Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

2.7

Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sucrose Cocoate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), PEG-5 Soy Sterol, Panthenol, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Caffeine, Sucrose, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linoleic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-150 Distearate, Carbomer, Potassium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide 7/9/2013

on 8/6/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Burns eyes. Leaves a film on face. Doesnt take make up off completely which leads to break outs. Will not repurchase.
Udate:**** After using the entire bottle, it wasnt so bad. Does burn eyes but does seem to remove most all makeup except eye stuff.

on 7/13/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Everytime I use this, it stings the hell out of my eyes. Also leaves an uncomfortable film on my face after cleansing. Takes a long time to take off all the makeup, I get through so much cotton wool- considering I wear very light foundation. Not impressed with this at all.

on 6/19/2009 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This lotion cleanser comes in an attractive lilac bottle with an easy to use dispenser top. The bottle says it's appropriate for all skin types and "Ideal for drier skins."

I would disagree with the latter statement, as my skin is very dry and this cleanser left it feeling dry and irritated.

on 6/6/2009 11:41:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

This cleanser is quite light (liquidy), but not as liquid as for example Dior Gelee cleanser (which I like a bit better).

It doesn't foam, but it also doesn't cleanser a thing! But what I do like is the package. Very simple and effective. Also nothing dripped while transportation of this product (which I can't say for Shiseido Ultimate cleansing oil!).

Gentle and does the job, my make up comes off instantly and it leaves my face moist without drying my skin. It's nice and simple, just rub it on and wipe it off with a tissue or cotton ball.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Guess I am the odd ball here. I always happen to be the one person who likes whatever has rotten reviews! Weird. Anyway, oilyish acne prone skin and yeah this stuff is on the greasy side but I use the "toxic evil" level 3 "3 step" after this and my face has stayed clear for the longest period of time since I was 12! I wear Double Wear fndt and concealer and this stuff comes off for me no problem. In fact it came off without using this m/u remover but I got a wild hair up my butt one day and decided to add another step to my skincare and I'm actually glad I did because the 3 step is so drying and this stuff is so oily that I think it balances my face out so it stays pretty normal now. And believe me, I thought Clinique everything was such a waste for years that I wouldnt even wear their lipstick! Maybe my skin changed since I turned 30 and now it likes Clinique. Either way I'm glad since I hate drugstore stuff and my Estee Lauder skincare was getting too expensive and my husband was threatening divorce if I didnt find a cheaper alternative!

on 4/24/2009 3:37:00 AM

I love Clinique and I love how gentle the line is on my skin. But oh my goodness... the first time I accidentally got this into my eye I thought my eyes would burn off. It stings like mad! The only thing that made it worse was that it didn't effectively remove all my makeup, just most of it =(. However, this product does really moisturise your skin. I'd recommend it for those with dry skin. For those of you who have combination or oily skin, it may make your face feel greasy.

I gave it 2 lipsticks becaue I LOVE the packaging.

on 3/17/2009 12:43:00 AM

This stings my eyes like crazy. Every time I use it I have a feeling I'm gonna go blind. The thing is, it does remove makeup, the afterward oily feeling is NOT due to makeup not removed, it's just residue from this product. I have not had sticky problems with this but this is definitely a little sleek and oily after you use it and you were supposed to wash it away. The only thing it can't remove entirely are the shimmer and sparkle in my foundation, so very tiny ones that stick to the skin. Anyway I will from now on only use this on my face, I will not use this anymore on my eyes incase it blinds me. I am quite surprised because they eye makeup remover from this line is so gentle.

Side note: If you just rub this on your face and wash it it won't do anything. You need to rub this on your face (or pour on a cotton pad) and use a clean tissue or cloth or a cotton pad to wipe your makeup off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with KissMyMakeUp... I had a SA tell me to put it on and leave it on for 2-3 minutes to let it penetrate my makeup and then wash off with warm water. This stuff does a HORRIBLE job at getting my Estee Lauder Double Wear off. In fact I don't think it got any of it off. It was weird, instead it made my face oily... I still have it and will use it up but I'm not a fan and won't ever buy it again

on 2/19/2009 9:53:00 AM

I don't get why people keep saying this is a makeup remover. The bottle and the SA who sold it both seem to indicate it's a cleanser IMO.

And this doesn't remove makeup anyway. I washed my face with it twice and still had a film and traces of makeup on my face. Actually, this cleanser doesn't even effectively remove itself during rinsing.

And if I'm going to spend over $15 on a cleanser, I am surely not going to buy a separate cleanser to use afterwards plus a special eyemakeup remover. That seems ridiculous, wasteful and time consuming IMO.

I'm taking this back as my face is greasy and unclean after using it.