E.L.F. Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(Water), PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Polyacrylic Acid, PEG-8, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/19/2013 7:44:00 PM

I loves me some ELF brow gunk. Like many folks here, I use both ends of the tube for my eyebrows. Fundamentally, they are the same and both brushes are perfectly reasonable applicators. I have never felt the need for clear mascara, so I have never tried it as such. This gel does exactly what it is meant to do - it tames my brows and sets any filling I have done. I tend to like a darker, fuller brow look in general, but I have also frequently used this solo on my brows when lazy/in a hurry, and it gives them a very clean, neat appearance without looking overdone or stiff. I would agree with most that you want to be careful to not load up too much product while applying to avoid flakes or clumps. Clumps tend to develop more when you are reaching the end of the tube, and the color starts to show in the tube, but it doesn't overall bother me until it's getting very clumped up and then I just switch sides. Honestly, no one is all "WAH-HOO I am going to go buy brow gel yay!!", so the fact that I can grab a few tubes for $1 while nabbing a frozen pizza at my local Krogers makes this an A+ product for me...and I have killer looking brows while nomming a Tombstone on my couch!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I like how it makes my brows look better and natural. I like how the mascara kinda holds the curl.
But it only lasted for a couple of usage. The clear mascara dried out. The clear brow gel was still intact but I think it would only last for 4-5 more usage.

Would not repurchase.

on 9/28/2013 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I will keep buying and buying these. They hold my eyebrows in place and yes, I use the clear mascara on my eyebrows. Definitely an HG product for only $1

on 9/27/2013 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I needed a new brow gel and saw this at target for a buck and thought why not? I really like it because it keeps my eyebrows in place all day and its easy to use. My one bad thing about it is that if you put to much an touch your brows during the day it leaves white flakes. Other than that I would say go for this!

on 9/15/2013 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I buy these 2-4 at at time

I do not use the mascara - the brow gel is the best I have tried

I just fill in my brows with eye shadow, and put this ontop

looks natural and is just a great product you can't beat the price

on 9/10/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a really good brow gel/clear mascara. It did not flake or leave that white residue on my lashes. Great price too.

on 9/9/2013 8:24:00 PM

Second time buying this product. I happened to order it during an elf website sale and didn't really know if I would love it. I never had a need for the gel really I don't have thick eyebrows. I use it to set my brow hairs in my arch and I love the way it leaves my brows all day in place. Once in awhile depending if I apply a few coats it does seen to get hard and almost looks like a white cast on my eyebrow but once I did get the hang of how it works I really don't have any complaints. How could you right it's $1! I never high end brow gel so I can't compare.

on 8/20/2013 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Loveeee this product! I have thick eyebrows and love the full eyebrow look but it's a pain to keep it tame. I was browsing through target makeup isle looking for a clear mascara and found this gem for $1. Sometimes I use it as a mascara just to get rid that powder eyeshadow on my lashes when I go for "no makeup look". I'm on my 2nd tube and planning to buy more,this is a HG for me.

on 8/11/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow I just love the packaging first because its so easy to use. The feel of the product is great. Using just the brow is fine on day I don't want to line mine. For only 1 dollar it's a such find!!

on 8/9/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is certainly $1 brow gel lol. At that price, one really cannot complain. It's priced as a throwaway tube of brow gel, and really that's what it is in my case.

I'm on the search for the perfect brow gel. I find Anastasia to be a bit watery, and I feel like there has to be something better out there, especially considering the cost of Anastasia.

The E.L.F. one came highly recommended, and when I saw it was only $1, I immediately picked it up without hesitation. Upon first couple of uses I thought this stuff was great.

About a week into owning it, I noticed that I am going through product really quickly, but again at $1 a tube, who really cares.

I don't use a clear gel on my lashes, so I actually started using both sides for my brows. I can't really tell the difference, they both seem like brow gel to me.

Anyway, after having this product for maybe a month, I'm finding it REALLY difficult to work with. It is so gunky. When I take the product out of the tube there are just all these clumps of gel, and the clumps are then on my brows and I have to come and come the product through just to make my brows look somewhat normal.

The product always leaves a film too now, where all of the sudden my eyebrows will have a gray cast. I have very dark, almost black brows. I notice the gel flaking all day long, and it even causes my eye shadow to cake, because the consistency is so unworkable that I guess the gel just ends up everywhere.

At first I thought this was an amazing product, but the love only really lasted for maybe two weeks. The product didn't take long to "turn" and it's so clumpy and gross now, it definitely isn't doing me any service.

I will finish the tube, but I wont repurchase. I guess I am back to my Anastasia until I find something better :/