Olay Complete All Day Moisturize Cream with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sensitive

Ingredients EU version *NOT US VERSION*: Aqua, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Isopropyl Palmitate, Octocrylene, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Aloe Vera Gel, Chamomilla Recutita, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, Arachidyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-13 Pareth-3, Laureth-7, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben. Ingredients classic US version: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Polyacrylamide C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-20/20 Dimethicone, Steareth 21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Steareth 2, Oleth-3 Phosphate. Ingredients new US version: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 5.0% OCTISALATE, 3.0% AVOBENZONE, 3.0% HOMOSALATE, 2.6% OCTOCRYLENE. ALSO CONTAINS: WATER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, NIACINAMIDE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ISOHEXADECANE, POLYSORBATE 60, DIMETHICONOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, ASCORBIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, PEG-4 LAURATE, PEG-4 DILAURATE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, PEG-4, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-100 STEARATE.

on 9/6/2009 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Why must companies always take the good popular products and reformulate them?
The new formula is thicker, and they have replaced zinc oxide with chemical sunscreen and there's the sunscreen smell to prove it. Oh, and did I mention they also put in multiple types of parabens in the new formula?

I tried looking for the old version everywhere, and for all of you who are trying to find it, I finally found it at COSTCO today. There were plenty of them but I'm thinking the old version won't be restocked, so get yours there in a pack of 2 before theyr'e all gone.

on 9/5/2009 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My review is for the OLD version of Olay Complete Sensitive Skin SPF 15, I've been using it for years. This version of the lotion is a HG daytime moisturizer for me. It works well with my skin, properly moisturizes it, and isn't too greasy. It doesn't cause breakouts and sinks in pretty quickly. This doesn't have that sunscreen smell & is great for sensitive skin. I have often wished Olay made a moisturizer just like it, but without the sunscreen for night-time use. This product was perfect, I don't know why they had to change the formula. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I've heard the new version is horrible, causes irritation & pimples, and has a loud smell. They changed the active ingredient...I believe they've changed all the sunscreen formulas, now carrying a yellow label on the box, instead of green. So if you can still find the old formula, grab it or get a generic version of it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was the moisturizer I have relied on for years, but now have been forced to change! I was very upset to discover the other day at the grocery store that Olay has changed their formula. It supposedly has greater sun protection, but as a result SMELLS like sunscreen and BURNS my skin (although it is made for sensitive skin). I sadly returned the new bottle and am now in search of a new daily moisturizer...any recommendations?

on 8/30/2009 3:23:00 AM

I loved the old version of this cream. It was pretty much the only face cream with SPF that did not irritate my skin at all that I stuck with it for years. However, to my disappointment, I bought one jar with the new formula and it was absolutely horrible -- hard to absorb, left a greasy feel and made my face look shiny. What is the worst is that, once a reliable go-to product, it now breaks me out. I felt completely betrayed after being loyal to the original formula for years. Unless Olay brings the old version back, I will never buy this product again.

on 8/15/2009 6:08:00 PM

The reason why this product has a high rating is because 98% of the reviews are reviewing the original product, not the new formula. I loyally used this lotion everyday for 5 years and am sorry to say that they changed the formula. The new formula is absolutely horrible. Greasy, awful strong sunscreen smell (even though the SPF is still 15), and it leaves your face extremely oily looking. It also broke me out and I never break out. Why mess with a great product? And it was also more expensive than it was before. This is a total waste of money.

on 8/5/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was especially interested in this because it is fragrance free and inexpensive. It's marketed as fragrance free but I think it has a very faint perfumelike scent to it but nothing very noticeable or strong. I have dry skin and this did not provide enough moisture. It does not seem to sink into skin well. I kept using anyways because I just didn't have time to look for a new moisturizer but now that summer has arrived, I am getting bad reactions from this. I sometimes go for long walks in the sun and lately, my face would itch afterwards especially the nose area and my face is by no means sensitive. Now that I've switched to another product, the itching is no more. I would not buy this again...wish I still have the receipt so that I can return.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought the new formulation, and I do not like it at all. It smells strongly of sunscreen, and it feels greasier going on the face. I really liked the old version...I don't know why companies have to mess up a good thing. Oh well...

EDIT: I am now using Trader Joe's Enrich facial lotion, which is exactly like the old version. Love it! Check out my Trader Joe's review if you're interested.

Super fricken cheap. $9 for a big bottle. I have dry cheeks with a slightly oily t-zone. This does make my face look/feel a little greasy but I just let it sink in and its fine. Moisturizes the same as a $30+

on 7/12/2009 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I use this everyday with 2-3 drops of jojoba oil. Otherwise, it's too drying, and too whitish. I like that it doesn't irritate my skin, and god knows how difficult it was for me to find something with sunscreen that wont break me out! So, as a sunscreen I rate it high, but as a moisturizer by itself it's not very effective.

on 7/10/2009 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have used this moisturizer since childhood because it is what my mother has always used. Now I've realized that my skin needs more moisture than what this gives. A little bit of this goes a long way, so it's pretty easy on the wallet as it is inexpensive in the first place. One bottle will last for a very long time (6+ months) with daily use. I would say it's a very good product for someone with normal (not dry) skin who doesn't want to throw down a lot of cash for a basic moisturizer.