August 27, 2014 | 1529 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is HG status for me, cannot live without it... My perfect finishing powder. It works as a setting powder, but is not the same as any others out there. It gives such a pretty, diffused, natural look to the skin. I use this to set my foundation every day and it evens everything out and brings life back to my skin.. it's hard to describe without seeing it! It is also looking like it will last a really long time. Well worth the money!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Beccalovesbacon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

READ READ READ

I seriously don't get the hype when it comes to this product. I would just like to start out by saying that I love most mac products and I prefer a very natural, radiant makeup look which is why I thought that this would be HG material... It really wasn't.

let me break down the many, many cons with this powder.

1. no shine-control. at all. I don't really get oily but I do get quite shiny in my t-zone and this powder does NOTHING to mattify my face!

2. lasting power. An hour, and this is completely gone from my face. And I'm not even oily.

3. powdery-finish. Okay, so with such a natural mineral powder with no coverage, oil-control or anything you would expect for this to look natural and non-cakey. but omg, never have I ever seen such a powdery, obvious powder on the skin! hate how "makeuppey" this looks on me :(

3. lasting-power. an hour after applying this, it's gone. completely.

4. setting makeup. concealer, foundation, whatever makeup Iøm wearing under this powder it creases and last waaay shorter than it does with other face powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not quite sure why I'm so late to the party, but this stuff is gorgeous on my face! I bought dark even though it is a little too dark for me. Because the wash of color is so subtle and takes so much product to really alter the depth of skin or foundation, it just gives me a sun kissed glow over my foundation and is a great substitute for having to use a darker foundation around the edges of my face for a bit of realism. It also makes a great setting powder and somehow blends your makeup and makes it look seamless.

It also looks like it's going to last forever. I'm experimenting with it right now, but for now, gorgeous glow all over and amazing as a cheek blush/highlight/contour.

I'm late, but I'm on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this powder, it's nice and finely milled - so fine that you can see little particles floating away when you run a brush over it. It is great for what I use it for - a setting powder and touch-up powder for during the day. Disappointed with the packaging...who does a powder compact without a mirror inside?? SERIOUSLY!? Aside from the lack of mirror, I'm pretty happy with this. Not sure whether it's got HG status with me but I'm yet to find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by lmaliski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I only use this on my nose and eye area. I love the way this covers with a fine, almost invisible sheer. It instantly brightens up my eye area and stays on all day, even through sweat and tears. This has lasted me a very long time, too (almost 2 years). Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder. I find that it works really well on top of most foundations, and doesn't really alter the finish of the foundation. For instance, if I set a matte foundation, the foundation stays looking matte. If I set a dewier foundation, it still keeps a little glow. This is mainly intended just for use as a setting powder. It doesn't add a ton of extra color or coverage. I usually swirl my domed Kabuki brush in this and then buff it all over my face. The powder combined with the brush gives me a flawless, airbrushed complexion. The only issues I have with this is: it is slightly "dusty" when I dip my brush into the powder, causing a waste of product. However, these things last forever, so I guess it isn't THAT big of a deal. Also, this compact does not include a mirror of any sort which isn't a big deal for me, because I don't really touch up throughout the day, but I know a lot of people do. One last thing. As an NC15, with a fair yellowy complexion, the shade Light Plus is perfect for me. But many of the other shades are very pink or orangey, and the darkest shade is not very dark at all, making the shade range kind of iffy. If you do have the right skin tone/type for this though, I'd definitely recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by monaylisa

