Chanel Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

3.7

on 6/10/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. Sometimes my lashes would look amazing, sometimes they were living in clump city. Also, weirdly, this mascara sometimes made stray lashes curl downwards. At the end of the day, it just wasn't worth the high price, so only three lippies for Inimitable.

on 5/11/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

great product, but very expensive. very good quality, if you don't buy it in Hong Kong :)

Mascara is the one beauty product I always seem to fall for the hype on, I keep trying mew ones as they come out, finding them OK or not very good, and then going back to this until something else catches my eye! I think I just need to stick to this from now on, as nothing else is as good! I've got quite long, thick lashes anyway, and Inimitable makes them longer and more defined while looking totally natural and never ever clumping. I will still have a bit of a flirt with Lancome Hypnose for evening wear, but this is most definitely my daytime HG.

on 4/15/2011 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara will lengthen but not fill in much. I already have long lashes and this makes them look like long spider legs. The worst part is it makes my eyes burn and tear for the whole time I have it on. Not for me!

on 4/7/2011 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I looooove this mascara. I'm super confused about the reviews complaining about clumping or crumbling, maybe they just got a bad batch? Anyway, after curling and applying this, my lashes were super long, but not spidery. :)

I can honestly say that this is one of the worst mascaras I have ecer tried. The wet formula weighed down my lashes and left me with spider lashes. Not my idea of looking natural. So definitely not the kind of look I was after!

on 3/20/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

im currently using this mascara... will definately recommend this... Very good quality and makes my lashes look thicker.

on 3/4/2011 3:06:00 AM

I wanted this to be the best mascara!!!!! It's Chanel ! Unfortunately I was very disappointed. In order to wear it I had to treat my eyes with clear eyes to get the red out in advance! It would crumble off my lashes after a half hour, and was very clumpy. I splurged on this stuff thInking it was a wise choice.... And I feel like I was beat out of 47 bucks. I don't advise this product to anyone and my search for a new mascara continues.

on 2/19/2011 1:19:00 PM

I have this in black and I like it, but I don't love it. The formula seems thinner than some mascaras so it goes on smoothly and coats each lash nicely without clumping. It doesn't seem to be particularly volumizing or lengthening but I like the definition it gives my lashes. I've noticed a chemical smell when I use it but it does not irritate my eyes. I like the brush and the tube is elegant, as you would expect from Chanel (unlike the giant orange LashBlast tube). My main complaint is that it stays wet longer than other mascaras which makes it easier to smudge while I'm finishing my makeup. I bought this as part of a holiday set but I don't like it enough to justify the price and repurchase it on its own.

on 2/16/2011 10:42:00 PM

This is one of my favorite mascaras. The brush is a great size for applying all over the lashes and also being able to get the corners without getting mascara all over. The brush is also great at separating lashes. It works really well at lengthening and emphasizing long lashes. It can hold a curl well, and doesn't really flake at all. The only drawbacks for me are that it doesn't do much in the volume department. I have long lashes but not very thick, and I find it doesn't do much to add that fullness and volume. I find that it also runs a bit easier than other mascaras I've tried (this is a review for the non-waterproof version). Overall though, the separation, curl, and lengthening that it does is great. Definitely worth trying out.