St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hexylcinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035) (CI 16035), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (CI 42090)

on 7/16/2011 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really love this body wash - it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized. I have pretty dry legs, so this helps keeps them hydrated better than any other shower gel/soap I've used. Highly recommend if you have dry skin!

on 6/25/2011 4:13:00 PM

The only body wash I can use! I have eczema and very sensitive skin so I really have to be careful in what I use. This has been terrific! The scents very mild, lathers beautifully, feels wonderful and best of all, never irritates my skin. I've used this wash exclusively for two years and it leaves my skin clean but moisturized. I adore this wash simply because it's basic and effective and no irritation. I pour some on my bath sponge and just enjoy my shower. If you have skin sensitivities, I highly recommend this and again, the scent is subtle and very soothing but you almost can't smell it unless you put your nose directly to your skin which is an added bonus. Love love love this!!!

on 6/19/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wasn't too thrilled with this. I quickly grabbed some at the local drug store when i went to visit family in Palm Springs. The smell to me, is an off putting fake, plastic, vanilla-oatmeal scent and the body wash itself seemed like a typical, run of the mill body wash. Nothing special.
The price was ok, but i have used even cheaper body washes that were just as good and smelled better.

on 6/14/2011 10:51:00 AM

Best body wash I have ever used...so far. I have been using this for about three weeks. I can go three days and not feel oily. Which is great. Just tried it on my hair today. I am going to see if it makes my hair oily the next day or if it does to my scalp what it does to my body (not making it oily so fast). I used to use soap bars to wash my body and the next day I would feel sooo oily and discusting that if I did not shower I would feel filthy. I also tried Dial bodywash and Suave body wash and they also made me feel oily the next day.This stuff, im guessing, balances out the skin so you feel cleaner longer. My body acne is clearing up which I developed because of bar soap by the way! This product does not dry skin out. I love this product!!!

It smells really good and it's cheap :)

on 5/1/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first bought this when I took a weekend trip and realized I forgot all my personal care products at home. A frantic time, indeed. Stopped at a Target and bought a trial size of this. My first impression was that it smelled good and cleaned well. I bought a full size a few months later, but after using for a few weeks the smell became really off-putting and I had to quit using it. The version I used had the oatmeal and shea butter as the next to last ingredients, so I wondered, "Why bother?". I think St. Ives has since reformulated this product for the umpteenth time (seems St. Ives' only purpose is to reformulate and repackage its products) and now has more of the oatmeal and shea butter. If you are looking for a cheap body wash with those ingredients and don't mind the smell, this is a good option.

on 4/15/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Like everyone else. I love this, gentle and softening but best of all, I started using it as a shampoo and wow. It doesn't strip hair at all and makes my hair so soft and fragile curls in perfect spirals not looking dry and frizzy at all. It also doesn't strip my dyed red hair. I alternate with suave naturals almond shea butter (because it is a little more stripping) just to make sure my scalp is getting really cleaned. Try it.

on 4/5/2011 9:06:00 PM

my all time favorite body wash. light scent, lathers nicely without overdrying. gentle enough to use on every part of body, leaves you feeling clean and soft. much better than other pricier moisturizing body washes (such as dove) that leave you oily and don't clean well. i always go back to this body wash. every time i try something new i am disappointed. i will continue to use this until they stop making it!

on 4/3/2011 6:13:00 PM

A really nice scent, lathers well, after my shower I noticed a bit of residue on my skin but it didn't last long. All in all a great body wash.

on 3/28/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my current body wash. Cleans well, moisturizes and doesn't dry out my skin. Lathers nicely and is not irritating on my skin either. Smells amazing! Scent lingers on your skin for awhile. Would definitely repurchase and try out different scents from this range. :)