Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I grew up with a condition that made me sweat…A LOT! It was very embarrassing as I could not control it. I tried many, many different things doctors recommended and researched nonstop for years. It’s a blessing I came across this and got my hands on it. I don’t know where I would be till this day. If you’ve had a problem with sweating you know it is extremely hard to feel confident and sexy while sweating non stop. It is so gross feeling. Honestly, Its a nightmare. This is why I want to share a bit of my story and how I no longer sweat. Yes, I NO LONGER SWEAT!!! :D Please read on…
So, I started using this 5 years ago and now I don’t even use deodorant. Please, know that I am not smelly or sweaty anymore. I’ve never had a problem with smell under my arms. I will occasional just use this once every so often just kinda like a idk maybe you would call it a touch up. lol.
So 5 years ago I started using this nightly and noticed right away. When I started seeing results I slowly dropped down to using it every other night then every third night, etc. The only pointers I can give where already stated on the box. I never read boxes so I tried this after I shaved…yeah wrong idea. It stings and is very uncomfortable. So take note of that and always read directions…just a friendly reminder! ;) This probably says not to use this anywhere else but the underarm area but maybe I shouldn’t have but I did…:) I used this on my legs and everywhere where I get sweaty and it worked amazing just as it did under the arms!! I really can’t stress how amazing this is. I mean its life changing. I would be wearing black, heavy sweatshirts to try to hide the stains and I’d still get sweat marks through those thick sweatshirts. In the freezing winter I would be sweating like a dang pig. I know so many people out there go through this and this is the answer it’s a miracle!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Certain dri has saved my life. I used to sweat sooo bad it was embarrassing. I would have big sweat stain on my shirts. It didnt smell bad because I wore deodorant, but the deodorant did nothing for the sweating. I sweat very easily and I also sweat when im nervous. it got so bad that I hated leaving my house during the daytime in the summer because I knew I would sweat. Ahhhhh! Horrible. I tried dove clinical and it did nothing for me. I read about certain dri and decided to give it a try. wow! This stopped my sweating completely. I started off using it every night but now I use it once a week. I no longer worry about sweating. amazing product!

At $7, it was cheaper than buying my regular deodorant and it works better. Certain dry is an antiperspirant so unlike a deodorant that just covers up the smell of sweat, it prevents sweating. You just apply this before bed and the next day you will be sweat free. This product is amazing and i was so surprised that it worked because when i was younger, I had minor anxiety problems and I perspired a lot. I constantly had small sweat marks and i didn't even perform any physical activity and i would become so self conscious that i would always keep my arms by my side which produced more sweat. All in all, i was a mess and deodorant just didn't cut it. After i bought certain dry it really helped with the sweating. During the winter, I'm ok with just the certain dry but during the summer i like to be extra safe with a layer of deodorant.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So this is embarrassing to confess but i had excessive sweating under my arms for no reason and i'm only in high school!! it would be freezing cold outside and my underarms would till sweat!!! so after doing some research on the net i found this and thought id give it a try to stop the embarrassing sweating. let me just say....THIS TOTALLY WORKED!!! i am soooo happy that i bought this product and at first it burned my underarms because i would put it straight out of the shower but i got wiser and showered in the night and put this in the morning and wait for it to dry then put on my regular deodorant and i haven't sweat a drop since! THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!

Good:
-Quite effective at stopping sweat. I apply this like once a week and apply a regular deodorant lightly every morning and I have little to no wetness at all

Bad:
-Stingy stingingness stings. Ouch.
-Packaging soooks. The roller ball always leaks when I start to apply it. I don't really know how to fix this.
-Antiperspirant in general is probably pretty bad for you, considering that you're basically clogging your pores with Aluminum salts. I'm no doctor, but that can't be good for you.

So there's more bad than good, but the goodness of the good outweighs the bad. I was so sweaty before guys. And now I'm not. And that's all I care about.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Okay so I have a quick story. First before I start I just want to say that for everyone that this worked for I'm really happy for them but let me tell you my experiemce. When I was about 13 I noticed that I would sweat alot without really doing to much of anything tried a lot of deodorants nothing really worked to well so I got this. At first when I used it at night then it worked pretty well for a while then I noticed it wasn't working as well as it once did. So I started using it at night and in the morning and that worked really well for a while then that stopped so I started using this like crazy and I developed a blockage under my arm that I had to get cut out by a doctor. So I researchased deodorant and found MAXIM if certain dry dosen't work for you try maxim I am so happy with it, its a life saver!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

When you follow the directions and apply this the night before, this stuff really works! I will admit my underarms sweat quite alot and when I use this I don't have to worry about that issue the next day. The next morning I just apply some Dove deodorant and I'm fresh all day.

