August 29, 2014 | 663 users online

Polishes - OPI - Mod About You

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mod About You is from the Bright Collection. This one is a light pink with blue under tone. It appears to be a cool pink/light lilac color. It takes at least three coats to become opaque and even. The drying power is great and it doesn't chip at all!

I find this color is very pastel. The formula looks chalky but smooth. It really give a big contrast to my warm olive skin tone. It looks wild on my fingers. But I guess it will look nice on toes too. I'm sure this color suits everyone. It really is a girly color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great color for my tan/brown skin tone.. highly recommend for girls of color and i can see this working for girls of all skin tones. however, the wear on this isnt as good as other OPI colors. all other colors wear pretty well on me. like a week without a chip and minimal tip wear, but this chips within days. such a shame!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by erinoxnam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this colour. It's not very unique and there's tonnes of dupes out there, but I love the formulation of this polish. It's very opaque and only takes 2 coats to get a nice finish. I noticed that the brush strokes show up in the first coat so a second is neccessary.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

Very unique colour. It's a very opaque and pastel baby pink. It's probably as pastel (i.e. has enough white in it) as it can be without looking white or starting to resemble whiteout.

Application is a pain - it's pretty darn streaky upon the first coat, so two coats is a must, but sometimes even the second coat does not even things out. It's definitely a high maintenance polish. But I love the colour so much that I will probably repurchase - especially since I have never seen a good dupe!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my fav OPI colors. LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Preeti88

This is one of my favourite opi shades, a lovely opaque pink with hints of lavender it is an amazing colour. I really enjoy this for the summer as a pedicure colour it isn't to bright and offensive but a lovely pastel shade which have been very popular this season. My only gripe with this is that if you use this as a manicure colour this polish chips and peels very easily. Also you have to be very careful when applying as this can come out a bit streaky but I found that issue with most opaque pastel shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color and I have a love hate relationship, sometimes it looks great on me and goes on well and sometimes it looks like ass on me and the app sucks (streaks and unevenness)....I'm not really sure what it is. But I kind of accept it for the times it does work for me and than its an awesome ugly pretty pastel pink look for my nails.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by SandieJackson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MOD ABOUT YOU IS the most gorgeous pink ever!!! It is my favorite OPI color in my 30+ collection. I agree with everyone that it does make you look tanned,i am a NW15 and it is the only nail polish that will make me look brown! I LOVE it!! I just bought a backup today because i am so afraid of not being able to find this color again! I get tons of compliments when i am wearing it, i love it because i know it looks good too :) haha! The formulation is in fact streaky and kinda thick which turns it into a huge mess but i just bought the OPI nail thinner just for this polish so i am hoping it will help because it is my ultimate favorite nail polish color!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Witchitaito

MY FAV! Everytime I wear this polish it is NOTHING but a stream of COMPLIMETS! No matter how pale I may be (not a great tanner) it always makes me look tanned. It can be hard to apply going on a little streaky and bubbling if too thick. But after playing around I find if I do one coat before bed leave it for the night, a second coat in the morning with a top finish makes it the perfect opaque-ness and least amount of imperfections.
Haven't tried it on my toes yet but I'm sure it will look perfect there too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl82

This is one of my favorite colors. I was looking for a higher quality version of NYC "Polyester Pink" since the ladies at the salon seemed to hate the quality of that polish. This fits the bill times 10. It's a really pretty Barbie/Bubblegum pink color without shimmer. It's a nice creme color. I apply a white coat of paint, then 2 coats of this and it's great. It's probably in my top five favorite colors.