L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 7/31/2012 12:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I first got this, I had high hopes for it. My skin has been getting a lot better, so I'd been looking for powder foundations that I could use instead of liquid, and I saw a lot of great reviews on this so I decided to try it out.

I have a cool undertone, so I got the lightest shade in that range, even though it looked a lot darker than the C1 True Match foundation. Got home, put it on and buffed it in, and it looked really nice, in the artificial lighting of my bedroom.

And then I went to film a video, and my face looked just...gross. It looked like I hadn't washed my face in days. Within about twenty minutes, it's like this turns to oil on my face or something, it just feels heavy and gross after a while.

I was also hoping that I wouldn't have to use my mattifying powder with this product, but I did. I was blotting that on quite often because this stuff just would not set and stay put or shine free.

The color was also too dark for my skin.

And, last thing, the packaging is not great at all. A lot of the powder got stuck underneith the sifter lid and I couldn't get it out, and there's no way to really get the powder out to get it on your brush unless you tip it upside down, and then it gets all over the underside of the brush. I tapped it out onto the lid and picked it up from there.

Anyway, I returned this product. Really not my cup of tea.

on 7/24/2012 10:38:00 PM

When I was having regular treatments to the dermatologist and had clear skin I used this product and loved it. I received many compliments while wearing this product. Two girls even touched my face because they said my skin looked soft. I used a decent amount of product and was able to achieve a flawless (as many people describe my face while wearing this) but yet natural finish. Many people on here have stated that they did not use the brush that came along with it; but, to me it worked just fine. The only thing I didn't like about the brush is that it shed. The packaging is also messy but I can use something else to pour this foundation into and use. The only thing is that I'm not sure how this product would look on problem skin (meaning raised acne) I had discoloration that it covered very nicely, though. At the time when I was using the gel my dermatologist prescribed my skin was VERY and I mean very oily from the gel. I had to blot about every 30 to 40 minutes and no foundation was able to control my oil, so I did not have high expectations from this foundation for oil control. I gave this product 5 lippies because I know not everyone has THAT oily of skin like I had at the time. My suggestion is to give this product a try a couple of times, apply enough to cover most problem areas and blend well.

Warning: this product may cause clogged pores.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This foundation is perfect for my skin. As my skin is very pale, I find it hard to find the right shade of foundation but the color selection for this foundation is good, and it has many different pale shades. The coverage is buildable, from medium to full, and it takes alot to make it look "cakey". It gives the perfect matte finish! It blends into my skin like satin, and for me, it stays throughout the day, without any touchups needed. My skin is not oily at all, and I have very little acne. But I suffer from a bit redness, and this does the job covering it all!
About the packaging. You get a good amount of foundation for the money, but it tends to get stuck under the lid. Overall the packaging is poor.
Also, I would recommend buying a seperate brush, as the one you get with it might hurt your skin, since it's a bit "stingy".
This foundation is definitely worth a try, and it's also very cheap, so I would say it's worth it! I hope you get as happy with this as I do, and I hope it does the same wonders for your skin as it does to mine :)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the only mineral foundation I've found that provides medium-full coverage. Previously, I used Bareminerals, which is good stuff because it won't break out skin, but the coverage is not enough for me. I bought this and will never go back! Keep in mind that this product has more filler than Bareminerals, so I wouldn't recommend sleeping in it or keeping it on too long, it may irritate skin. The shade that works for me is Nude beige, a warm light/medium shade. I apply liquid concealer first and then apply this in circular, buffing strokes all over my face. If I have a blemish or redness then I also apply this with a concealer brush on the spot. The coverage is so beautiful and perfect! It puts other mineral makeup to shame because it covers everything(acne scars and all)! I'm thrilled with it, just be aware that it can be difficult to remove completely, which is reason why I took off a lippy. You have to own a very thorough cleanser to take this off and I think that says something about how long it lasts! I get complimented on my face and the airbrushed look thanks to this. I've repurchased this product for 3 years now!

Love this stuff. Got it for about $11 a year ago at Target, and I still havent used even half of it after wearing a liberal amount every day! the brush is actually pretty good and I gave it a 2 for packaging quality because the powder wouldnt come out of the can and i had to manually cut holes in it. This powder gives a very natural finish and seems to brighten up the face (I've had multiple friends try and buy it as well). Definitely a HG product for me. Try it!

on 6/27/2012 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder so much im use my Loreal true match foundation and in my acne scars areas i use this powder and cover everything without using a lot of powder. Look absolutley flawless

on 6/27/2012 3:44:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It has very very good coverage. I have acne scars and this covers them up nicely. I have the shade Buff Beige and it is yellowed toned which I really appreciate. The finish isn't too matte or powdery. The lasting power is also pretty good.

on 6/19/2012 8:46:00 PM

I tried this because someone recommended it..and I used to always use BareMinerals so I was hesitant, but I was out of my BareMineral Powder so I gave this a shot. And I really really liked it! It came on smoothly, and gamme a healthy glow and it had good coverage for me, since I have acne prone skin. Totally recommend it if your looking for good coverage, light feel, long lasting, and good price ;)

on 6/18/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this a while back but sadly it was in a shade too light for me, so my sister ended up using the last of it and fell in love with too. Despite not being able to use it, I have to say that during the times I used it, it is a really good mineral foundation. The coverage on it is really good and didn't seem to accentuate any dry parts of my skin.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is, hands down, my favorite drugstore foundation. I have combination skin that gets oily in the summer. This foundation covers everything (blemishes, etc) perfectly and looks very natural after I buff it on (I even use the brush that is attached to it sometimes). The variety in color is wide and I am able to find a perfect match for summer and winter.

The price (around $12 at Walgreens) is great- especially for all the product there is. The packaging is just ok. I would like it better without the brush and wish that the opening (where you put your brush to gather product) was a bit more wide because you can't fit bigger brushes in it.

I did find that I had to blot midday but I didn't find this to be a problem because I have to blot several times with other foundations.

The formula is light and even if I layer it for more coverage, it doesn't feel or look cakey.

I have gone through 5 or 6 containers of this foundation and will continue to purchase it as it is a necessity for me.