July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 8:31:00 AM More reviews by bunbunboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Everyday minerals sell via their website and send free tester pots for you to try the shades, which is great. Once you get the hang of it (and have a decent brush) it's so quick to apply- much faster than liquid foundation as you don't need to blend. I use this on 'good skin days' or times when I'm not too bothered about covering my acne scars. The intensive formula does have surprisingly good coverage for a powder but if you put too much on it can make you look older. Sometimes for a night out I'll use a thin layer of this over my liquid foundation, and then I have great coverage. Overall I'd say it's definitely worth trying some tester pots.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by yogibeara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try some mineral makeup for my acne prone skin so I gave this a shot. I tried BE before but it made my face itch. What a mistake! Within a week I had big cysts on my cheeks and forehead that took a few weeks to clear up. I have hormonal acne which is just around my mouth area but this made me break out everywhere, and I only applied one layer. Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by minihorse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyday Minerals Pressed Power in Medium Beige. I was excited to get me new pressed powder as I love mineral makeup and wanted to try the pressed version, The packaging is nice.

I stoked the brush in the compact and it was very messy. The color is a good match in the compact but when I put it on my face it was gross. It looked like I put dirt on my face. It made my pores look bigger and my face brokeout from it. Worth a try, Will stick with my Senna MM

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 5:01:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

Sometimes I don't really understand this hype for mineral foundation. To me it's just foundation in powdered form (which I have also used in the past). Nothing's wrong with this product (I had it in Sweet Almond), you can get a lot of product in a relatively cheap price. You definitely need skills to make sure you don't overapply the foundation and end up in a powdery look. My problem with this foundation is that it melts in a few hours and turns dull, therefore I find this to be a rather mediocre product afterall.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ALstylist

Once I tried Everyday Minerals, I don't want to put anything else on my face!! I love all EM products! Concealers, Foundations, Finishing dusts, blush, eyeshadows!! I love the option of original glo, intensive, semi-matte and matte formulas as well as a great variety of colors for all skin tones. Love that the ingredients are all natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Nieves777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this mineral make up!!! I tried Bare minerals and the Bismuth Oxychloride made my skin extremely itchy and irritated.
I ended up trying Edm and love it!!! I use the intensive foundation for when I go out and semi matte for every day. I love that this goes on so beautiful either buffed with a kabuki brush or stippled using the flat top brush.
As with any mineral make up primer is key to keep it in place and not fading. I live in South Florida and the heat and humidity can wreak havoc on make up so I wear Smashbox's photo finish primer and this foundation stays in place all day.
Also not sure what all the fuss is about the ingredient Lauroyl lysine is about? It is an amino acid found in plants, most abundantly in legumes, and lysine is also naturally present in human cells. Lauroyl stands for a fatty acid derived from coconut and palm oils. Yes not purely form nature but not nearly as harmful as some of the ingredients companies use in their make up.
Great web site

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by FearlessBarb

I ordered several sample sizes from this line. The foundation didn't work for me. It emphasized my pores and wrinkles and turned orange on me. I wasn't happy with the blushes either though the weekend getaway is a lovely color it just sits on my skin looking pretty dull. I kind of like the lavender concealer but still think it's nothing to write home about. I wish these products would work for me. Maybe people with fairly large pores don't do well with mineral makeup. I tend to do well with compact powder foundations. I like Lancome dual finish, Clinique the one in green that's not the almost makeup [ sorry I'm down to the last and the rest of the packaging is gone] and one I recently tried because of the reviews here Maybelline Pure Stay. Thanks everyone for the reviews. Keep em coming!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by KFitzy

Oh how sad I am about this product. I found the perfect color for me and i love how this looks and feels on my skin but this stuff breaks me out sooo bad. Huge pimples everywhere (even under my chin) Not only pimples but these white bumps.. But what bothers me the most is i dont think their ingredients lists are the complete truth. Ive compared other brands that say they use the same stuff and even MORE and they dont break me out. makes me so sad. i wish i could use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by sophiaayu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love Everyday Minerals in Intensive, it gives me great coverage, but i do have to put concealer over my under eye circles and blemishes. i finnd that it you want a make it more of a liquidy try mixing it with your moisterizer and a drop of water. and to ast longer put a sheer powder over it and spray it with mac fix +. I love using the intensive formal. It has never broken me out and i feel like its more gentle bare minerial, but that's just me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using EM's foundation for years. It works so amazing yet it is affordable. I love their wide selection of blush and eyeshadows as well. The intensive formula has a great coverage, I have a lot of dark spots and it covers them very well. A little goes a long way, it's buildable and look very natural.