December 18, 2014 | 1163 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by elainegel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Shnnn.

Really wanted to love this. I got this with Playsticks and in the shop all was well. It stuck about!

But I just didn't like this.

Cons (for me)

The application. I'd prefer a pump.
The feel - Silky at first but can be quite flaky
The look - an hour of so in and it seems to be patchy in some areas

I did like the cute pot, as always, and I enjoyed the idea of it, but for me, bit of a no.

Sorry Benefit - i love you. xx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by barbraella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am surprised with how many negative reviews that this has gotten i find this to be one of the best primers i have ever used,i noticed that some people have said that they dont know what this is for i reackon it is good as a primer before you put on your foundation which you blend with the sponge that comes with the tin,it really helps with smoothing your pores and controls oil aswell and i sometimes used it over my makeup by patting lightly to get rid of excess shine,i wouldnt recommend it to women with dry skin since it is mattifying (i reackon that gal is better for drier skin) also it is insanely expensive in australia about 55 aus dollars so im rarely able to get this but overall i think that this is a good product and once you get the hang of it you may change your mind.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jakelovesmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. This is probably one of the worst primers I have come across. Initial touch, it feels silky smooth...quite impressive. However, as soon as it is applied onto the skin under makeup, it creates an oily under surface causing the makeup to slide around the face. The only people I can see this product working for is extremely dry skin. However, for a primer for anyone who has any amount of oil in their skin, this is not the product for you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's one of my favourite primers but I don't suggest that you try it unless you have dry skin as it is very rich for a primer and I can't say if it offers any oil control. it does the job though, has pretty natural ingredients and the smell is strong but not annoying. The packaging really frustrates me though as the lid gets stuck way too often and it's also not very hygienic to have your primer in a jar.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know BeneFit makes a "mini" Dr. Feelgood which is sold at Sephora, but my local store was sold out of the minis on the day I shopped. So, one of the Beauty Advisors loaded up one of their sample containers for me to take home and try (and I suspect that sample container probably holds about as much as the "mini" I was prepared to pay 9.00 for, so thank you, Sephora!)

The texture of Dr. Feelgood *is* different from similar products, which are usually a gel. Dr. Feelgood is like a paste, which softens from the warmth in your skin and feels powdery after application.

Dr. Feelgood can be used both under and over foundation. (Under foundation when applying your makeup initially, then over foundation *after* blotting oil, for touchup later in the day).

It's very important NOT to use too much of the product. I'm testing it to try to control my oily forehead, and to minimize the size of the pores and oil breakthrough on my cheeks near my nose. If you know the size of the sample containers at Sephora, I've been testing Dr. Feelgood every day for a week now and I've about used 2/3 of the container. If the product is not absorbing into your skin almost immediately when you apply it, you are using too much. You'll see the mattifying effect right away.

To use to touch up oil breakthough during the day, it's really important to first blot away any excess oil using oil-blotting paper (this is true whether you're touching up with Dr. Feelgood, powder, or any other product). Then, take a tiny bit of Dr. Feelgood on your fingertip (I usually rub it between two fingertips to warm and soften it), then tap it onto the oily area. If you try and rub or spread it on, it WILL move around the makeup underneath.

Insofar as the scent - at first, it reminded me faintly of Vick's VapoRub. But then I read another reviewer who said it's scent is of the herb rosemary, and I think she hit the nail on the head. However, I admit I base my reviews of products on performance, not on scent, because I've yet to buy a product (other than perfume, of course!) whose scent lingers more than a minute or so on my skin. I'm just not in the habit of sticking my nose into my makeup. So, it's not a big concern of mine.

I think Dr. Feelgood does a great job at controlling oil and minimizing pores. Thus far, it hasn't made me break out. At this time, it looks like I will be purchasing the full size Dr. Feelgood when I've used up my sample.

