November 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Nice gloss. I got it based on the reviews, and since it was so cheap I figured why not?? The color is a peachy pink color and does a good job of neutralizing my really red-pigmented lips. I find the texture to be pretty good, too. Not too sticky, yet still somewhat emollient. It definitely stays put when it's on. I was expecting the grape scent to be strong but it's actually quite pleasant, and the flavor is nice too...nothing strong or off-putting. It has a mild frost, but it's pretty, not crazy looking by any means. The one thing is I wouldn't apply this on dry lips alone because it can tend to settle into lines...I would probably apply a balm first then this over top to seal it in. I'll probably get it again when i run out, and who knows when that will be...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I begin, I must say that I only paid 50 cents for this lip gloss, so I wasn't expecting too much. Candlelight is a weird orange, almost nude gloss on me. These glosses are nothing special. They are flavored and they remind me of the not-so-tasty lip glosses that I liked when I was riding the bus to the mall as a tween.

This gloss is so tacky and they run all over your face. I used a clear lip liner and this didn't even help. I applied this gloss without the a mirror and when I got back in the car, it was all over my face ~ Yikes, I looked ridiculous! If you want a cheap lip gloss, I recommend the e.l.f. Luscious Lipstick instead. I will not buy this product again...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sgamble777

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a nice pretty light brownish on my lips, I loved the color, to bad that's about the only thing good about this product. It had a pretty bad smell to it, as does a lot of elf products, and it was waaaaaay to sticky.
Now, don't get me wrong, I like a sticky lip gloss personally, It just stays on better and doesn't run. But this gloss was way to sticky, I could barely get my lips open with this one and it practically glued my lips to my cups leaving an even stickier mess.
Also, I had a problem with my tube, the little hole where the product came out of was all rigid and was cutting my lips up. I thought maybe It was just this one, so I stupidly bought another one in a diff. color(baby pink I think it was) and same thing with that tube. I didn't even buy them anywhere near the same time so not sure what was going on with that.
I gave it a 2 because it is a nice color and I could apply it with a lip brush if i wanted to, but still, not for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

The color in the tube is not overly attractive, but on the lips it is the absolute perfect color for me. Just adds a little natural shine to my lips, with a little shine and a little peach. This will look really pretty with a tan too. I'm not crazy about the smell (smells like a generic, cheap lip gloss....oh, wait a minute!) but the color is just right. Another winner by E.L.F.!! Took one lippie off though because it is really sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by fionalow

I'm asian but pretty fair skinned. However my natural lips are quite dark and this lip gloss turned up HORRIBLY on me. They're extremely pale and frosty, giving my lips a strange sliver alien sheen.

If you're thinking of buying this, note that candlelight and pink kiss are extremely light and frosty. So its probably only suited for those with very pale colourings.

On that note, mauve luxe and goddess are also frosty, but being darker shades they turned up fine on me. If you're looking for a non-frosty sort of gloss though, go with malt shake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Candlelight is a pretty nude gloss that is opaque enough to tone down my pigmented lips. I love pairing it with MAC's Freckletone l/s; Candlelight enhances the peachy-nude'ness of Freckletone, making my lips look fuller. It lasts for about an hour before I need to reapply. Not bad for a $1 gloss. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for a dollar at Burlington Coat Factory. While I don't use it very often, I do love how it looks on me, both alone and paired with a lipstick. It's great for creating nude lips, or just a plain "bare lip" look for when I don't feel like going all out with my makeup. I really like that I can see the color on my top lip, which isn't totally pigmented but is enough to impact how certain glosses look on me. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by highlylowplaces

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! I got one in a swap (maybe as an extra, I can't remember), and I decided to just try it for the heck of it. Boy, was I surprised! I'm so impressed with the quality. The color is perfect, and it glides on very well. It's not nearly as sticky as most glosses. The only bad thing is the packaging. The tube offers a ton of product, but the tube also feels thin and flimsy, as though if you accidentally puncture it with your nail, all the product will squirt out. I discovered this was nearly true. I usually put my makeup on my bed while using them in the mornings, and I missed the gloss while putting them away that night before bed. I ended up sleeping with it in the bed, and I woke up to my sheets stained with lip gloss and half the tube gone, despite the cap being twisted shut. I was so disappointed :(
But all in all, it's an awesome lip gloss and you should give it a try. (I rarely ever feel compelled to review lip glosses, so this tells you something)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is very pretty. Not sticky at all, the smell is wonderful. The color is almost exactly as what it looks like in the tube. Very affordable and great quality. This is probably one of my favorite color out of all the other glossy Lip shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A very simple, glossy, light nudish pink gloss with some shimmer. It goes on smoothly and has enough moisturizer. Goes well alone or over lipstick. I purchased several elf lipglosses and they all turned out great.