Rimmel Powder Blush - Pink Rose 004

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

This has become my HG blush having used so many high end blushes such as Orgasm, Dandelion, Benetint etc. in the past. I got a Rimmel gift pack for having a letter printed in a magazine and this little gem was included.

~~~I think the packaging is great. More cosmetics companies should ditch the useless brushes/mirrors and opt for a more compact design.

~~~The slightly shimmery pale-pink colour is fantastic. I have a very light skin tone and this is the perfect shade to give life to my complexion without looking like I've been running for the bus. I use the mini-kabuki brush from TheBalm with it. It picks up and deposits the perfect amount of colour.

~~~As for the price? How could you go wrong?

~~~All in all, I will be using this for the forseeable future.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this colour and wear it everyday. I never would have thought of wearing a colour this bright and cheery but took a chance. At this price why not? So now that I am hooked on it, why can't I find it anymore? Is it discontinued?? It would only figure - aren't all the best products discontinued?! Anyway, it has just the right amount of shimmer to to give your cheeks light but not too much in my opinion, wears pretty well lasting most of the day and at this price you can have an extra one for the purse or desk drawer especially with the efficient compact size. That brings me to my final comment about product packaging size. I'd very happily buy a Revlon Colorstay blush to replace this one except for the overly large package, who needs a pop out mirror and space for the crappy little brush they include that nobody ever uses but I'll save that for my Revlon review....

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my second blush in this color. I really like the color and I feel that it looks good on my skin. I agree with someone else that said this may be reformulated because I don't remember it being so pigmented either. I do have to rub it in a bit with my fingers so that it doesn't look that bright. Overall, it is a great color and looks like a pink flush. The packaging is not that great. Both times I have purchased this, the cover comes off! I keep having to snap it back on after I use it. This of course causes a mess in my make up bag!

on 8/25/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wish i could love this but i had some problems with it. The packaging was kinda hard to open. The color didn't show up on my skin (im black/white). It made my cheeks way lighter rather then giving off color. The only thing good really is that it is pretty cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I went to shopper's and found this very cheap sale on Rimmel!
Thought i would give it a try, i never used blush before, but thought why not?
I have to say that with the rimmel press powder, and this wonderful blush WOW it gives such a nice and clean look!
the blush is a perfect color not too dark, and really stays on all day!
I LOVE IT!!!

on 6/8/2009 7:10:00 PM

I got this blush because it was CHEAP. I think it was about $3. I found the color to be really nice on my skin tone and was perfect. 20 mins later, I found the blush was gone! It faded nearly completely and I just wasted $3. The staying power of the blush is awful, but pigmentation was awful and it took several swipes to get it on my cheeks.

on 5/16/2009 2:08:00 AM

umm... so, i like to use only a little bit of this for a light pink flush. not too much though... since it's sooo shimmery and makes your cheeks look like you've rubbed a shimmery cream shadow all over your cheeks. i would not purchase this again. i only use it sparingly when i mix it with my bare minerals blush.

on 5/10/2009 3:04:00 PM

These rimmel blushes are AWFUL! When I put this one on, it looked great, but when I walked into light, i realized that it looked like i had piled glitter on my face. It was wayyyy too shimmery for me, and I think that although it is really cheap, the product itself is not good at all.

on 4/11/2009 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush! Great color and super great value. I've been using this for years. I think they reformulated in the last year or so because the one I bought last Fall is more pigmented. Its super soft and blendable and lasts throughout the day too. I love the subtle shimmer. I layer it with the sienna blush to warm up the 'coolness' and it suits my skin tone perfectly.

on 4/2/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Other rimmel blushes have been a hit with me but this one is terrible. It's very very weakly pigmented and has far too much shimmer in it. I don't want to look like pale frosty pink with bumps! This blush can ruin the best foundation and powder job on your face if your trying to hide imperfections. Stay away from this pearly sheen color of 04 pink rose. It's not a nice skin flush color like it appears in the container. It's very pale and frosty and doesn't blend well.