December 19, 2014 | 1089 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by edgeofadream

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wasn't too thrilled with this. I quickly grabbed some at the local drug store when i went to visit family in Palm Springs. The smell to me, is an off putting fake, plastic, vanilla-oatmeal scent and the body wash itself seemed like a typical, run of the mill body wash. Nothing special.
The price was ok, but i have used even cheaper body washes that were just as good and smelled better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by rebs89

Best body wash I have ever used...so far. I have been using this for about three weeks. I can go three days and not feel oily. Which is great. Just tried it on my hair today. I am going to see if it makes my hair oily the next day or if it does to my scalp what it does to my body (not making it oily so fast). I used to use soap bars to wash my body and the next day I would feel sooo oily and discusting that if I did not shower I would feel filthy. I also tried Dial bodywash and Suave body wash and they also made me feel oily the next day.This stuff, im guessing, balances out the skin so you feel cleaner longer. My body acne is clearing up which I developed because of bar soap by the way! This product does not dry skin out. I love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

It smells really good and it's cheap :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I first bought this when I took a weekend trip and realized I forgot all my personal care products at home. A frantic time, indeed. Stopped at a Target and bought a trial size of this. My first impression was that it smelled good and cleaned well. I bought a full size a few months later, but after using for a few weeks the smell became really off-putting and I had to quit using it. The version I used had the oatmeal and shea butter as the next to last ingredients, so I wondered, "Why bother?". I think St. Ives has since reformulated this product for the umpteenth time (seems St. Ives' only purpose is to reformulate and repackage its products) and now has more of the oatmeal and shea butter. If you are looking for a cheap body wash with those ingredients and don't mind the smell, this is a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by CODYKERI

Like everyone else. I love this, gentle and softening but best of all, I started using it as a shampoo and wow. It doesn't strip hair at all and makes my hair so soft and fragile curls in perfect spirals not looking dry and frizzy at all. It also doesn't strip my dyed red hair. I alternate with suave naturals almond shea butter (because it is a little more stripping) just to make sure my scalp is getting really cleaned. Try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by twink29

my all time favorite body wash. light scent, lathers nicely without overdrying. gentle enough to use on every part of body, leaves you feeling clean and soft. much better than other pricier moisturizing body washes (such as dove) that leave you oily and don't clean well. i always go back to this body wash. every time i try something new i am disappointed. i will continue to use this until they stop making it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really nice scent, lathers well, after my shower I noticed a bit of residue on my skin but it didn't last long. All in all a great body wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is my current body wash. Cleans well, moisturizes and doesn't dry out my skin. Lathers nicely and is not irritating on my skin either. Smells amazing! Scent lingers on your skin for awhile. Would definitely repurchase and try out different scents from this range. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bodywash, it smells amazing. I love how soft my skin is and you can smell it all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by TrendySpork

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do love this body wash, but it's slightly drying to my skin. I've had to use it for shaving when in a pinch (I couldn't tell how much shaving cream I had left. Oops!), and it wasn't so bad. I would buy it again when my etailer body wash runs out. (Whenever that is)