April 17, 2014 | 1361 users online

Liquid - Hourglass - Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by schminken

I am 36. I have had 3 Fraxel Restore Laser treatments which have really improved my skin and made me want to try all kinds of foundations because I have different skin than before. I really did not want to like this because its expensive. I really have no problem plunking down the cash, but the problem is I keep buying foundations hoping to find THE one. That's a lot of cash,

Right now I have MUFE Matte Velvet (hate, too masky), MUFE Face and Body #32 (very good and glowly but doesn't always cover like I want), MUFE HD 120 (eh ok, don't think it lives up to the hype), Dior Nude Linen (good but thin coverage), Fresh in Seventh Viel (too light, the clay in it is drying),dior airflash (LOVE but its super expensive and not good for everyday wear), BE Minerals (I hate it, I hate all mineral powder foundations), I have others but I won't bore you. I just want you to see I've tried a lot.

Ok so this Veil stuff. You can get samples from the Hourglass website. The best colormatch for me was 1.5 and I am somewhere between and NC20 (too light) and NC25 (almost too dark). I am pretty neutral with just a hint of yellow. I find 1.5 to be a tad too yellow and dark. This is why I gave this a 4 because they need more colors and why do they run so dark.?

However the finish is very beautiful. it looks like good skin and its not too matte or too shiny. I used MUFE HD Powder over it. Bottom line: It;s expensive, the colors are lacking , but the finish is awesome and definately worth a try.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Ciji63

First of all, you only need the tiniest amount to cover your entire face. And you don't need a separate primer. Those two points will help justify the VERY expensive cost. Also found that the HG foundation brush makes a HUGE difference. The shades run dark so be careful. Love the sanitary pump. It does give a nice glow-y finish, not oily just dewy in a nice way. Seems to last all day. Would totally recommend for aging skin. Summer I finish with some BM powder but in the winter, just the HG foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Kimm992

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation was SO heavy. I used only one pump and it made me look like I was wearing a pound of makeup!

I don't know what all the hype is out - I thought this stuff was terrible. Thank goodness I was able to return it to the store for a full refund.

Definitely would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ginabinawina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What can I say? I absolutely love this foundation. I'm pretty much a foundation collector, or how it's ended up, anyway. I own Chanel, NARS, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, etc., and multiple foundations in brands mentioned.

This provides an amazing coverage with only half a pump! So I find rationalizing the price pretty easy considering you're using half the amount of this vs. your typical liquid foundation. Sometimes it even requires two pumps w/ other brands.

Finish is very healthy and somewhat dewy, but in a very natural non greasy way on my dry skin.

I also find this quite long wearing with lasting ability up to 8+ hours, and I don't usually even set it with powder.

Overall, this gives a long lasting natural silky and radiant coverage! It is Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by bigbu

I love this. I gives me very smooth and natural feeling, like I'm not wearing anything at all. It stays long. The coverage is dewy, healthy. I bought in shade 5 which is a bit darker than my skin tone but its ok for the summer. I still need another layer of powder to cover all my pimples but I definitely recommend this for summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by amylinton

Love this product!! I was soooooo reluctant to try it, especially after looking at the price tag of the foundation, primer and recommended taclon brush. After trying a sample of the primer and foundation, I was completely hooked. You only need a small amount and i just use my fingers to apply it. It's feels really nice on the face like and it doesn't even look like you have anything on, feels like smooth velvet when applying it. The primer and foundation are basically waterproof together and it still doesn't feel like anything is on your face! I do a lot watersports in the summer and this product will be perfect! I have to admit, the last few years, whenever I go swimming I have always kept my face out of the water for fear of my makeup coming off and revealing all my unsightly blemishes! Now time to work on the blemishes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sonnyjim

i have used top of the line foundations ( and primers )
sissley, laprairie, cler de peau.
and this product is equally excellent and much more affordable
i am 50 and have taken care of my skin daily. creams, exfoliate toner and wash skin before going to bed.
people i see with bad skin use the cheap crap, and look it.
this foundation works excellent and i would buy again.
as far as the packaging. who bloody cares how the package looks. are you kidding me..?
the important thing is the PRODUCT LADIES,,, get a grip

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Sass

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Better than Armani

Since GA discontinued my beloved MSF that I had used for 6yrs. I was on the hunt for a good match. A sweet SA at sephora recommended this and it's better than armani. The colour in #2 is a good match for me....I used GA in 5.5. I find it easier to apply with the hourglass foundation brush in quick small circles. My skin glows and looks flawless and it lasts all day. Superb quality and the best foundation out there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by sw33train

I was on the quest for the perfect matching liquid foundation and came across this (compared to Chanel Pro Lumiere and MakeUpForever HD). It is great for an everyday foundation that looks extremely natural- my friends could not tell I was wearing foundation even with one full pump. On a day to day basis, I wear only half a pump with some primer and also use it as concealer. It works best with the Sephora HD foundation brush or I also use the retractable brush by Hourglass. As with most foundations, I think the trick is to see if the colors blend well and match your skin color- you can order free samples on the website or go to Sephora for a sample or to get color matched. In terms of texture, it is extremely natural with a slightly dewy but not oily finish. It feels great on the skin and is very long lasting. I used to use Bare Minerals and this feels even less like makeup than that. Although it's pricey, one bottle will last you a much longer time due to its high pigmentation/concentration (as compared to Chanel Pro Lumiere which is more watery- meaning you have to use more product to achieve the same amount of coverage). I'm impressed with this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by dana

Thanks to productville, I found this foundation and I love it. I have combo skin that can be a little flaky and oily at the same time. This foundation provides a really nice, even coverage without emphasizing the flakes, and without turning my face into a massive oil slick. The coverage looks really natural and blends effortlessly into the skin. It's finish is more dewy, but not oily. I love that it is oil free, paraben free, and fragrance free. I have only been using it a month, and have fairly young skin, so I can't say if it is having anti-aging effects or not.

It's the closest I have come to a dupe of GA's LSF (which breaks me out terribly.) I have had no such reaction to this foundation, luckily!

I find this works better with their matching primer, which creates a waterproof seal. It also ups the lasting power, which is pretty impressive to start with.
My only complaints are the price ($60 for a small tube! But one only needs a little bit.) And that the product tends to separate and water comes out when you squirt it.

Color matches: I am a MAC NW25, LSF 4.5, LM TM in Nude, and use the 1.5. I started out with the 2, but it was slightly too tan for me. The 1.5 is perfect, which leads me to believe the 1 might be too dark for some of you paler ladies out there. But sample it, who knows?