice and the squeeze tube is great because the hole is tiny to control how much you take out

cons:
- if you have bad under eye circles and heavy discoloration like me,
this won't do much for you UNLESS you use a correcting concealer first (yellow or green) to cancel out the darkness.
- this is a good spot treatment concealer for blemishes. the consistency is good so your blemishes aren't left looking cakey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i actually gave it to my friend for free after i use it 2 times ( really a waste of money)i really dont know how poeple loves this !!
it is either i dont kow how to use or it is not good for my skin type
it is so hard to blens and it settles into my fine lines and i tried to blend it with everything but nothing works( brosh, fingers, foundation brush sponge )
it dries soooooo quiecly and it is so sheer it doesnt cover anything although i dont have dark circles just a littel to hide and it did nt
for me it was the worst ever
no offinding thouht i know there are alot of poeple conceder it as HG concelores i am sorry it did not work for me at all

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great concealer. It's one of my two favourite concealers that I pretty much use as foundation and while this one is more expensive, the little tube lasts forever and a tiny amount goes pretty far. It also covers better and has more staying power.

I have very dark circles around my whole eye and I like a super natural, no-makeup look so I'm really picky about concealers and most are too heavy or drying for me.

This one does have a tendency to look a little dry on it's own but when I use coconut oil as a moisturizer under it and put it on before the coconut oil dries it gives a more dewy, natural result. It also took me a while to figure out that I don't need much (even though I do need a lot of coverage) and to blend it out like a foundation instead of patting it on gives a more natural result as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using the Skin79 Orange BB Cream and when I use it under my eyes it tends to crease so I decided to get this concealer since it's matte. I apply the bb cream all over and a thin layer under my eyes just to give it a little moisture and then I put on this concealer and it works great! No creasing! It definitely covers my darkness under my eyes too. I love that it's really easy to blend and doesn't crease like the Studio Finish concealer. This concealer is very lightweight and really works well with my bb cream. I use the shade NW15, the pink undertone brightens up the darkness yet the color goes well with the color of my bb cream.

I like the packaging more than the other MAC concealers I've used. I got tired of the Studio Finish concealer,it's in a pot, and when I used a brush it didn't get any product on it since it was so thick and I would have to use my fingers to warm it up but it would get stuck under my nails. This tube concealer is PERFECT! I have more control of how much product I use and there is so much product in this tube! It's definitely worth the $18. I would definitely repurchase this because its fantastic! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by claudiamariad

I needed to build this concealor to effectively cover my under eye circles and blemishes. Though it didn't perfectly conceal them, it did a pretty good job. However, when I'd build it, after a few hours it seemed to move around a lot and it created a strange looking flaky texture on my skin. It even dried out my skin really bad. It doesn't look natural at all and I do not recommend it. I am sure that for a little extra money there's something on the market that will work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sala90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely wonderful. I can wear it alone or with foundation. I get great coverage all day, even during my Zumba workout!!!!! I use NC45 and my look is always flawless !!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupcara95

I really really love this concealer. It's the first "expensive" one i've bought (although personally I think 14 is a very good price for this)
It's perfect for covering blemishes and dark circles, and lasts all day
I also tried the mineral concealer in store, but this was very dewy whereas the select cover up is matte

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really bad cystic acne as a result of a medication I'm taking. I can't leave the house without at least concealer. I had been using Smashbox Camera ready concealer, but as my acne got worse, I realized I needed a thicker formula. Compared to MAC studio finish concealer (which I also own..and despise), Select cover up is much sheerer coverage, but that is what I love about it. Despite the fact that I have acne, I still want my skin to look like skin. I want to see my freckles and I don't want it to look caked on. Basically, I don't want full-coverage anything. Select cover up is a great light-medium coverage concealer. I wear NC20 and it's a perfect match. I first apply MUFE F&B all over with my hands, then dot select cover up on any blemishes and under eyes, then stipple/buff with an RT brush and set with MUFE HD finishing powder. My face ends up looking pretty flawless but still natural! I don't want to look like a mannequin. I use NC20 under my eyes even though I should be using NW20 for undereyes. I'm on a no-buy so NC20 under eyes does work for me, but I do not have dark undereye circles. All in all, I have found my favorite concealer. Lasts all day..even through an intense workout! Looks natural, which I love. If you're looking for full coverage, select cover up is not it. If you're looking for a natural looking concealer that you can build up to medium coverage, you might love this like I do

EDIT: as my cystic acne got worse, select cover up quit working. Too thin to cover an large cysts up. I also think its too thin for under eyes. I switched back to Mac studio finish and find the thicker consistency much better suited for my cystic acne and under eyes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by dk34

good concealer for canceling dark circles. my shade is nw20 which works well against the undereye darkness. good consistency, not too thick of thin. good staying power

Cons: may fall into fine lines.