July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Gels/Soaps - St. Ives - Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I first bought this when I took a weekend trip and realized I forgot all my personal care products at home. A frantic time, indeed. Stopped at a Target and bought a trial size of this. My first impression was that it smelled good and cleaned well. I bought a full size a few months later, but after using for a few weeks the smell became really off-putting and I had to quit using it. The version I used had the oatmeal and shea butter as the next to last ingredients, so I wondered, "Why bother?". I think St. Ives has since reformulated this product for the umpteenth time (seems St. Ives' only purpose is to reformulate and repackage its products) and now has more of the oatmeal and shea butter. If you are looking for a cheap body wash with those ingredients and don't mind the smell, this is a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by CODYKERI

Like everyone else. I love this, gentle and softening but best of all, I started using it as a shampoo and wow. It doesn't strip hair at all and makes my hair so soft and fragile curls in perfect spirals not looking dry and frizzy at all. It also doesn't strip my dyed red hair. I alternate with suave naturals almond shea butter (because it is a little more stripping) just to make sure my scalp is getting really cleaned. Try it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by twink29

my all time favorite body wash. light scent, lathers nicely without overdrying. gentle enough to use on every part of body, leaves you feeling clean and soft. much better than other pricier moisturizing body washes (such as dove) that leave you oily and don't clean well. i always go back to this body wash. every time i try something new i am disappointed. i will continue to use this until they stop making it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A really nice scent, lathers well, after my shower I noticed a bit of residue on my skin but it didn't last long. All in all a great body wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is my current body wash. Cleans well, moisturizes and doesn't dry out my skin. Lathers nicely and is not irritating on my skin either. Smells amazing! Scent lingers on your skin for awhile. Would definitely repurchase and try out different scents from this range. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bodywash, it smells amazing. I love how soft my skin is and you can smell it all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by TrendySpork

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I do love this body wash, but it's slightly drying to my skin. I've had to use it for shaving when in a pinch (I couldn't tell how much shaving cream I had left. Oops!), and it wasn't so bad. I would buy it again when my etailer body wash runs out. (Whenever that is)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite thing about this product is that a 16 oz. bottle will cost you much less than a 12 oz. bottle of body wash from a comparable brand. It's so cheap! And I have no complaints. I mean, it's nothing prolific, but it lathers up nicely (I can easily use it as a shaving lubricant as well), smells great, and leaves my skin clean and soft. I don't see a reason to try anything else at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by ckunkel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nice, doesn't dry skin out or make me itch. Price is nice and low.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I use this a lot it cleans really nicely and smells pretty good. Sometimes I need a break from the scent which is precisely why I have like three to four body washes in my shower. But this is one that I tend to come back to.