July 28, 2014 | 1930 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product for my brows. The mascara absolutely sucks for my lashes but it is good to use to set my brow hairs with since i ran out of the brow gel. and it was 1 dollar! you can't beat that. im gonna stock up on these

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One Dollar? This works like a dream! I actually use both sides for brow (don't really have a need for a clear mascara). The brow end has a shorter, stumpier brush which is more ideal for brows, but the mascara sides works fine, too. This sets my brows just fine. I don't feel the need to purchase high end brow gels after using this. I may try the Maybelline clear Great Lash? But for $1 -- this is a very good deal.

UPDATE: So, I tried the Maybelline Great Lash Clear and I will stick with the Maybelline. The brush is smaller for more precise application. It doesn't leave my eyebrows as hard and crusty as the ELF does. ELF is fine for $1, but if you want a better product for a few more dollars, go with the Maybelline. I like the packaging better, too, and it seems that it will last me a lot longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by signedxchantese

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this simply to keep my brows in place, but I was excite to see that I was getting lso a clear mascara for my lashes. I LOVED it. It held my lashes in place for most of the day and applying it to my lashes looked like I applied regular dark mascara just without the clumps. My biggest disappointment about this product was that there was too little product. Within 3 weeks, only little would come out. Because of the cheap pricing, I wouldn't mind buying this in bundles, but they really need to make this in larger quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: holds brows in place, easy to use, sets brows, good product Cons: little product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this item up late last year after seeing it in my local Dollar Tree (Target is a bit away). I was looking for another Ds brand,maybe maybelline clear mascara but couldn't find it. So I was happy when I show this,plus you can't beat a dollar. I've tried a Avon brand...its ok & love the Anastaia brow set. This is a niffty product as it contains the brow gel & clear mascara. The brow gel works pretty good & my brows stay in place for the day. Only thing I don't like is it goes on kinda thick,so you'll have to be careful to not "load the brush" too much.(Anatasia goes on smooth;) And the fact I can see the color its picked up from my brows. The mascara is nice,I use it kinda as a primer sometime or to grow my lashes in place before I apply reg mascara. On days I don't wear anything this works as making my lashes look nice & groomed . I wish there was a bit more in the containers,but hey for a buck you can't complain. I've already picked up a couple,just to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great dual purpose item from E.L.F. for a buck. I love that the tube is see-thru so you know exactly how much is left in it or how dark or contaminated a side is getting. This company really is on the ball.
I've used the one side for my brows to keep them finished neatly, with and without eyebrow makeup. The obvious downside is that the wand will pick up color from your brow makeup and redeposit it back into the tube. It's a gel that's more on the drier side and I can use the mascara type brush to comb my brows in the direction I want. If there's any flaking I can just comb it out with the same brush, no problem.
The other side is labeled for your eyes so you can't mistake the two, a big plus if you do decide to use it for both your eyes and brows. I have coated my lashes as a final coat to see if it prevents flaking and smudging. This does seem to do the trick in a pretty decent way. I've tried it on a variety of mascaras, even fell asleep, and found my mascara intact. Frankly, I was surprised. I haven't tested it on all of my mascaras yet, so I'm not sure if it really will work in that manner.
I find using it just as a gloss for my lashes doesn't really accomplish much. I need more than it can offer for my short, blonde lashes. It doesn't have the capacity to lengthen, volumize or darken in any way.
I don't find it clumpy or wet at all. I've also had my tube now for a few months and it's still wet and nothing dried out, so it's lasting a pretty long time for what it cost me.
I'll repurchase when it's time. I think it's this is a good makeup staple in my makeup toolbox that I use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by happyninja

I love this brow gel! I have very unruly eyebrows and had tried several products to tame them but after trying this I won't buy anything else. I work on the boardwalk during the summer and this stuff stays on all day even if I sweat. You have to be careful though because the gel will flake if you use too much. I highly recommend this stuff but don't bother using it as a mascara. It did nothing for my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have thick, full, brows I've always loved but like to neaten up with a brow type gel. I don't do any filling in nor do I tweeze or trim, so I need something to hold them in place.

I find this works very well because unlike some other clear mascaras and brow wax or hair gel, this does not leave gaps. Once applied then brushed, there aren't clumps of brow hair stuck together. It provides a more cohesive look and for the price its a steal. I don't often see it in stores so I use hair spray/gels or brow wax when I run out but as soon as I find it again I remember why I liked it so much. Also no brow flakes!

I've never used it on lashes so cannot comment on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by StyleInCMajor

I have thick, unruly brows and this $1 gem really helps keep them in place, all day. When I run out of the brow side, I just use the eyelash side on my brows. Have already repurchased this twice. Nice job Elf!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I recently purchased 17 products from elf's website durring a sale (when aren't they having a sale?). This was one of the few things I needed from them. My old, germ ridden brow gel finally got nasty and I had to chuck it, so I decided that for a dollar I might as well give this a go. I actually love it! It's just a clear gel that keeps my brows in place all day. My brows are naturally pretty tame though, so this isn't a miracle product. The 'mascara' part (which I'm sure is the same formula as the brow mascara) is nice to use if I'm going to the water park or the pool or anything like that, but for everyday I like bold lashes. The packaging is simple and practical-- one side for the brows, one for the lashes --but the font on the front is rubbing off. The only thing that's kinda creepy is that since the tubes themselves are clear, I can see that the gel on the brow side is turing brown from my foundation that gets caught in my brows when applying it and from my brow pencil. Yuck! But I'm glad the tubes are clear so I can see how much product I've used. Overall I really like this and will continue to purchase it. It's a bargain!