July 26, 2014 | 1549 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Houn01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have been using the Skin79 Orange BB Cream and when I use it under my eyes it tends to crease so I decided to get this concealer since it's matte. I apply the bb cream all over and a thin layer under my eyes just to give it a little moisture and then I put on this concealer and it works great! No creasing! It definitely covers my darkness under my eyes too. I love that it's really easy to blend and doesn't crease like the Studio Finish concealer. This concealer is very lightweight and really works well with my bb cream. I use the shade NW15, the pink undertone brightens up the darkness yet the color goes well with the color of my bb cream.

I like the packaging more than the other MAC concealers I've used. I got tired of the Studio Finish concealer,it's in a pot, and when I used a brush it didn't get any product on it since it was so thick and I would have to use my fingers to warm it up but it would get stuck under my nails. This tube concealer is PERFECT! I have more control of how much product I use and there is so much product in this tube! It's definitely worth the $18. I would definitely repurchase this because its fantastic! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by claudiamariad

I needed to build this concealor to effectively cover my under eye circles and blemishes. Though it didn't perfectly conceal them, it did a pretty good job. However, when I'd build it, after a few hours it seemed to move around a lot and it created a strange looking flaky texture on my skin. It even dried out my skin really bad. It doesn't look natural at all and I do not recommend it. I am sure that for a little extra money there's something on the market that will work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by sala90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely wonderful. I can wear it alone or with foundation. I get great coverage all day, even during my Zumba workout!!!!! I use NC45 and my look is always flawless !!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupcara95

I really really love this concealer. It's the first "expensive" one i've bought (although personally I think 14 is a very good price for this)
It's perfect for covering blemishes and dark circles, and lasts all day
I also tried the mineral concealer in store, but this was very dewy whereas the select cover up is matte

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really bad cystic acne as a result of a medication I'm taking. I can't leave the house without at least concealer. I had been using Smashbox Camera ready concealer, but as my acne got worse, I realized I needed a thicker formula. Compared to MAC studio finish concealer (which I also own..and despise), Select cover up is much sheerer coverage, but that is what I love about it. Despite the fact that I have acne, I still want my skin to look like skin. I want to see my freckles and I don't want it to look caked on. Basically, I don't want full-coverage anything. Select cover up is a great light-medium coverage concealer. I wear NC20 and it's a perfect match. I first apply MUFE F&B all over with my hands, then dot select cover up on any blemishes and under eyes, then stipple/buff with an RT brush and set with MUFE HD finishing powder. My face ends up looking pretty flawless but still natural! I don't want to look like a mannequin. I use NC20 under my eyes even though I should be using NW20 for undereyes. I'm on a no-buy so NC20 under eyes does work for me, but I do not have dark undereye circles. All in all, I have found my favorite concealer. Lasts all day..even through an intense workout! Looks natural, which I love. If you're looking for full coverage, select cover up is not it. If you're looking for a natural looking concealer that you can build up to medium coverage, you might love this like I do

EDIT: as my cystic acne got worse, select cover up quit working. Too thin to cover an large cysts up. I also think its too thin for under eyes. I switched back to Mac studio finish and find the thicker consistency much better suited for my cystic acne and under eyes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by dk34

good concealer for canceling dark circles. my shade is nw20 which works well against the undereye darkness. good consistency, not too thick of thin. good staying power

Cons: may fall into fine lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This covered my acne/acne marks really well but was very drying around my eye area. Had to quite using it entirely when my under eyes and lids started flaking and became sensitive. Never had this problem before with products. I'd use it for blemishes only and stick to Touche Eclat for the under eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Megann123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had really high hopes for this concealer after seeing so many good reviews about it. After using it i was left feeling slightly disappointed. I have very dark circles an need a lot of concealer to cover them up. But after using a small amount it looked cakey and made any fine lines under my eyes stand out. The coverage is okay. I was still left with quite noticeable circles under my eyes and, it only lasted a few hours. However, i found this covered up my blemishes perfectly and looked very natural. But again it only lasted a few hours. So i wouldn't recommend this for under eye circles, only for blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by NatalieMae89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite spot concealer. Amazing texture blends seamlessly with your skin, so it doesn't appear cakey. You can layer this as much as you like to achieve the perfect amount of coverage. The packaging is my favorite part, because once you think you've squeezed all you can out, you can just snip off the plastic end and dig whatever else you need out. Packaging is my largest pet peeve when I feel I am being ripped off - because I can't even reach the last 1/3 of the product left over. With this packaging you get every last ounce! It's $18.50, which is reasonable considering the quality and longevity of the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

This concealer doesn't work for me. It doesn't blend well and looks cakey no matter how much i try to blend it and how I apply it. I used my fingers, different brushes and sponges and nothing seems to work.

It has a medium to full coverage but since I have combination skin. So my T-zone gets really oily and the concealer comes off easily and where I have dry areas on my face the concealer it makes my dry patches look more prominent.

I won't purchase this again.