L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 5/20/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It took me a while to warm up to this mascara. When the tube is new, it's a mess. The formula is very, very wet, so if you're not extremely careful it will get everywhere and smudge like crazy. But once the tube has dried out a bit, I love it. It gives fantastic volume and the mascara is jet black. It does have a tendency to clump if you're not careful, but I accept this as a reality of dealing with a mascara that deposits so much volume on your lashes.

Another reason why it's not HG for me, is that it smudges onto my lower lids throughout the day. It's definitely not waterproof either. If I don't take it off before a shower, I'll come out looking like I put greasepaint under my eyes. Even so, I'll probably buy this mascara again if I see it on a sale.

on 5/11/2014 1:50:00 AM

I got this as part of a goodie bag my friend gave me. Considering how mascaras always seem to disappoint besides my trusty Lash Power by Clinique I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

This made my lashes so full and long! Really separates every lash and it makes it look fluttery. Unfortunately it was a mess putting it on because product would get onto my face. I experienced the worse smudging with this mascara. It's also a pain in the ass to remove as well. It never wants to come off.

This is the messiest mascara i've ever tried. No matter how much I wipe off the brush before I apply it, how careful I am, I end up getting this EVERYWHERE. This has never happened to me with any other mascaras before. Once its on it looks fine but I would not repurchase because its such a PITA to apply.

EDIT: Really dislike. After around 2 months, it starts to get really gloopy and clumpy and theres no way to get it to look good. DNW.

on 4/21/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've had this mascara for about a month, and from what I've experienced using almost daily, it's a fantastic mascara. It gives beautiful volume and length with an intense black - when I put on two coats, my Asian sparse, short lashes transform into those va-va-voom lashes that I could only dream of! Taking it off with makeup wipes could be very easily done, too. The downsides are that it does smudge under the eyes and I don't know if it's the mascara or not, but my right eye area has been a little flaky, dry, and red.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I usually wear dark brown mascara, but this is one of the few truly black ones I can pull off. Color = A+ My eyelashes are very thick, and fairly long, so I just need something to add a bit of volume and length, mostly to just draw more attention to them. This does just that.

The only negatives are that it's very wet, so this probably isn't for beginners. Along with that, it always leaves a bit of smudginess under my eyes by the end of the day. So I'll be using this until it's gone, then I'm trying something else. I might buy it again if I can't find anything better.

on 4/9/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This mascara gives some length and lots of volume.The color is a true rich black.This is my 3rd go to mascara..

I highly recommend,and would purchase again

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Very average. Not bad but not amazing. Adds length and volume but not remarkably so on either count.

I did like the Carbon Black color.

It is extremely liquidy and runny. Also takes forever to dry.

on 3/30/2014 9:39:00 PM

This mascara did nothing for me! I heard a lot of hype about this being a great product so I bought it. It flakes and smudges and it smells like chemicals. I'll be sticking with cover girl!

on 3/30/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my number 1 mascara for years. I love it!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials