Cover Girl Outlast Double LipShine

3.2

on 1/8/2008 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the Outlast Double LipShine in the color 235. The color is amazing, but it gets cakey and dry... super fast. Even when the gloss was put on over the color... it still stayed dry to me. The color's great... just wish that the formulation was smoother. I don't plan on buying this again.

Ok, to be fair, lipsticks and I donít get along, unless their sheer. The high maintenance of them is just too much work for me most of the time, esp when I can just swipe on a gloss. So I always think ďhey, maybe the long wearing lipsticks will workĒ. Iíve tried long-wear lipsticks before and Iím sorry to say that this is right along the lines of all the others...it crumbles away on my inner lips and leaves cracked color along the outside line. I have medium sized lips and am constantly drinking or eating.

On the positive side, the color formula feels light (as far as long wearing lipsticks go) and didnít dry out my lips. (You must wait until these dry before applying the gloss!) The gloss is thin and light (same gloss as the Wetslicks line). I like the gloss and have a separate tube of it, but it just doesnít wear for an extended period of time. I was pleased that the color+gloss combo didnít feel heavy and cakey like some other long-wear formulas. Packaging is ďmehĒ. I usually donít prefer brush applicators, but I think in this case, a brush tip for the color would have been a better idea...leave the sponge tip for the clear gloss. Also, as mentioned below, the color of the l/s isnít marked on the tube, just the #.

I have color 305: Sahara. I didnít mean to end up with it, I wanted ďGlowingĒ which is a nude. While Sahara is similar, itís got a kick of coral...a pretty color that I enjoy, added a bit of brightness to my face. At around $8/tube, this just isn't worth it to me...I'll stick to my sheer and not so long lasting HG's, the TruShines. Nw15, green eyes, dark hair, pigmented-medium lips. continued >>

on 12/30/2007 1:30:00 PM

This is from Cover Girl outlast all day lipcolor (pic in profile) ,in 522 Sparkling wine new in the line ,I just bought it from a display dec 2007. The color is a pretty deep pinky plum with shimmer. very soft and wearable comes with a top coat that is ever so moisturizing.Wears along time and doesnt feel goopy or sticky on.

on 11/10/2007 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like CG products so I don't like giving this one such a negative review but this lip gloss is pretty bad. First, once the plastic wrap is gone, you don't know what the color is called anymore, just the number of the color. The lip color (not the clear gloss) has a strange smell to it that goes away once it dries, but who wants stinky lip gloss? When the color dries, it feels like it's drying out my lips and if you don't keep applying the gloss, the color starts to flake and feel really dry. The gloss is nice, not really sticky and has a nice applicator. Overall though, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/28/2007 11:20:00 PM

EW! Ok, the colors aren't bad, but the formula is awful! It was easy to apply, but the packaging was awkward. After a while it started to flake and it was very uncomfortable, not to mention unsightly: it left a ring around the edges of my lips and weird spots all over. I could not wash it off for anything! It smelled completely disgusting, the top coat only slightly better with a powdered sugary scent/taste. If it smells bad it is NOT going to go on my lips! This turned me off of most Cover Girl lip products for good.

on 9/29/2007 12:44:00 AM

This stuff is great. It's easy to apply, the color isn't too glittery and unless your lips come in contact with something oily, it is not coming off. The first time I wore it, at the end of the day I didn't have any makeup remover around and I tried using my blackhead clearing scrub to take it off, no soap or wash would remove it. The girl at Walgreens told me anything oil based will remove it.

Chapstick will take it off easy. When you're taking off your makeup, just apply chapstick and wipe it off with a cotton round. It doesn't take much, your lips don't get super dried out and it's cheap and quick.

Edit 1/19/07: I stopped using this after I realized how cakey and dry it can get. It's a great concept and the color does last but the cakeyness just looks gross.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Candy apple and some other slightly pinkish color. This can be very good or very bad. You have to be careful when applying because it will look very bright and clownish.So I usualy put some on my finger and apply from there,so it slightly shows color. I love the clear gloss. Its a very good consistency, and it smells good. It lasts a long time, like the whole day. But it is a burden to get off like even if you scrubbed really hard it would not budge.But even after all that I would still buy it agian, maybe try a differant color

on 7/31/2007 2:58:00 AM

I have to say that if you want a lip gloss that lasts this is one to consider. Had lunch with my sis, drank several glasses of coke, ate a bagel with cream cheese and it was still on my lips! Yep, this one is a keeper

on 6/27/2007 9:55:00 AM

When first applied, this gives good shine and color. However, what I hate about this product is there is not enough gloss, and inevitably after wearing it on a night out, I have bits and flakes of color stuck to my lips unevenly that will not come off. It ends up looking like a freak show.

on 6/27/2007 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried several long lasting lip glosses and this stays the longest. I work 12 hour shifts and as long as you let the color dry before applying the gloss, it lasts and doesn't give you "pieces" like others do. I don't know what to call them but they feel like when your lips chap and the skin falls off. The colors are great and I have the Sahara.

Recommended for Medium Skin