August 30, 2014 | 1737 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I don't know what it is about Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners, but my thick, coarse, colour-treated hair responds well to them. Color Me Happy has a fresh scent that does not linger (thankfully), lathers nicely and rinses clean. I like the easy-to-use pop open top. My hair is left shiny, clean and does not feel weighed down. It doesn't feel or look like the mositure has been stripped out of it like it was for some reviewers. I love the price of it and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The old bottles of the rose scented herbal essences for dry/damaged/color-treated hair had a sticker on it that said the Color Me Happy line was the same. Of course, I went out to buy some today just to see if the claims were true. It does work similarly even though oils from the older brand are not present in the newer one.

This didn't dry out my thick, dried-up hair at all (my hair isn't color treated, but stylists advise that those with my hair type should use color protecting products for gentle maintenance). It left it nice and clean, but not stripped of moisture. It smells just like the old herbal essences and it works the same in my opinion so I'm a happy camper! I won't have to hunt for the old one all over town anymore (:

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ImGaskarthsLilMamaxD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i dont have color treated hair but my mom has some in the shower so i felt like trying it :D. it smells GREAT, like really good. probably my favorite scent HE makes (theyre all great so its hard to pick a favorite i think). it really cleans my hair (which is what i was looking for) but its really drying :(. i used a ton of my moisturizing conditioner after and it didnt help...so im gonna try the matching color me happy conditioner and update when i see if it helps or not. i hope they keep making this. im gonna get a deep conditioning hair treatment thing so i hope that will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Indrawn

I have fine, bleached, slightly damaged elbow-length hair that needs washing every 1-2 days.

I got originally hooked on Herbal Essences since 4 years ago when my friend came to school with the most lovely smelling hair, and I asked her what shampoo she used. I love H.E and Fructis because of the fresh fruity and floral smells that seem to last relatively well. All the other shampoos I've used (Dove, Pantene, Palmolive, Loreal, Vo5 .. etc) leave my hair with a 'hair' smell which I hate, this doesn't.

However ever since H.E changed their product line to these new, funky, more 'specific' shampoos/conditioners I've found that they are too expensive for their use (they don't sell these in the small bottles, and they rarely go on special to a price I consider cheap). Eager to try out their new products nonetheless, I bought Color Me Happy because of my coloured brown/purple hair.

Compared to the old formula, this did not give a good lather. I had to work a lot of it in just for my hair to feel clean. Also I didn't notice any difference for my hair colour from any other shampoo.

Overall - nice smell, cute bottle and name, but poor lather, and too expensive.

- - -
PRICE [3] $6 AUD | PACKAGING [5] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Lana86

DRYING! not as drying as the cream formulas like the "no more breakage" one, but still a crap for me.
smells like the old one with roses, i think it's the same one.
herbal essences is just not for me, i won't buy any of their products in the future...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I bought this a while back because I LOVE the conditioner, and figured even if the shampoo is clear and a little stripping the conditioner would easily balance it out. Boy was I wrong, even with all my conditioning this shampoo totally dried out my hair. It was awful :( I've never ever thrown a bottle of full shampoo away but I threw this away cause it was terrible...however, the conditioner is amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:27:00 AM More reviews by glitterbug01

I love the entire herbal essences line, except for their "color me happy" shampoo. This completely stripped my hair of color and dulled my color. Will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Makemeup17

I really do love this shampoo and conditioner, i bought it one time when it was on sale and will continue too! i like to try different products to see whats out there but this will always be my go to shampoo and conditioner! it leaves my hair soft, smelling great and my color vibrant! i would recommend this product to anyone with color treated hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by flower5361

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a hair product junkie! I have enough in my closet to start my own shop (so I'm told), LOL. I have spent so much money buying expensive hair care products that I ended up giving away because they did not live up to my needs. Since going to a very short, texturized cut for my very straight, course hair along with regular colorings and highlightings, I am always on the lookout for a great product that won't weigh down or dry out my hair further. I was shopping in Walmart one afternoon, and came across Herbal Essences Color Me Happy 2-1 shampoo/conditioner. I am trying to save money by not having to buy 2 bottles (shampoo & conditioner), since I also use a leave in conditioner anyway after shampooing. I decided to give this a try, and I love it! My hair is left feeling very shiny, smooth, easy to style, and it seems my highlights look brighter. I have been using this for about 2 weeks, and so far, so good. It doesn't build up, either. After washing once or twice (depending on how much hair spray I had on), I towel dry, then apply my Goldwell kerasilk instant silk fluid. It leaves my hair feeling great! I style my hair with a styling spray and curling iron, and I'm done! I no longer use hair gels, mousses, etc. because they tend to weigh my hair down too much. The downside is the packaging. It seems the shampoo tends to leak down the side of the bottle too much, so you have to be careful to close the lid after using. Also, it seems that I need to use a little more shampoo to get the job done, but the price is so reasonable, it's not a big deal. The scent isn't overpowering, but a nice clean, fruity scent. I think this shampoo definitely holds its own next to the expensive brands! You can get this between $5.00 and $6.00, depending on where you shop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Iím really impressed with this. Iíve now been using this for a few weeks & the difference to my hair is remarkable.

As well as my (badly in need of a touch up) colour remaining bright, much less of my hair snaps & there are fewer knots. And my long hair has none to very little frizz, is smooth to the touch & when I pull a broken strand between my fingers it has elasticity to it, instead of snapping straight away like it used to.

The scent of this is divine & the price is fantastic. Iíll be re-buying.