La Mer Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

4.5

Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Recently purchased this loose powder in the Neutral shade after trying countless others that were promoted for working great on combo and oily skin types. Most other brands oxidized with my skin oils and turned darker and/or muddy appearance. Thus far, the powder has stayed true to color and has helped even out liquid foundations that also have turned darker/muddier after wearing for an hour or so. The powder itself is exceptionally fine milled and is even silkier than Cle de Peau Beaute's loose powder that many people have reviewed highly as well. I'm not such a fan of their color choice is a light pink hue that's supposed to disappear and blend into your skin, but I always get a whitish effect no matter how soft-handed I am at applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have this is translucent and bronze (which I think they discontinued) I can't express how much I loveeeee this loose powder. It's great for us girls who don't like heavy makeup and who wants that glow. I find that la mers foundations are a bit too greasy for my oily skin but this powder is perfect. It basically doesn't have any coverage but totally evens out my skin. IMO the price is really good because for $65 you get a hugeeeee jar. Def recommend this!

Ok so I tried this for the first time this morning. While I was putting it on, it didn't seem like anything special. I was kinda disappointed at first. Then I left the house and started running my errands. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I had to look again. I couldn't believe how good my skin looked. I thought at first that the powder would not provide the coverage that I need but it does!! I have this in transluscent and it still covers! I'm in love with everything about it. I even love the box and container it came in! Gorgeous! Now, I'm just waiting for my Treatment Foundation to come and I'll review that later. Love this and will buy again!!

This powder is AWESOME! It is my first La Mer product and the raving reviews ring true. I am more medium than light and I got neutral. It seems like it could work for many skin colors though. It is a HUGE jar-about 3 x the size of my other powders so it is actually a value if you think about how long it will last. I was surprised they'd price this much at 65 bucks, but I won't complain:) I ordered on the La Mer site and got 2 free samples and it was shipped super fast:) I'm a happy customer!

Love, love it. I tried to buy this at Bloomies a few times and they seem to out all the time. I had to check La Mer’s website twice and finally they had it and I ordered one. I can see why this powder flies off the shelf. I’ve been using it for a week and when I get too lazy, I just brush this all over and my face looks smooth and fresh. I’ve tried others but this beats them hands down. Best of all, I love how it feels and how it makes me skin feels…soft.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best loose powder ever.
I had use so many brand before, this is indeed the most expensive one.
it has some light effect that make you skin look flawless, especially when you take photo, my face just look perfect with no heavy makeup effects . nature and and nice.
I will have to buy it again and again unless i can find something better.

With this powder, I cannot get over how lovely my skin looks (soft, smooth, velvet-y, air-brushed, radiant). As I am a skeptic of La Mer's quality overall (I am NOT a fan of La Mer skin care), I only tried (and bought on the spot) this powder b/c of the MUA reviews. As everyone wrote, the price is very reasonable considering the quantity ($65 for .88 oz or 25 gms vs. Dior that is $72 for .88 oz translating it from $46 for .56 oz). I rarely ever "feel" loose powder on my face but La Mer's Loose Powder is the lightest "feel" out of all loose powders I have tried/used. As for the surreal huge jar, I guess La Mer wanted us to have a huge La Mer trophy on our make-up tables (at least it's pretty and kitschy!).

As for shade, I had an interesting experience as my SA at Bergdorfs was the most uncaring, aloof SA one could ask for. I basically had to help myself and test everything by myself. I put "Neutral" on 1/2 of my face and "Beige" on the other 1/2. Beige looks lighter in the jar but it actually came out duller and darker than the "Neutral" on my face. "Neutral" actually lit up my face and made it more radiant. I even put the "translucent" on top of the "beige" color hoping the shimmery particles would compete with the "neutral" color. Not a chance. Even the blase, disinterested SA perked up, got up off her chair, walked over and looked at my face with the "neutral" side with wonder commenting how "bright, radiant" the "neutral" had made my 1/2 face look, "so much better than the other side". Lesson: it's really important to test the colors on your face, in the store with good light and then outside again with good light.