The only complaint is that this roller formula is STRONG. If you have sensitive armpits like I do, it will sting and be very irritating that night. At first I thought oh maybe its because I just shaved so the skin was sensitive, but that is not the case. I have used this multiple times and it never fails to sting horribly. But, I love this so I will just switch over to the stick formula.
Def. worth giving it a try!

I've had a problem with excessive wettnes under my arms for as long as I can remember. For probably the last 10 years or so. I never smell bad, but the wetness was so embarassing! And it would happen for no reason at all, like just sitting at work or in class, when I wasn't even warm. Made NO sense.

I'd seen Certain Dri at the store on occasion, but for whatever reason never purchased it. I think I was in denial. Anyway, I bought it yesterday, and used it before bed like the instructions say. THIS IS A MIRACLE PRODUCT. ONE application, ONE night, and I have zero sweating today. I used to stuff paper towel inside my shirts, under my arms, to combat the severe wetness I had!

It's a *little* more expensive than regular deodorant/antiperspirant (I just went to Wal-Mart), but so completely worth it. Also, I did experience slight itching shortly after the application, but it was very mild. And I tend to have somewhat sensitive skin.

If you're sick of gluing your arms to your sides to hide your shame, TRY THIS PRODUCT.

oh yeah!!!! This stuff really works. If you find regular deodorants/antiperspirants are not doing it for you, try this. Not much more expensive, and after a few weeks, you don't even need to use it every day, so cost wise, it's about the same. (cheapest at Walmart ) My body overheats when the temps go above 75 - it was a nightmare when I used to have to get dressed up for my work, and within 20 minutes of putting on a silk blouse, my underarms would already be wet. It was uncomfortable and embarrassing. I tried every different type of deodorant, including mens, that was sold....then I read about Certain-Dri in a magazine.

You put it on at night after washing/showering - but make sure you are dry first. Never EVER put it on after shaving, if you do, you will be sorry. If I shave in the morning, I can use it at night with no problems. After applying, hold your arms up a few secs to let it get mostly dry. After a few weeks, you can go to using every other night...and now, after using it for a few years, I only put it on maybe 3 times a week.

I just wish they would make a similar product for my head. I am one of those head-sweaters. As soon as I get too hot, the rest of my body might be fine, but my head starts sweating. It really sucks. I should try shampooing with this stuff...????

Unlike some other reviewers, I've never had any trouble with the packaging. Also, they have a solid type - but I prefer the liquid.

About 15 years ago, I was fed up with my underarm perspiration's turning all my white clothes yellow in that area of the garment.
I've never had an odor situation with my underarms, but I was perspiring daily more than was comfortable (which is odd - or maybe it's logical - since I rarely perspire anywhere else) and this was slowly getting worse as the years went by.
The last straw was when I perspired so much through a wool turtleneck that I permanently ruined the underarm fabric of a new camel-colored blazer that I was wearing for the first time (on a date).
I mentioned this to my mother and she told me about Certain Dri, which up until then she had been buying from her dry cleaner (she couldn't find it anywhere else). She sent me a bottle and it was fantastic. I used it once every 3 days and never had a problem with underarm perspiration again.
Then we noticed it was available in drugstores - I think I had to ask the pharmacist for it the first time I got it in a drugstore, and then later it was on the shelf, but in a different place from the ordinary anti-perspirants. Nowadays in the US it seems to be put alongside the ordinary anti-perspirants.
If you are not in the US and are looking for it but not finding it, you might ask the pharmacists in case they are displaying it in a different section of their stores.
Even though they say to only put it on at night, I take my shower in the morning and it's awkward (probably mentally more than anything) for me to put this on top of "dirty" skin before bed, so I wait 20 minutes after my morning shower and put it on then.
Just once every 3 days. Sometimes I forget and go about 4 days before I notice perspiration returning.
(My mom got to the point where she didn't have to put this on but once a week, and then she stopped needing to use it at all, she told me.)
There have been a few occasions where I forgot that I had shaved earlier that day, and mistakenly put this on 20 minutes after getting out of the shower, and WOW did I get burning, bright red rashes from this, which took a long time to die down, several hours in fact. That's been the only negative I've experienced from using this, though.
The packaging could be improved -- the bottle often leaks and/or dribbles, even when handled carefully and with the lid kept tightly closed between uses. The last time I travelled, I took it in my suitcase and half the bottle dispersed in my toiletry bag even though the lid was on tight.
I've never seen the need to use their companion morning-use deodorant or whatever it is. I think that's mainly a marketing thing, because they probably noticed that people just wanted to put something on under their arms after they washed every morning.
I think the price on this has gone down quite a bit - it was pretty expensive when mom would get it from the dry cleaners, then was about 10 or 12 dollars from the only pharmacy I could find it at, but now I think it's just 3 or 4 dollars at Walmart.
I always keep a spare new bottle on hand, in case they discontinue this, like they've done with so many of my "holy grail" products over the last 10 years!
By the way, apparently some people who have sweaty feet apply this to their feet for relief.