November 25, 2014 | 1807 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this for sale I was definitely one of the people who thought that you'd have to be crazy to spend so much money on a makeup sponge. Eventually after reading so many good reviews I decided to try it and found I couldn't have been more wrong in thinking it wouldn't be worth the price. It blends makeup perfectly and lasts practically forever if you clean and store it properly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first saw this online, I was all like, "No way am I spending $20 on a SPONGE."
But guess what... I did anyways.

I got the duo set in black off of Amazon. I didn't think I was really going to like this product, but I actually do! The packaging is cute, and can double as storage for the sponges. This thing actually does its job. It is meant to be used when it's damp, but not soaking. I also find that this works best with liquid or cream foundations. When used as a stippling tool, it gives an airbrushed effect that is a lot more attractive than a makeup brush. I also like that this can also be used to blend in powders and creams so it adds to the airbrushed look.

As for cleaning, I use a baby shampoo and some warm water to get most of the makeup junk out from inside the sponge. I'm trying to be as careful and gentle with this as possible because I've heard some horror stories about these bad boys getting deep tears and rips in them during cleaning and regular use.

Overall, I like this product and I probably would pay another $20 to repurchase this in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by AshCoco

Let me start off by saying I understand why some people probably look at this product and think no way am I paying that much for a sponge! I felt that way about the beautyblender for a long time too... but after hearing great things about it I just gave in!

So glad I did! Honestly this sponge if used correctly ( should be damp but not drenched) applies foundation and concealer flawlessly and you can certainly get buildable coverage.
I don't by any means have great skin so a nice full coverage foundation application is important to me and this will do it, even better than my MAC brushes!

Only issue is it can be hard to clean, I use Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap and that works pretty good. All in all I think its really worth trying and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I either use tinted moisturizer that I apply with my fingers or full coverage foundation, buffed in with a brush. I imagine that this would be perfect for an in between formula, but for my purposes, this worked but wasn't ideal. With my full coverage foundation, it provides better results than fingers do, but not as flawless as a foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Based on the hype, I caved in and bought this (and who can resist the pink color?). Overall, it's a fine sponge and does the job nicely. But, it's nothing specatular. I mean, it's just a sponge!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by cadubois4

I was really skeptical for the first few months I kept hearing about this beautyblender. I had the $5 dupe from Target and figured it worked just as well as the beautyblender did.

Finally I purchased one at Sephora and OH MY GOD. I couldn't believe the difference.

I dampened the sponge under running water, squeezed out the excess, and patted dry with a washcloth. This left the sponge slightly damp and about 3x its size when dry. I then used it to stipple my foundation/concealer.

The results are a glowing, airbrushed, completely natural-looking face. I actually have gotten three compliments today at work on how good my skin looks. I keep looking at my face in the mirror because I'm so amazed at my complexion today!!

This is now a staple in my makeup and I will never use anything else to apply!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie321

I know: $20 for a SPONGE! It is a ridiculous price, but if you can afford it, GET IT! I tried the $5 dupes, but the real thing knocks those out of the park! The dupes Aren't even comparable! Once it's wet and you've squeezed out the excess, it will be very fat and soft. Dot your foundation / bb cream all over your face, then stipple it with your beauty blender using the fat side, and use the skinny side to stipple under eye concealer and the results are airbrushed, and natural. It looks like actual skin, and as if you're skin was naturally porcelain perfect. Amazing product, but pricy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

At first I thought this was an over priced gimmick, but then I received a free one with a foundation purchase. It's a very good product. I dab dots of foundation on my face with my finger and then with the wet sponge blend it all in. I feel that it soaks up less product this way and I get a very natural finish. A little expensive, but I will purchase again. I clean mine with dish washing liquid, but still looking for an easier way to clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give the Beauty Blender a shot since I've read so many rave reviews... I was not disappointed! The key to it (in my opinion) is the use the stippling technique. It gives a flawless even coverage. The best thing is it did not take any more foundation than if I had used my fingers. It absolutely does not soak up all your makeup. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by mckayla026

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am at a loss with the rave reviews for this too. Prior to this one I used the makeup wedges from Walmart which I was pretty happy with. I read the review for this and HAD to get one. It was big, awkward, and didn't do any better job than my wedges from Walmart...and I felt like I was wasting so much product. I then got a foundation brush, I will never go back to sponges. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good brush and not this sponge!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No