September 2, 2014 | 1699 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mAn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

This cleanser is quite light (liquidy), but not as liquid as for example Dior Gelee cleanser (which I like a bit better).

It doesn't foam, but it also doesn't cleanser a thing! But what I do like is the package. Very simple and effective. Also nothing dripped while transportation of this product (which I can't say for Shiseido Ultimate cleansing oil!).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by porcelaintrash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gentle and does the job, my make up comes off instantly and it leaves my face moist without drying my skin. It's nice and simple, just rub it on and wipe it off with a tissue or cotton ball.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Guess I am the odd ball here. I always happen to be the one person who likes whatever has rotten reviews! Weird. Anyway, oilyish acne prone skin and yeah this stuff is on the greasy side but I use the "toxic evil" level 3 "3 step" after this and my face has stayed clear for the longest period of time since I was 12! I wear Double Wear fndt and concealer and this stuff comes off for me no problem. In fact it came off without using this m/u remover but I got a wild hair up my butt one day and decided to add another step to my skincare and I'm actually glad I did because the 3 step is so drying and this stuff is so oily that I think it balances my face out so it stays pretty normal now. And believe me, I thought Clinique everything was such a waste for years that I wouldnt even wear their lipstick! Maybe my skin changed since I turned 30 and now it likes Clinique. Either way I'm glad since I hate drugstore stuff and my Estee Lauder skincare was getting too expensive and my husband was threatening divorce if I didnt find a cheaper alternative!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Skindz

I love Clinique and I love how gentle the line is on my skin. But oh my goodness... the first time I accidentally got this into my eye I thought my eyes would burn off. It stings like mad! The only thing that made it worse was that it didn't effectively remove all my makeup, just most of it =(. However, this product does really moisturise your skin. I'd recommend it for those with dry skin. For those of you who have combination or oily skin, it may make your face feel greasy.

I gave it 2 lipsticks becaue I LOVE the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stings my eyes like crazy. Every time I use it I have a feeling I'm gonna go blind. The thing is, it does remove makeup, the afterward oily feeling is NOT due to makeup not removed, it's just residue from this product. I have not had sticky problems with this but this is definitely a little sleek and oily after you use it and you were supposed to wash it away. The only thing it can't remove entirely are the shimmer and sparkle in my foundation, so very tiny ones that stick to the skin. Anyway I will from now on only use this on my face, I will not use this anymore on my eyes incase it blinds me. I am quite surprised because they eye makeup remover from this line is so gentle.

Side note: If you just rub this on your face and wash it it won't do anything. You need to rub this on your face (or pour on a cotton pad) and use a clean tissue or cloth or a cotton pad to wipe your makeup off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by feebeewhiskers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with KissMyMakeUp... I had a SA tell me to put it on and leave it on for 2-3 minutes to let it penetrate my makeup and then wash off with warm water. This stuff does a HORRIBLE job at getting my Estee Lauder Double Wear off. In fact I don't think it got any of it off. It was weird, instead it made my face oily... I still have it and will use it up but I'm not a fan and won't ever buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by kissmymakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get why people keep saying this is a makeup remover. The bottle and the SA who sold it both seem to indicate it's a cleanser IMO.

And this doesn't remove makeup anyway. I washed my face with it twice and still had a film and traces of makeup on my face. Actually, this cleanser doesn't even effectively remove itself during rinsing.

And if I'm going to spend over $15 on a cleanser, I am surely not going to buy a separate cleanser to use afterwards plus a special eyemakeup remover. That seems ridiculous, wasteful and time consuming IMO.

I'm taking this back as my face is greasy and unclean after using it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by iloveMnMs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this as part of a GWP. It's definitely a milky looking cleanser. Or maybe slightly watered down white glue. I wasn't crazy about the scent. It was rather mild--I'm not sure if it an "unscented" scent or really had a scent.

After using this my face felt sticky. Honestly, sticky! I've never felt that before. I wasn't sure if it was actually cleanser residue or the fact that it didn't remove my sunscreen. So I used it a second time. Still sticky, especially around my eyes. This worried me...am I getting my face clean?

I went right over my eyes with no problems. No stinging at all. I was wearing very little eye makeup which was mostly removed after the second cleansing. My tube mascara was stuck to my face--it didn't rinse away. I threw away the rest of the sample. I would not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Nolita78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is highly sensitive, acne-prone, clog-prone, and not to mention oily as well. I was recommended to purchase this product because of my skin's sensitivity. The thing is, this product is NOT very good in taking off my MU. Daily, I'd use up very little MU, with concealer and foundation. With this product, at night I'd slather it on my face and neck, massage those areas for about 30 seconds or so, and then use non-perfumed tissues to wipe my face. I'd then further massage the product off my skin with warm water. Followed by my regular cleanser.

After a few days of using this product, I realized that my skin had become heavily clogged. ALL OVER my face and neck. Yucky. I knew the culprit was this product because it's the only new product that I'd been trying at that time.

I am giving this product two lippies because it did not break me out or aggravate any existing acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by peaceandhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm awfully diisappointed wiith this cleanser because it didn't remove my foundation completely. I use it sometimes as simply a cleanser when I don't have any foundation on, but that's it. Don't waste your money on this!