Estee Lauder Pure White Linen

3.9

on 12/7/2007 7:58:00 PM

After reading the notes for this fragrance I was sure I would not like it at all. I wore White Linen years ago and but now it just seems so overpowering! Pure WL comes up really gorgeous on my skin and those notes I usually dislike (Rose, Raspberry and specially Patchouli) are so beautifully blended, I can barely single them out! This smells white and crisp to me, very bright and fresh ... definitely a winner for spring!

on 12/5/2007 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It smells a bit like detergent. I don't like it at all.

on 11/13/2007 12:25:00 PM

I can smell lilies, pear and freesia with a hint of honeysuckle, tea and iris. Pure White Linen is a very pretty and fresh fruity-floral. Very breezy and clean - You can't go wrong with it!

on 10/7/2007 1:30:00 PM

Lovely clean refreshing perfume. I really love this product, just wish it would last longer. I did own white linen and liked it to, but the Pure White Linen is much better IMOP. I only have a small bottle so I use it sparingly but I think this is worth the investment and I will purchase a bigger bottle and maybe some lotion too.

on 10/3/2007 9:37:00 AM

A light fruity floral scent. On me, it starts out a lovely grapefruit, mandarin orange and raspberry scent. Then it changes to a strong lily with hints of gardenia and patchouli in the background. Does not match my chemistry well but I bet it smells wonderful on the right person.
Top notes are grapefruit, mandarin, raspberry tea, pear, granny smith apple, lillies, white freesia.
Middle notes: Red tulips, rose absolute, honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine and tuberose
Dry down: White cedar, pachouli, heliotropine.

on 9/28/2007 6:20:00 PM

I really like this fragrance, and I'm someone who has a hard time finding a fragrance I actually like. I've only owned a handful of perfumes in my life, for this reason. This smells very fresh and clean to me. Fruity and floral...but more emphasis on floral, I suppose. This is a nice, everyday fragrance. It's light, but it has great staying-power (at least it does on me...I can still smell it the next day!). By the way, I do not like the original version of White Linen at all. This is completely different. So, if you think you won't like this because you don't like White Linen, you might be pleasantly surprised!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I LOOOOOOOOVE this fragrance like I love my SO. Yes, I love it that much. :p It's strange 'cos I'm not usually a fruity-floral person (more floral, I actually hate fruity scents with a passion). But for some reason, I took a whiff of this in a magazine sample in October last year and I swear, it got me in a daze. It didn't smell of fruits, it was like fresh flowers and a villa by the seaside and lazy Sunday mornings. It was like I fell in love. I got all dreamy and poetic and decided I just had to have it! I got it the following month. I'm always on the hunt for my perfect fragrance. I need to have a relationship with it, or it's not for me. *lol* The best part is that the fragrance didn't get destroyed with my body chemistry! I wear it when I'm in love. sigh~ ;)

This fragrance smells like a mix between white florals and citrus. It mixes good with my chemistry and has depth to it. I like Pure White Linen better than Clinique Happy, which I sometimes also wear. I have actually received comments on how good I smell. I have not been told that in a long time. The comments were mostly women though. It is just a regular everyday fragrance that I wear when I get out of the shower, and I would wear something deeper and sexier for n evening out.
This fragrance is completely fruity to my nose now, kind of like lifesavers candy. I reach for it when I do not know what I want to wear but have no time to think about it. Very non offensive and breezy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Pure White Linen is really pretty...
top notes...grapefruit,mandarin,raspberry,pear,lilies,white freesia

middlle notes...red tulips,rose absolute,honeysuckle,gardenia,jasmine,tuberose

bottom notes...white cedar,patchouli,heliotrope...

Comes in a frosted bottle...sample is in a blue card that says ...A Surprise of Red Tulips & Rosebloom,Snow White Flowers,Sparkling Raspberry...Fresh,Luminous,Pure...

Pure White Linen smells like morning flowers,soapy...its just lovely...

on 7/12/2007 1:05:00 PM

I'm amazed I never reviewed this one. I've been wearing it since my second daughter was born in June '06 - this is such an uplifting, energizing, sheer fragrance that it was perfect to get me going after not much sleep. Well, here I am a year later, and still sleep deprived :). I love the crispness of this scent. True, it's a bit sharp in the bottle, but it mellows out when sprayed on. Very fresh and green. I end up wearing this more than anything else I own.

By the way, I wore it yesterday to a very important business meeting and when I walked up to a new person to meet them, she said "oh, you smell so nice! I just had to tell you it's lovely!" So, it's professional and casual at the same time. Signature scent material for me!