July 25, 2014 | 983 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Technakohl in Graphblack

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by efrazier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the worst liner that I have ever used. I got this in a gift set. The color doesn't even stay. It just went away. Don't waste you $ on this. Use fluidline instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I switch between this and Sephora's technakhol liner in the same shade. I got this reluctantly, because I used to always use fluidliner. But I realized that it pretty has the same staying power and it is 100x easier to apply. Even with the fluidliner, I still need Mac liquidlast to have the eyeliner stay on. So I don't know how much longer this lasts than fluidliner, but when it is under liquidlast it lasts pretty well.

Although, I find the price a little much. I can buy Sephora's technakhol for around 2-3 dollars cheaper and it has a smudge end and sharpener at the end of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by xh_minime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this product! I bought this in the Dubai airport DFS, and ever since then I have been using this 2 out of 7 days, sometimes more. First, I apply a primer, go on top with my eyeshadows. I then apply the first line of Technakohl, go over it with a setting powder (I use Laura Mercier Pressed Setting Powder in Translucent), then top another line of Technakohl for staying power. I have really oily eyelids, and this method works best for me. Before I used this method of using the setting powder, Technakohl was smeared all over my eyelids by mid-noon.
Colour - Intense black, and easily built up.
Application - Loves the screw applicator - no need for sharpening. Glides on easily and not harsh at all.
Staying Power - Very good if used with a setting powder, not good if used alone on oily lids.
Price - average. Get it in the airport for tax-free.
A pencil lasts me for about 6 months. Moving on to Christian Dior after seeing the fantastic reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chovaleoni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I previously was a devotee of the Lancome Kohl pencil. On a particularly spend-happy trip to the mall one day, I let the Mac lady talk me into this, since it's technically the only Mac eyeliner approved for application to the waterline. I am so glad she did. As far as staying power, it blows Lancome out of the water (even through the most rigorous workouts --- if I happen to go straight from work and don't have the opportunity to remove my makeup -- this eyeliner does not give me "Alice Cooper" eyes!) Admittedly, when I saw it was a twist up, I cringed. Generally, the tips of those break within a few weeks. Not this one -- though I will say, the design of the pencil case is dumb. Recently I put the cap on the end to apply -- and when I pulled off the cap, it pulled off the end cap -- so now the regular cap doesn't fit on quite right because the end cap is stuck in it. Dumb. But not so dumb that I was dumb enough to deduct a star for it because, honestly, this is the best eyeliner I've found to date. It's highly pigmented and you can apply it from two angles to get the precision line you want. Totally smudgeable for a sultry smokey eye. Priced well. Buy it without hesitation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a normal eye kohl, just one that happens to be a little more high-tech because it's retractable and doesn't require sharpening. However, despite its "kohl" properties (meaning easy to smudge and blend and smoke out), this is the least smudgable eye pencil I've ever used; I find its staying power is insane. I've worn it at a photoshoot which later proved to be semi-underwater but I didn't know that beforehand, so I didn't do waterproof makeup. Well this proved capable of surviving 3 hours in and out of a pool without moving one single inch. I can't think of any environmental condition that could cause this to transfer or smear in the least. It's a tiny bit harsh to apply, but nothing intolerable, and personally I think it's worth the minor discomfort since the results are so long-lasting. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jvice2

I bought this mainly to use on my waterline, but it only lasts a few hours. I have to go over my waterline a few times to get it really black, which doesn't really help it last long. The only good thing about it is that you don't need to sharpen it. But it's not as soft as I'd like it to be. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this is my upper and lower waterline and it smudges in a few hrs. It applies easily and I love automatic liners. Still looking for a liner that will last for more that 12 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by shortstuff87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

people keep sayin this smudhes but thats what KOHL pencils are supposed to do.People just dont know how to use this pencil lmao Its the best eyeliner I have and it does have great staying power.I love it cuz it gives a slight smokey effect without having to use a smudger brush. I luv it =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by myra86

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used.I do not buy high-end brands so I can only compare it with L'oreal,Max Factor and Avon eyeliners.
This one is the best because it is soft so it's easily used,but it does not flake or smudge during the day.
It has a really dark and beautiful black colour.
The only thing that I do not like about this product is its price.
I got it for about 25$,and that is the most I spend for an eyeliner so far.I wish it was cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by titina206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this eye liner. It lasts quite a long time on my lid. I like the packaging because I donít need to get my sharpener ready every time I use it.
The tip maybe getís too round from time to time, but I give it some sharp point with the tips of my fingers or my hand to have a more precise application.
When I want to smudge it though, I have to work fast because it sets in a very short time, so for smudging, I prefer my MAC Smolder. It lasts quite long, but maybe not throuout the entire day, so I have to reapply it.
I read some reviews that said it was not good for your waterline, but I have used it there and I have had no problem with it (or at least, not yet).
Will repurchase it again for sure!!