November 23, 2014 | 2058 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

I like everything from Bobbi Brown! so there is no complain for this product. it is a very heavy duty foundation, so i only use a little bit to cover my imperfections (i use it as a concealer most of the time). It work amazingly well for my entire face as well, but I perfer liquid instead!
the packaging is very simple and chic, i love bringing it out with me just because when i take it out for touch ups people will compliment on it; even though it is just a black compact!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, I really love this product. This is by far the nicest feeling/ quality foundation I've tried to date. I've tried MAC, NARS, MUFE, EL, Clinique and many more. This is worth every single penny. It goes on creamy, not too rich, blends like butter. The lasting power was average, I don't mind doing touch ups as touch ups outweigh long lasting (hard to remove/pore clogging) foundations. This product is a dream for normal/combo skins. Coverage is phenomenal, covers all redness that I have from Rosacea. At this point in time this foundation is absolutely my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I was looking to try the new Illuminating Compact Foundation, but the SA said they've had problems getting all the colours in and i should wait a couple more weeks... so i got matched for the oil free compact foundation instead... The SA applied with a sponge and the result was very nice - medium coverage (that is buildable) and a really good match for my olive skin tone (warm natural 4.5). I applied the next day with the sponge that you get with it and was disappointed with the result... my foundation looked patchy. After doing some research on the web, i decided to try again and the result was lovely! Here's how i apply:

1. dot over the entire face with a foundation brush ( i use benefit)
2. moisten a soft blending sponge and blend over your entire face.
3. apply more to any areas that require extra coverage
4. apply some pressed powder ( i use NARS in beach) with a powder brush ( ELF studio complexion brush) and buff lightly onto the skin.

This really worked for me and lasted all day. There was some shine coming through and i was expecting this as i have oily skin - but after touching up with powder my make up was still nice and fresh.

I must say that the colour (warm natural 4.5) is the best match for my skin tone - and i have tried lots of other foundations. The only other colour that comes a joint first is MAC C40.

Worth a try if you have combination/oily skin and are looking for a foundation to perfectly match your skin tone and has medium to full buildable coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by NC41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, and really looks TERRIBLE. I should have really liked this foundation: good coverage (i have acne scars/visible pores), oil free, 'portable'. It looks thick, masklike (to the point my sisters are teasing me!), hard to blend... huge chunky container, and dried out before i finished it. Save your money!! there are plenty of better and much cheaper foundations - for comparable price, chanel cream to powder (in a tube) offers excellent coverage, more portable, better finish and good long-wearing

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by rankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, alot of bad reviews for this one. First off let me say don't bother with the sponge. I have red very textured skin and this works well for me. According to the website its the best foundation for concealing redness on normal to oily skin. Its not amazing but it does improve redness and looks smooth. I apply it with the face blender brush (any stipple brush would do a great job). I buff my face in the mornings with the Body Shop facial buffer (AMAZING) apply BB vitamin base and this works well over it. I now tend to agree that creme textures work best for large pores/imperfections. Not HG but worth a try.
UPDATE - been using for 2 weeks and has not caused break outs.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this foundation so bad since it was the first Bobbi Brown product I've ever tried. Unfortunately, all the siliones in it made my skin break out and the coverage wasn't uniform- it kind of looked splotchy and uneven. I usually like medium to full coverage liquid foundations and this one didn't have as much coverage as I hoped a cream formula would have. It also feels like spreading butter on my face because of its thick, greasy consistency. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by EmmaEmma18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This can be an amazing product for those with normal skin and do not suffer from acne. I absolutely LOVED this foundation on me and on my friends. It looked natural and makes one's skin so even. However, even with its (oil-free) formula, this foundation broke my skin out like no other. I seriously suffered a long period of breakouts even after I stopped using it. It massively clogged my pores and caused horrible scarring due to the size of the blemishes this makeup caused. I was so concerned and I even had to see dermatologists to heal my skin.
As a makeup fanatic, it did not stop me there and I went again to Bobbi Brown and got their new liquid foundation which is specific for oily and acne-prone skin (it comes in a bottle and it's their latest addition for oily skin) BUT I had the same problem with this one. I believe that the ingredient of this makeup is really bad and it clogs the pores. As for my friends who never experienced breakouts using this foundation, they told me later that the thickness and the texture of this foundation made them stop using it. It rubs off easily and once you smile, frown, or laugh, you will have lines all over your face which will make up look much older.
I reallllllllllllly love Bobbi Brown's product, but when it comes to foundations and skin care, stick on the safe side and opt for specialized companies that won't break your skin out!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by jperaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is very creamy and glides into the skin effortlessly. The shade I was matched with blends in perfectly with my skin, it looks like my second skin. I've tried this with a sponge, a stippling brush and a regular foundation brush. I'd have to say, I like the effect that a regular foundation brush gives. To make this foundation last longer, I press MUFE HD powder on my T zone with a powder puff and then lightly dust the powder on the rest of the face. It is a staple in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by kaybeeyh83

I love Bobbi Brown! This is the first product I've ever bought from Bobbi Brown and I have to say I'm not too disappointed. I have a combination of dry and oily skin, but more dry than oily. I went to the Cosmetic Company store and was looking for a foundation that will not make my dry, flaky skin visible and also give me the coverage I need to cover my acne scars, since my Skin79 BB cream wasn't cutting it out for me. (FYI: My Skin79 BB cream, all it did for me was make my face whiter and that was it. It didn't give me the coverage I want.) So at The Cosmetic Company Store, it was either the MAC foundation or the Bobbi Brown and since MAC didn't have a lot of selections, I went for the Bobbi Brown. I bought the Warm beige 4.5, because that was the only shade they had and it was close to my skin color. Suprisingly when I tried it on at home, it really matched my skin well. I was impressed! Not only was I impressed with that, but it glided on my skin so soft and velvety. It went so well with my dry skin and it felt so nice. I am able to buildup my coverage on my acne scars, but because I didn't want it to look to caked on, I didn't. But what I don't like is that the creme foundation can come off quite easily on your hands, clothes or whatever it touches. I even used powder to set it too, but that didn't help too much. That is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. But overall I love this product. I will definately purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ilminyia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep trying foundations (because I am addicted to trying every new one that comes out) but I keep coming back, over and over, to this one. It goes on beautifully and easily (I use a sponge) blends in well and looks very natural but also provides excellent coverage. I can take it on trips and it's very convenient for that or taking to work in a handbag. The color is perfect for me (Beige). It also looks good in photographs, which is handy to know. I am on my third compact of this. It is easy to put it on too thick but if you use a light hand it goes on wonderfully. It also feels good on, very comfortable, and does not break out my sensitive, oily/combo clog prone skin.