December 19, 2014 | 794 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh yeah!!!! This stuff really works. If you find regular deodorants/antiperspirants are not doing it for you, try this. Not much more expensive, and after a few weeks, you don't even need to use it every day, so cost wise, it's about the same. (cheapest at Walmart ) My body overheats when the temps go above 75 - it was a nightmare when I used to have to get dressed up for my work, and within 20 minutes of putting on a silk blouse, my underarms would already be wet. It was uncomfortable and embarrassing. I tried every different type of deodorant, including mens, that was sold....then I read about Certain-Dri in a magazine.

You put it on at night after washing/showering - but make sure you are dry first. Never EVER put it on after shaving, if you do, you will be sorry. If I shave in the morning, I can use it at night with no problems. After applying, hold your arms up a few secs to let it get mostly dry. After a few weeks, you can go to using every other night...and now, after using it for a few years, I only put it on maybe 3 times a week.

I just wish they would make a similar product for my head. I am one of those head-sweaters. As soon as I get too hot, the rest of my body might be fine, but my head starts sweating. It really sucks. I should try shampooing with this stuff...????

Unlike some other reviewers, I've never had any trouble with the packaging. Also, they have a solid type - but I prefer the liquid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

About 15 years ago, I was fed up with my underarm perspiration's turning all my white clothes yellow in that area of the garment.
I've never had an odor situation with my underarms, but I was perspiring daily more than was comfortable (which is odd - or maybe it's logical - since I rarely perspire anywhere else) and this was slowly getting worse as the years went by.
The last straw was when I perspired so much through a wool turtleneck that I permanently ruined the underarm fabric of a new camel-colored blazer that I was wearing for the first time (on a date).
I mentioned this to my mother and she told me about Certain Dri, which up until then she had been buying from her dry cleaner (she couldn't find it anywhere else). She sent me a bottle and it was fantastic. I used it once every 3 days and never had a problem with underarm perspiration again.
Then we noticed it was available in drugstores - I think I had to ask the pharmacist for it the first time I got it in a drugstore, and then later it was on the shelf, but in a different place from the ordinary anti-perspirants. Nowadays in the US it seems to be put alongside the ordinary anti-perspirants.
If you are not in the US and are looking for it but not finding it, you might ask the pharmacists in case they are displaying it in a different section of their stores.
Even though they say to only put it on at night, I take my shower in the morning and it's awkward (probably mentally more than anything) for me to put this on top of "dirty" skin before bed, so I wait 20 minutes after my morning shower and put it on then.
Just once every 3 days. Sometimes I forget and go about 4 days before I notice perspiration returning.
(My mom got to the point where she didn't have to put this on but once a week, and then she stopped needing to use it at all, she told me.)
There have been a few occasions where I forgot that I had shaved earlier that day, and mistakenly put this on 20 minutes after getting out of the shower, and WOW did I get burning, bright red rashes from this, which took a long time to die down, several hours in fact. That's been the only negative I've experienced from using this, though.
The packaging could be improved -- the bottle often leaks and/or dribbles, even when handled carefully and with the lid kept tightly closed between uses. The last time I travelled, I took it in my suitcase and half the bottle dispersed in my toiletry bag even though the lid was on tight.
I've never seen the need to use their companion morning-use deodorant or whatever it is. I think that's mainly a marketing thing, because they probably noticed that people just wanted to put something on under their arms after they washed every morning.
I think the price on this has gone down quite a bit - it was pretty expensive when mom would get it from the dry cleaners, then was about 10 or 12 dollars from the only pharmacy I could find it at, but now I think it's just 3 or 4 dollars at Walmart.
I always keep a spare new bottle on hand, in case they discontinue this, like they've done with so many of my "holy grail" products over the last 10 years!
By the way, apparently some people who have sweaty feet apply this to their feet for relief.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I fell into the hype of the prescription strength deodorants (I'm looking at you Secret and Suave) but I couldn't stand paying so much for a product that only lasted me a month or so. I read on MUA all of the positive reviews so I got it at Walmart for like $5. I started off using it at bedtime like it says, but it didn't really work for my schedule. I am somewhat paranoid when it comes to deodorant. I always use two kinds of deo daily! The solid or roll on plus a spray! Crazy! I apply this right after my shower, wait about 5 minutes before dressing so that it has a chance to dry, then apply my spray and put on my shirt. I've used this after shaving and yes it stings but it isn't painful and only lasts a few minutes. I am in the military and tend to sweat a LOT due to my "hot flashes" and the weight of the uniform in this southern heat (even now). I've been using this for a little over a month now and I no longer sweat under my arms at all! One bottle will last you a longgg time. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by 4Bella

The best product on the market. Really works.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Rosieb612

Gave me razor Burn!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by TheSnowQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been a godsend for me. I sweat heavily when I get nervous, to the point where I wore only black or white tops for years.
When I first tried this I broke out in a terrible rash and was so itchy I didn't think I would be able to use it. But after some experimenting I found the best way for me to use this is to apply to my fingertips then dab on very sparingly. I need very little and I only apply once or twice a week. A bottle will easily last me a year so very affordable.
I can now wear any colour of top I like with no worries!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty much a miracle-worker. I use this 2-3 nights a week, and then in the morning I just use that crystal rock deo, and I'm not stinky or sweaty! I'll reiterate what others have said though about application: only 2-3 swipes under each arm, or you will have the most itchy, burning pits you could ever imagine (even if you had spent some time imagining agonizingly painful armpits).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by dearest14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this because it has reduced my sweating a lot! BUT it does not start working immediately. It is wise to start using this 2-3 days before a big event if needed. AND you start sweating in other places when you use this product. It even says that on the pamphlet that comes in the box! It's a little bit of a double whammy, but fortunately other parts of your body will never sweat as much as your underarms. Overall, it's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

I can't believe how many cute tops were ruined before I found this HG product!! I used to sweat before major presetations at work and with this crazy weather of hot humidity...but..NO MORE!! I use this at night with just one quick layer and all is good. I did notice that if I used too much then I would itch..so just one quick glade and tat's it. I don't need to put on deodorant in the morning but out of habit and to soft the skin I do. Love this...not more ruined shirts!! Do give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by khristynn

I started using Certain Dri back when I was a freshman in high school (1997) because I always experienced major sweat stains... I'm happy to say that now, more than 15 years later, I barely IF EVER sweat under my armpits, all thanks to Certain Dri!! I don't use it anymore by the way, I think I used Certain Dri until mid-college (so let's say 6 years total) and realized I was no longer sweating under my arms and didn't need to use it. And as an adult who works with a myriad of people on a daily basis, with high stress levels, it's remarkable to say I no longer sweat under the arms! I do still sweat everywhere else, but I no longer worry about stains on my shirts or that embarrassing feeling like you can't raise your arms in public. If you're thinking of trying this product out, or have mixed feelings about it, don't give up! It may take a long time to get the desired effect but it totally worked for me.