August 27, 2014 | 1832 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Lalolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

DO NOT BUY THIS! it clumps, it does everything you do not want a mascara to do. Do not waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute FAVOURITE mascara I have ever tried to date. I am so happy with it that even when I try to buy new mascaras I always come back to this one.

First of all, it is truly BLACK as you can get. It separates all my lashes, gives them volume but it almost gives them this beautiful "feathery" and light look that I absolutely LOVE.

I recommend this to EVERYONE I know that is looking for mascara. I have purchased probably 10 tubes of this over the last few years. I don't think I will ever use another mascara unless for some ungodly reason they discontinue this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickaddict194

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I cannot fathom the rave on this mascara. I believe this is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. I will honestly admit that the color is nice, but that is basically the only thing I enjoyed about this product. First flaw: it smudges. I will go to the bathroom at school, look in the mirror and automatically get frustrated. The area under my eyebrows have several, huge smudges of black on them. I have no idea how long I have been walking around looking like that, so I have to wipe the smudges off, along with my highlighting eye shadow. These noticeable smudges are also on the bottom lashes, making the wearer appear to have had a mishap with some eyeliner. Second flaw: clumps when it is applied. When you sweep the brush over your lashes, they seem to automatically clump together and have smalls clumps on top of them. Third flaw: it flakes. When you simply touch the lashes, the mascara seems to break off with little resistance, leaving mascara flakes all over your face. Final flaw: this stuff is bordering on the edge of impossible when it comes to taking it off. I normally don't have to use makeup remover to take off mascara, but this one I did. It didn't even come off. I would wipe baby oil over them repeatedly, but some of the mascara stayed put. Once I wake up in the morning, I have intense raccoon eyes. There are rivers of mascara all around my eyes. If I take a shower, the mascara still refuses to move. I get out of the shower are the raccoon eyes are still evident. After scrubbing them with a damp towel, they are less bold, but now there are large smudges of mascara across the top half of my face.
This product, overall, was not high quality and I would not recommend this to anyone, unless they wish to waste their money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by stuffaboutbeauty

This is my perfect mascara ever. The thing I like best is that it is such a simple wand, it does the job and its not too fat so that I don't get it all over my eye when I'm trying to get the base of my lashes. It's not too goopy when I pull the wand out so I don't have all the extra product just sitting there in a mess. It is waterproof and doesn't clump up my lashes, it does harden but it doesn't flake off like some I have used before have. Would definitely recommend this over all other drugstore and high end mascara's out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

For something named carbon, I didn't find it any darker than any other black mascara. No clumps however smears way too easily. On lower lashes, I looked like the crying version of Tammy Fay Baker within half an hour of application.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

A great base but would never finish with this alone. Very goopy and not for beginners.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by SaraKayH

I am very conflicted on this product. It goes on great blah blah but it does not stay....at all. it's like it just doesn't dry. it stays almost like a gel. I hate it. it comes off 5 minutes later and I have to keep reapplying and reapplying and reapplying. a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by marieben

This mascara gives great volume and length. it rarely clumps and makes your lashes look dark and defined. i like the brush and the product doesn't dry out quickly. it doesn't flake. it looks great on the lashes. the problem is it SMUDGES LIKE CRAZY. i bought the waterproof version because i have problems with smudging and this smudged like no other mascara i have tried. it smudges the whole day and not just a little, it smudges a lot! you put it on, half an hour later you have smudges and i constantly wipe it off but it smudges again an hour later. its so sad that it does this because this would be a really great mascara if it didn't. also since i bought the waterproof version it it kinda hard to remove. overall i would not repurchase this mascara because of the smudging problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MightyMascara

Dang no clumps!!

it millionizes way more the the voluminess million lashes does!!

I love it very much it volumizes very easily, the only problem is it get a lot on the tip of the applicator when you take it out, but still worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is the only drug store mascara I'll use. I'm not a make up snob,but when it comes to mascara I find given my type of lashes(non existant) I fair better with high end mascaras, Dior Blackout being my favourite.However,this one is very good.It does take a few uses to "come to" but when it does it builds long thick dark lashes without clumping or smudging.Layers very well.Nice black, easily removed.Not as good as Dior,but hey , for the price this is a jewel at the drug store.