December 18, 2014 | 1671 users online

Self Tanners - Dove - Summer Glow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Fairypants1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this every morning for 5 days, didn't notice much of a difference til the 4th or 5th. It was a bit orangey but maybe that's because I am so plae naturally.
The smell is lovely at first but does build up that biscuity self tan smell after a couple uses- but not over powering.
I would buy this again because for the money I think it's the best there is.
I have tried more expensive ones and although they develop faster they stink!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 8:37:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First, The bottle is longish and the opening is on top, so when squeezing the lotion out I had a bit of a problem when i hit below mid bottle, I have to shake the lotion down to express it out and when the hands are slippery with lotion it is a hassle... Much prefer a tube packaging.

The lotion is pretty lightweight but kinds of sit on the skin and gives a filmy feeling. The smell is rather pleasant if compared to the normal smell of self-tan products. Kind of like a fruity floral scent to it... summery scent.

The colour works very well on my skin (hence the 4 lippies) as it is natural, I do not need special care for aread like wrists, ankles and patchy areas. The build-up is gradual, with a soft browny tan look on the 3 day of consistent application. It does not show up patchy and the colour faded very evenly for me, no weird "discolouration".

Overall a well enough product, the lotion may work better in a drier climate than mine (99% humidity hahaha) and it does what is is claimed to do well enough thus 4 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by Sprat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a chicken when it comes to self tanners, so this one's great in that's it's gradual, and any mistakes aren't really obvious. I have fair skin and it takes a couple of days application for the tan to show. I keep applying after that every couple of days. I think I must have got used to the smell because I quite like it! Each to their own, I guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2008 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Kimmy3Girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this a couple of years ago. Used to be too chicken to try the 'real' tanners. Gradual was as far as I used to go. Anyway I couldn't remember why I had stopped using it. I had just apllied my third lot of St. Tropez and was looking for something to keep the tan topped up. Used this.... woke up orange! hmmmm thought that maybe the two products didn mix well on me... so later (much later. had to wait for ALL the orangeness went away. the streaks! I can't tell you how frustrating it was!) I decided to see how it worked on me alone. After a couple of aplications I wasn tan. Slightly yellow.It was a very even yellow glow. Not exactly what I was aiming for. That's what the 1 star is for. The evenness. I'm sure it works for others. In fact it works reasonably well on 1 of my friends, just not for me. at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by slavetoshopping

Love it! Adds gradual tan, smells nice and I bought the one with SPF15 built in. Took it on my holiday to Greece and it was the perfect lotion to put on straight out of the shower each afternoon. (I may sit on the beach but I always wear SPF30 so I still need a little self-tanner.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't the worst self-tanner out there, but definately doesn't make the top 10, that's for sure.

I have medium olive skin, & if I just apply 1 layer of this, it leaves me with a decent enough tan. As this is a gradual self-tanner, you can't just apply 1 coat & expect to be tanned for the rest of the week. So, I applied 1 more layer each night for about 3 days, & after the 3 days, I looked like an orange streaky satsuma. A friend actually told me to hurry up home & scrub it all off because it looked like a had a orange fungal disease on my arms...
When this stuff fades it makes me look all blotchy - & although some may say this happens with all gradual moisturisers - it doesn't. My fave gradual tan moisturiser doesn't leave me with blotchy skin when it fades.

I'd give this 3 out of 5 for the moisturising effect though, & this stuff is relatively cheap.

However, I wouldn't recommend this, & I won't repurchase. There are much better products out there!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was an ok gradual tanner. I finally finished the bottle yesterday and will not be repurchasing. The lotion was pretty running and would end up all over my bathroom floor and cabinets. After I'd apply it within 8 hours my legs would start to itch like crazy. I'd then have to apply a normal lotion all over my legs to counteract the itchiness. It did give color after the first use but overall it wasn't very natural looking. I'm now trying the Hawaiian Tropics gradual tanner and so far I like it as its a gel and absorbs quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by d0llhouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yeah, this isnīt too bad, i saw results after the first aplication. however, if your skin is too fair, you might get a bit orange if you aply it too often. i think iīm a bit alergic to this too, cause it made me break out a little bit on my chest (weird).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

Overall a great product with fantastic results - I saw results after one application. I find that all I need is to apply at night for two days to begin with then once every 2 days after that to keep the tan up. Any more than that and it goes a bit orangey. No streaks or dark elbows/knees at all! I also think it blends very well, and I use a normal hand cream to blend into my wrists etc. It did turn my nails orange though when I didn't wash it off straight away (ie. after 5 minutes or more on my hands during application) so I would reccomend gloves. Tan fades away evenly when use is discontinued, I didn't even notice it fade, there were no patchy bits.

The only down side to this product and the reason I did not give 5 lippes, is that is smells terrible! Even when I apply at night and shower the next morning, the smell lingers on me all day. Its noticable and not pleasant at all. Overall a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gave my body a lovely, subtle, natural-looking tan. Much to my joy, I didn't get any noticeable lines or marks, especially around the problematic elbow, hand and ankle areas. It really did give me a nice glow, and I promptly abandoned plans to sign up with a tanning salon. I am quite happy to use this for the rest of the summer. Unfortunately I found the strong fragrance entirely objectionable - it wasn't so bad when applied, but stayed strong and developed into a combo apricoty/faux tanning cream smell which I found quite overpowering. For this reason, I'll now only apply this at night, as I cannot walk around for a whole day enveloped in such a strong, terrible scent.