Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 2/13/2009 2:35:00 AM

I started using this product about 2 years ago, and noticed a drastic improvement in my skin (face). I used to break out regularly and have rough under the skin bumbs. This soap made my face verrry smooth and soft, and stopped all break outs. My skin texture improved so that my skin looked dewy and moiturized but no longer greasy.
The only reason I have stopped buying this product is the gooey mess the bar of soap becomes after a few uses! It turns into a goopy lump of green stuff, and it gets all over everything.

However, I found a GREAT alternative that works even BETTER --
Olivella fragrance free olive oil bars! LOVE it!

on 2/10/2009 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i don't mind/care the look of the soap as some do. i don't love that it's "melty" and must be put in a vented soap dish to dry. i use this and have for several years, when i don't use a body wash. i have very dry skin due to a medical condition that destroys my moisture glands, and this does work to help clean and moisturize my skin. i don't find the scent offensive at all, but then it doesn't linger like with some body washes so it's not a concern either. i used to use this as my hg facial cleanser, but i have rosacea now and use aveeno calming face wash for that. but when i did it worked very well. this is great for elbow, knees, don't just put it on a puff in the shower which is what i mostly did, but for very dry areas rub the bar directly and you will see a difference. i suspect some who felt it was drying were not using it directly on their skin which is the way you get the most benefits of the olive oil. if you put in the right soap dish, this lasts forever. i often can't get the smaller bar so i buy the large and cut it down to a few smaller bars. this is a great hand soap to keep next to the sink as it will not dry your hands out.

on 2/10/2009 12:49:00 PM

i used to love this soap. recently i decided to buy it to use on my hair. well it seemed to work very well. after air drying my hair was shiny and soft. that night i noticed that it was hard to make my bun on my head for sleeping. the next day my hair instead of being wavy from being in my bun all night was sticking out in all directions! i brushed it and it was frizzy and dull looking. weird. it still felt soft just weird.
usually i wash my hair with a coconut oil based soap (chandrika) and wanted to switch to an olive oil based soap because i thought it would be less drying. well it wasn't for me.
BUT i tried this soap for washing greasy dishes! it works great for this! this is a great and inexpensive soap to have next to the sink for dish washing - just swipe the sponge on the soap and scrub! all the oil came off my plates and it doesn't have a chemical smell to it.
so i will probably buy this again just to use as a kitchen soap!

on 11/27/2008 3:25:00 PM

Cons: This product was very drying and smells really bad.

Pros: It's organic and consists of only 5 ingredients.

=]

on 10/28/2008 5:06:00 AM

I do not like the scent of the olive soap.I also think its very drying for my body and face.I refer olive soap by Olivella.I use it on my body and face every day I take my shower and it makes my skin smooth and clean.Olivella is a bit more expensive than the kiss my face olive soap but I have to say it worths every penny,I find it the cheapest buying it on amazon.com and it is sold in 12 packs with free shipping.If you want to buy one and try out,you can buy it at luckyvitamin,com at 2.35 USD each

on 10/20/2008 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

As the winters coming in my skin basicaly feels like a piece of dry board. My Trader Joes plain soap started to irritate my skin so I went in search of a moisturizing one that was milder. This soap is perfect. My skins died down and the irritation has stopped.

Update: Wellit worked for a while then a few week later the breakous started to happen so I had to stop using it. The olive oil was clogging mypores. It's a great sized bar though but useless for hand washing so it basically got thrown into the back of the closet.

on 9/12/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this hoping it would be similar to DHC's Olive Soap but it was too harsh to use on my face. I ended up using it in the shower but still didn't like it enough to repurchase.

on 9/11/2008 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is very drying and it smells funny :(

on 8/16/2008 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is nasty! It is drying and smells really bad. Also, it morphs into this green glob of goo that takes over your bathroom! The smell was so bad I had to walk it outside to the trash.

on 7/1/2008 2:10:00 PM

If youare looking for a natural moisturising soap, this one is good. I can use it on my face (oily skin) and I won't break out. I use it for my body mostly, and feel that it moisturises very well. I don't need to use as much body lotion.