September 23, 2014 | 2038 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Diorxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Second time buying this product. I happened to order it during an elf website sale and didn't really know if I would love it. I never had a need for the gel really I don't have thick eyebrows. I use it to set my brow hairs in my arch and I love the way it leaves my brows all day in place. Once in awhile depending if I apply a few coats it does seen to get hard and almost looks like a white cast on my eyebrow but once I did get the hang of how it works I really don't have any complaints. How could you right it's $1! I never high end brow gel so I can't compare.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

Loveeee this product! I have thick eyebrows and love the full eyebrow look but it's a pain to keep it tame. I was browsing through target makeup isle looking for a clear mascara and found this gem for $1. Sometimes I use it as a mascara just to get rid that powder eyeshadow on my lashes when I go for "no makeup look". I'm on my 2nd tube and planning to buy more,this is a HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I just love the packaging first because its so easy to use. The feel of the product is great. Using just the brow is fine on day I don't want to line mine. For only 1 dollar it's a such find!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is certainly $1 brow gel lol. At that price, one really cannot complain. It's priced as a throwaway tube of brow gel, and really that's what it is in my case.

I'm on the search for the perfect brow gel. I find Anastasia to be a bit watery, and I feel like there has to be something better out there, especially considering the cost of Anastasia.

The E.L.F. one came highly recommended, and when I saw it was only $1, I immediately picked it up without hesitation. Upon first couple of uses I thought this stuff was great.

About a week into owning it, I noticed that I am going through product really quickly, but again at $1 a tube, who really cares.

I don't use a clear gel on my lashes, so I actually started using both sides for my brows. I can't really tell the difference, they both seem like brow gel to me.

Anyway, after having this product for maybe a month, I'm finding it REALLY difficult to work with. It is so gunky. When I take the product out of the tube there are just all these clumps of gel, and the clumps are then on my brows and I have to come and come the product through just to make my brows look somewhat normal.

The product always leaves a film too now, where all of the sudden my eyebrows will have a gray cast. I have very dark, almost black brows. I notice the gel flaking all day long, and it even causes my eye shadow to cake, because the consistency is so unworkable that I guess the gel just ends up everywhere.

At first I thought this was an amazing product, but the love only really lasted for maybe two weeks. The product didn't take long to "turn" and it's so clumpy and gross now, it definitely isn't doing me any service.

I will finish the tube, but I wont repurchase. I guess I am back to my Anastasia until I find something better :/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my third tube of this! I love this for my brows. It keeps the hairs in place all day and is very, very inexpensive especially compared to all the other brow gels. I use the mascara side sometimes, but I find that after awhile my eyelashes shed a clear residue that is left behind from it and it's basically useless. After the brow side is used up it is usually colored by the product that I use to darken my brows. It becomes less transparent and it doesn't look sanitary so I throw it away. The mascara part usually goes in the trash while there is still 2/3 of the product left. For a dollar you really can't pass this up if you want a brow gel. You may have to repurchase it on a monthly basis but it's only $12 a year as opposed to the other +$20 brow gels on the market that last just as long!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product for my brows. The mascara absolutely sucks for my lashes but it is good to use to set my brow hairs with since i ran out of the brow gel. and it was 1 dollar! you can't beat that. im gonna stock up on these

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One Dollar? This works like a dream! I actually use both sides for brow (don't really have a need for a clear mascara). The brow end has a shorter, stumpier brush which is more ideal for brows, but the mascara sides works fine, too. This sets my brows just fine. I don't feel the need to purchase high end brow gels after using this. I may try the Maybelline clear Great Lash? But for $1 -- this is a very good deal.

UPDATE: So, I tried the Maybelline Great Lash Clear and I will stick with the Maybelline. The brush is smaller for more precise application. It doesn't leave my eyebrows as hard and crusty as the ELF does. ELF is fine for $1, but if you want a better product for a few more dollars, go with the Maybelline. I like the packaging better, too, and it seems that it will last me a lot longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this simply to keep my brows in place, but I was excite to see that I was getting lso a clear mascara for my lashes. I LOVED it. It held my lashes in place for most of the day and applying it to my lashes looked like I applied regular dark mascara just without the clumps. My biggest disappointment about this product was that there was too little product. Within 3 weeks, only little would come out. Because of the cheap pricing, I wouldn't mind buying this in bundles, but they really need to make this in larger quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: holds brows in place, easy to use, sets brows, good product Cons: little product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this item up late last year after seeing it in my local Dollar Tree (Target is a bit away). I was looking for another Ds brand,maybe maybelline clear mascara but couldn't find it. So I was happy when I show this,plus you can't beat a dollar. I've tried a Avon brand...its ok & love the Anastaia brow set. This is a niffty product as it contains the brow gel & clear mascara. The brow gel works pretty good & my brows stay in place for the day. Only thing I don't like is it goes on kinda thick,so you'll have to be careful to not "load the brush" too much.(Anatasia goes on smooth;) And the fact I can see the color its picked up from my brows. The mascara is nice,I use it kinda as a primer sometime or to grow my lashes in place before I apply reg mascara. On days I don't wear anything this works as making my lashes look nice & groomed . I wish there was a bit more in the containers,but hey for a buck you can't complain. I've already picked up a couple,just to have.