After I purchased this powder, I walked over to the next counter (Natura Bisse, my favorite skincare line). The saleswoman was hawking their new tinted sun cream and when I balked at the thick color of the sun cream (I have refused to wear any foundation or skin make-up my whole life), she commented "well you wear foundation, no?". I said never, only a light dusting of loose powder and she was highly impressed by the effect of the La Mer Loose Powder on my bare skin as it gave my skin the "finished, polished" look but still very natural.

Other Loose Powders I've used:
- La Prarie: soft but felt and looked "flat", a bit old fashioned, NOT air-y
- C. Dior (in the deep blue square container with the gorgeous brush): wonderful (soft, radiant, airbrushed look, controlled shine all day, but they discontinued this formula :-(
- Make Up Forever Matte Loose Powder: so soft but compared to La Mer, not a chance as this soft powder feels and looks flat compared to La Mer (comparing these: MUForever to La Mer Powder on your hand will make it very obvious)
- Nars: felt chalky and rough compared to La Mer

I am Korean, 43 years old (facialists/aestheticians guess I am 26 - 33). I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however very prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Perricone MD, Jurlique, Cosmedicine, DHC Olive Oil Cleanser, and MD Forte Cleanser II & III.

Over all the best of the best

Normal days I just wear it after moisture and I get perfect finish, smooth, shining, flawless... the finish is so beautiful.

The only thing i am not that satisfy is the package is too huge. I can not put it in my makeup drawer......

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

My skin: I have the kind of combo skin where the oily pores sucks in whatever product I have on, mixes it with some sticky sebum, then spews it back out onto the drier skin surface for the sebum/powder paste to dry up, resulting in blotchy cakiness by 1pm, so the majority of the time my face looks dirty and messy. But even on skin as *lovely* as mine, La Mer doesn't ever cake, no matter how long I've had it on or how much I've sweated.

Shade: At the store I swatched "Translucent", which was way too shimmery for my combo skin (it looked like a subtle highlighter), so I got the lightest matte shade "01 Creme" for my NW15 skin since what I'm looking for is a powder to set my foundation and add a natural finish. Don't fret about finding your perfect shade as the sheerness of the shades is very forgiving.

Finish: This is only matte in the sense that it doesn't contain sparkles - it doesn't look flat/monotone at all. It's like baby skin, glowy and transparent, where you can see the flesh underneath the skin layer (that came out less pleasant than I intended, but you get my drift). It seems to smooth away pores and minor skintone uneven-ness, without adding a 'layered' look.

Oil control: I didn't expect this to control oil (since it looks so glowy as opposed to the heavy matte-ness you associate with effective oil-control powders), but every single day of this past week, I didn't have to use a blotting sheet once. I admit that by the end of the day (10hr), my skin did look "shinier" than in the morning but it wasn't the greasy kind of shine that you need to blot, but rather the natural kind of glow after a long day. My foundation also didn't look blotchy like it normally does.

Texture comparison: The following photos feature La Mer as well as 2 other finishing powders that I used to love. Notice how they compare next to La Mer: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish appears grainy, while Make Up For Ever HD Powder looks unnaturally matte which almost appears opaque-ish. La Mer does not form a layer of visible product or emphasize fine lines. The only difference between La Mer and 'nothingness' is that it will take away the flaws in your skin. Application is straightforward, no special techniques needed: lightly dip brush into powder (duo fiber or dense brushes both work well) , tap off excess, then brush or stipple onto skin. The included puff works too but I prefer the evenness of a brush.

Price: The jar contains 20g of product which is twice as much as most other companies', so if you break the price down, it's not as outrageous as it first appears. I'm pretty sure this'll last me a lifetime since you only need a tiny portion each time so really, it's worth it - I've wasted much more money on numerous other powders that I never even finished. Ladies, do give this a try, it could become your HG for life, and CAD$101 is a small price to pay for that.

Photos taken in yellow lighting so you can focus on product texture without being distracted by shade inconsistencies.

continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

TOTALLY LOVE this powder. best loose powder ever. my skin is oily, and it does helps my skin looks not so oily. very soft and light. will last me over a year i think since its HUGE. mine is creme, n bought it at SGD123. worth the money though. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. My daily MU start with moisturizer (use La Mer Gel Moist n love it as well), clinique pore minimizer, Laneige snow crystal found and La Mer Powder as the finishing touch. i dont even feel im wearing powder since its just sooooooo light. will repurchase again and again and again

Recommended for Normal Skin