I'm giving it four lippies because I haven't tested *every* mattifier on the market, so I don't know for certain if there isn't one out there that can prevent oil breakthrough for an entire day, with no touch ups required. I sort of doubt such a product exists, though!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetr0seberry

Works great, but the menthol smell is so strong and overpowering. It lasted throughout the workday and my coworker even noticed it. I find that the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure works just as well but without the strong scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I reviewed this product a few years ago and this is an update.

I always keep this little guy around! Yes, on the one hand it's expensive BUT on the other hand, it lasts for a long, long time. The tin container is cute and travels well but it can be hard to open sometimes. The sponge smells as these sponges sometimes tend to do but can be washed easily and u can buy them in bulk at any drugstore to replace the one it comes with for cleanliness.

SO. What exactly does Dr. Feelgood do? Benefit is a company that sells sometime nifty stuff at an overprice without telling us exactly what we're supposed to use it for. Between this and the fact that Benefit mua's don't know either makes matters worse. A fine example is the face powder for pale pink complexions otherwise known as "Dandelion" which mua's pawn off as a blush even tho it says 'face powder' in the packaging.

Dr. Feelgood is sort of a primer that makes the skin soft and pores seem to diminish and can mattify for the not so oily complexions. Left to its own devices, my skin would be dry, mature. With my spf moisturizer, my skin can look a bit shiny or greasy. So I press my sponge into Dr. Feelgood and then press gently and quickly (pat, pat, pat) into my face. Wait a few minutes for DF to 'melt' into skin. My skin is smooth, poreless and a little matte, looking 'glowy'. I rarely use liquid makeup but if I do I would apply it first and then use DF. I use blush and sometimes powder over DF . A couple of hours after applying my makeup my skin looks fabulous. I have also used DF after applying full makeup (it won't smear if you pat, pat, pat INTO the skin with a press and lift motion). As the night wears on, my skin becomes more poreless.

This little gem works better than any other primer I have ever used except for Avon's tinted one that they discontinued. Having said all this, no primer is a one brand suits all. But for normal to dry skin types I would certainly recommend Dr. Feelgood. I would also recommend Benefit's Poreless which I also have and use but it is pricey and I tend not to use it as much.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

Upon immediate application skin feels silky smooth. 5 minutes later you feel like an oil slick, your oily parts will be shining away and your dry areas will look ashy.

Not only does this product feel horrible it actually does nothing other than cause a few breakouts. The packaging seems unhygienic too; a dense sponge and a tin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by brownsauce07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Personally I feel that this product is so overrated. The packaging is cool but there is little if any hygiene consideration. The sponge applicator ends up smearing off the foundation/makeup that you have and then gets mixed up with the primer. Does not look attractive. They should have used a tube like packaging for the hygiene of it all. As for the formula itself, well, to be honest with you, upon initial application it is ok, but after a while it can go a bit gritty on the skin and the smell of it lingers on your skin all day. It does cover pores and acts as an ok primer - but nothing too special. There are better primers out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Kawarigoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I currently have the Dr. Feelgood "sample" size. I give this product an overall rating of 3/5, for now. I am positive I will change this review in the next 24 hours.

When I first sampled this product, I took a quick swab from my right index finger onto the surface of my left hand. I absolutely loved the results. What drew me in to this product was the way it glided across my skin and the flawless complexion. When I purchased my little tin, I was astonished to find that it came with a little sponge. I have no idea how to use to product on my face, or the product onto the sponge onto my face.

After a few days of frustration, I started using Dr. Feelgood in this manner: in the morning, I would rest my index finger on the product for a bit and make small circles. You could say that I'm warming up the product. From previous experience, I found that if I just wanted to apply it quickly that the product would dry out immensely fast. I would find dried up product on my finger. As for the sponge, I left it alone. I am debating on heating up the tin with my blow dryer next time I plan on using it or doing an experiment with an empty lipstick case and making a 'stick' out of this product.

Again, my overall rating is 3/5. It looks like it works on my hands and also, the times when I can get it on my face but the application is absolutely horrid.