Wasn't impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

There's nothing I love more than venturing out and having a super splurge on makeup, that I wouldnt normally buy, or I know I shouldnt buy. While I have a lot of MAC makeup (definatly a guilty pleasure of mine), I have many similar products to the mineralized skin finish, so it was a splurge to me! I picked up MAC's famous Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder last year, for around $26.50. I use it frequently; it definitely wasn't a waste of money, but it didn't live up to my expectations. MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Powders are often used as setting powders for makeup, but can be used as a light foundation when applied wet (best to use MAC's Fix+ for this). I prefer using it as a setting powder, as I find it gives very little coverage when attempting to use it as a foundation; I like medium-heavy coverage, so if you're looking for something light and natural, you'd love this. The main reason I like this powder, is because it has lasted me absolutely ages! There's barely a dent made in the pan, and I've had it for at least 8 months. I love the packaging; it's simple and sturdy. It doesn't get too worn out and it's able to take a good beating amongst other makeup bag essentials. It's good to use as a setting powder, mainly because of the colour and glow it gives. It makes your skin look healthy and fresh, and keeps your foundation and concealer in place nicely. However, if you have oily-combination or dry-combination skin this doesn't work too well! I find that after an hour, my t-zone is incredibly oily again (especially around my nose) and the powder clings to the few dry spots on my face, and starts flaking off making me look all scaley (especially on and around my chin). I use a mattifying, translucent powder on my t-zone and apply this everywhere else on my face. I find this works alright applied over translucent powder, so it's ideal to pop into my handbag for touch-ups throughout the day. It's a fantastically light powder; suiting fair skin well - unlike a lot of powders out there claiming to be "porcelain", when in fact they make me look orange! It works best applied with a synthetic brush, also. Overall, it's a great powder, it just doesn't suit my skin type. Even after moisturizers for oily-combination skin and using a high end primer, it still doesnt seem to work out for me. It's 100% worth the money; probably one of the best MAC products I own, price-wise. If you're fair skinned and you have a normal skin time (not super oily or super try) and you happen to be looking for a nice powder for Summer, make sure to try this. I am very bummed it doesnt work well on my skin- however I am working on it! It is really hard to find products for my skin- because I dont have one spicifc 'type' of skin. I have a mild-oily T zone, a very dry chin and sometimes nose, normal cheeks. I try to even out the type and tone by using certain products on different parts of my face, but after a while it just becomes too much! So i will keep this in my arsenal of products and hang onto it until I can manage and get a hold of my skin type a little better. Usually when we are in transition of the different seasons, is when it seems to really act up. After a while and when the shift is over with, is when it seems to get a little better.

Overall, this product may not suit my skin right now, but I still love.and plan on using this product in the future. I would reccomend this product to any woman who is looking for a high end setting powder, with an excellent price to go with it. I love that this powder comes in different shades. One of my favorite setting powders (which just so happens to be E.L.F. brand, and pretty cheap) comes in translucent ONLY! I thought that all of them only came in translucent, which ended up being wrong. The translucent works well, but when your being photographed, there is a white cast that appears all over your face, when you are in pictures. Because Mac has shades to choose from, this is no longer a problem. Anyway. Its an excellent product, it suits many different shades and tones of women. I also love that MAC has a super flexible return policy- if you happen to dislike the product, or for some reason it just doesnt work for you, they will always take ot back and either exchange it for something else, or give you a full refund. This is very important to me, I will not shop anywhere where their return policy isnt 100% flexable, because of how hard it can be to get products that suit me and look good at the same time! I give this 5 lippies... it may not have worked out for me, but the product is exceptional... and I will reccomend it over and over!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this as a bronzer on my skin. (I am that pale!) I have had it for 8 months now and it's barely looks like its been touched. And I wear it every day!! Products like this rarely last me three months because I drunkenly drop my bag in a club or something stupid and the product shatters......safe to say this powder is Meg-proof and is well and truly baked and pressed!! It's packaging must help because its a sturdy compact, but I am really pleased with how long it has lasted. Aside from its longevity, the actually powder is lovely to use. I can pick up the product with the lightest touched from my brush, and recently I learnt I can use it with a slightly damp brush for a more intense dewy look, wow. And the powder does not go hard, it dries to the same state as before, I have been told this is what you can do with baked products!
Well matched natural colours that I can contour with, definitely would buy this again xx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by GeriTaitague

Absolutely love this product. Works well over my foundation (drugstore, i hated the Pro longwear NC35). At first it looked powdery but after a couple of minutes, it blended with my natural oil or moisturizer and made my makeup look flawless. Great for light coverage as well. Just wished the packaging had a compartment for a sponge or a puff for touch ups and a mirror.