August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetr0seberry

Works great, but the menthol smell is so strong and overpowering. It lasted throughout the workday and my coworker even noticed it. I find that the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Pure works just as well but without the strong scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I reviewed this product a few years ago and this is an update.

I always keep this little guy around! Yes, on the one hand it's expensive BUT on the other hand, it lasts for a long, long time. The tin container is cute and travels well but it can be hard to open sometimes. The sponge smells as these sponges sometimes tend to do but can be washed easily and u can buy them in bulk at any drugstore to replace the one it comes with for cleanliness.

SO. What exactly does Dr. Feelgood do? Benefit is a company that sells sometime nifty stuff at an overprice without telling us exactly what we're supposed to use it for. Between this and the fact that Benefit mua's don't know either makes matters worse. A fine example is the face powder for pale pink complexions otherwise known as "Dandelion" which mua's pawn off as a blush even tho it says 'face powder' in the packaging.

Dr. Feelgood is sort of a primer that makes the skin soft and pores seem to diminish and can mattify for the not so oily complexions. Left to its own devices, my skin would be dry, mature. With my spf moisturizer, my skin can look a bit shiny or greasy. So I press my sponge into Dr. Feelgood and then press gently and quickly (pat, pat, pat) into my face. Wait a few minutes for DF to 'melt' into skin. My skin is smooth, poreless and a little matte, looking 'glowy'. I rarely use liquid makeup but if I do I would apply it first and then use DF. I use blush and sometimes powder over DF . A couple of hours after applying my makeup my skin looks fabulous. I have also used DF after applying full makeup (it won't smear if you pat, pat, pat INTO the skin with a press and lift motion). As the night wears on, my skin becomes more poreless.

This little gem works better than any other primer I have ever used except for Avon's tinted one that they discontinued. Having said all this, no primer is a one brand suits all. But for normal to dry skin types I would certainly recommend Dr. Feelgood. I would also recommend Benefit's Poreless which I also have and use but it is pricey and I tend not to use it as much.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

Upon immediate application skin feels silky smooth. 5 minutes later you feel like an oil slick, your oily parts will be shining away and your dry areas will look ashy.

Not only does this product feel horrible it actually does nothing other than cause a few breakouts. The packaging seems unhygienic too; a dense sponge and a tin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by brownsauce07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Personally I feel that this product is so overrated. The packaging is cool but there is little if any hygiene consideration. The sponge applicator ends up smearing off the foundation/makeup that you have and then gets mixed up with the primer. Does not look attractive. They should have used a tube like packaging for the hygiene of it all. As for the formula itself, well, to be honest with you, upon initial application it is ok, but after a while it can go a bit gritty on the skin and the smell of it lingers on your skin all day. It does cover pores and acts as an ok primer - but nothing too special. There are better primers out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Kawarigoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I currently have the Dr. Feelgood "sample" size. I give this product an overall rating of 3/5, for now. I am positive I will change this review in the next 24 hours.

When I first sampled this product, I took a quick swab from my right index finger onto the surface of my left hand. I absolutely loved the results. What drew me in to this product was the way it glided across my skin and the flawless complexion. When I purchased my little tin, I was astonished to find that it came with a little sponge. I have no idea how to use to product on my face, or the product onto the sponge onto my face.

After a few days of frustration, I started using Dr. Feelgood in this manner: in the morning, I would rest my index finger on the product for a bit and make small circles. You could say that I'm warming up the product. From previous experience, I found that if I just wanted to apply it quickly that the product would dry out immensely fast. I would find dried up product on my finger. As for the sponge, I left it alone. I am debating on heating up the tin with my blow dryer next time I plan on using it or doing an experiment with an empty lipstick case and making a 'stick' out of this product.

Again, my overall rating is 3/5. It looks like it works on my hands and also, the times when I can get it on my face but the application is absolutely horrid.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with this product... I use it as a primer, before foundation. It always makes my skin look flawless! when I wear it, it seems any acne scars or large pores disappear, and the makeup lasts forever, never melt or smear under any condition (and I mean any!) It's amazing! and then, the next day: break outs. Always, every time I use it. But how can I give up on this if it makes my skin look perfect all night and morning long?? (mind you, my skin is oily and far from perfect, and there isn't any foundation on earth that can last magically as when I wear dr feelgood). So, what I do is to wear it only on special occasions.
packaging: The tin is super cute, but I'm not a fan of the sponge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by luxed2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't understand all the neg reviews on this one. It soaks up my t-zone oil like nothing else and never gets dry or cakey. I think this is a good choice for those who have both oily & dry areas. Also, this should be dabbed on, not rubbed in. Clinique Instant Perfector used to be the best oil-control product for me, however since its recent reformulation it doesn't work as well anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Before I wore "real" makeup (tinted moisturizer, foundation, etc) on a daily basis, I would just use dabs of concealer and a bit of this stuff to mattify my oily skin.

For a while I really liked it. In moderation, it makes your skin soft and velvety. Use too much and you feel like you smothered yourself in Crisco.

Beyond the mattifying effect, it also keeps your skin hydrated. I always thought of it as combining the effects of pressed powder and moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This seems to be a love or hate product. I LOVE it! As a primer, I was using Lanacaine Anti-Chafing gel (as ir's known in the UK) which is about £7 a tube and lasts fairly well. I decided to try this when I was up late and saw a Mally make up compact that looked similar.

First off, there are several different ways to use this product, and you really need to experiment. The girl at the counter applied it over PoreFessional for me, which gave a flawless look - sadly the budget didn't stretch to both. I use it as a primer under my Rebel Lite tinted moisturiser as it gives a lovely matte, smooth base and disguises my gigantic pores. When using a full foundation though (such as Revlon Colourstay, or recently purchased Max Factor Lasting Performance) I simply moisturise my face, then apply the foundation. THEN, I dab Dr Feelgood over the top. This has a blotting effect, and if I was a fan of the dewy look I could probably get away with it just like that. I however then dust with translucent powder. It gives a smooth, natural look and really does seem to minimise pores. It also makes my make up last longer, and wear more evenly where I do need to reapply (really just my nose).

I also love the smell :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I tried Dr. Feelgood because my sister gave it away to me. Now I understand why she decided to give it away... because it's bad! As an oily person, I must say this was a disappointment...
When I applied it, the finish way matte, but then it sadly flaked my skin. Later on in the day, I became super oily! Oilier than ever! This was during the summer and I usually put on my powder foundation. Obviously, the foundation wasn't at fault...