April 17, 2014 | 1910 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Honeybabe39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am not really a fan of self tanners as they are a lot of work to put on, can fade wierdly, and worst of all is the smell! This formula is the best self tanner I've ever used, and I have tried many, from the high end to low. I regularly go tanning, but I try to supplement it with self tanner so that I don't have to go as often, so I'm starting with a decently dark base color. After one use, my skintone looks much more even and a little darker. I use this maybe once every 2-3 days in the summer to even out my color and get a little darker, and it looks so natural!
The best part of the product is that you don't have to put in all the work of a regular self tanner. If you don't exfoliate before you use it, it won't streak or come off quicker. You can apply it just like a regular moisturizer without worrying about looking streaky. I have very dry skin and it actually moisturizes fantastically! It also hasn't caused any chest or back acne, which I sometimes have problems with. And best of all - it doesn't smell! Woohoo!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by lionsloverosie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for about a month off and on. I really like it, although sometimes when I use to much I break out in hives. My sister has been using it for a long time though and likes it a lot. It's deffintely made me look nice and bronze. The only down side I see is that it doesn't darken my skin as much as other things, but I still like it.
I'd deffintely recommend it, although if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't use too much. Due to the hives and itchyness.

-Rosie

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by lein1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is very consistent as well as has a nice color. I usually use this item in between self tanner applications for moisture as well and maintence. The smell is light and yummy smelling. It does not stink over time either! To top it all off, it's super cheap! The only downfall for this item is that it does not give you that much color if used alone. It's worth a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I gave this product 3 lippies because it looked great indoors, but outside I looked orange and under fluorescent lights I looked yellow. It was such a shame too, because the smell of this product is fantastic and it dried so quickly! Sigh....I'll keep looking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. I mean I like the color, its pretty realistic but the smell to me is really bad, it used to smell good to me but now its just getting to me.

The consistency is okay, I really wanted something more like nice drier cream instead of this. When I apply its kinda sticky and takes a while to dry. I usually apply this before bed but I can't stand the way it feels when I get under the sheets so I have to stand in front of the fan for a while.

So after the 7 days I noticed a good brown natural color but I didn't reapply for about 2 days. I noticed that I got a lot of "lizard skin" as they say at sunless.com and I just looked like a splotchy mess. Maybe if I kept reapplying it day after day it wouldn't have done that... but I don't really want to apply it forever.

So I gave this 2 because its a good color but the smell, the lizard skin and the stickiness is just not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this. It wasn't anything special and it smelled bad to boot. The only redeeming quality is that it is probably the cheapest bronzing moisturizer I have seen - most seem to be more than the $4 I paid for this huge (and now wasted) bottle. Live and learn, I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by synergena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up at Walmart for a grand total of $5. This is a fantastic, cheap, everyday bronzing moisturizer -- perfect for fair skinned ladies in the wintertime especially. Compared to a lot of other self-tanners, this doesn't bronze quite as much, but it is very natural, streak-free, and gives just enough color to look "bronzed" and healthy. The bottle is huge (18 ounces!) compared to most other self-tanners, excellent value. It also smells great (like coconuts?) but not overwhelming, and leaves my skin very soft and moisturized.
Doesn't stain my hands or accumulate much in other areas.. I don't even wash my hands after, I just wipe them off. Also doesn't have any microglitter on it and doesn't break me out when I use it on my face.
HG status for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by momseybabes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Was using this products for weeks. I loved how it moisturized. Never streaked and gave a hint of color.
Didn't smell awful like some other self-tanners.
Started noticing itchy patches on arms and legs but thought it was due to stress or allergies. It never dawned on me it would be this lotion since I've never been allergic to anything before.
Stopped using this for awhile and itchy patches went away.
Now just started using it again and they were back in a few days. It must be this lotion. I can't think of anything else it could be. Very sad since I loved the color and moisturizing without streaking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CrazyNanny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG self-tanner.I've used every self-tanner known to man and have very sensitive skin. My chief complaint with other self tanners is that they stink especially after they mix with my skin. But not this one, this gives me a beautiful color and leaves my skin moisturized. 3 of my friends have started using it because they couldn't believe what a natural color it gave me. Would buy again and again, I'm on my 3rd bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mckayla026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a hard one for me. I used the product last year with great results, but I dont know if they changed the formula or what, but I have been having the same rashes and itchy spots the others spoke of. I really do love the color, I have never had any streaks and it is just subtle and nice, but after taking an couple weeks off cuz the rashes/itchiness, I started it back up 4 days ago and the rash and itching is back. Its not unbearable and as long as I control myself from scratching it its not that bad, but once I start scratching, its like a mesquito bite...it itches like crazy and the bumps start to spread....because of that I will not repurchase, but before I had this problem, I thought it was a wonderful self tanner!!!